• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

John

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

These verses lead me to believe Jesus was there at the creation of each angel
The angels knew Jesus before and after they had fallen.
Also v1 shows proof of trinity, although the trinity isnt the subject; extra info.
Matt 8
29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
30 And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.

Also it appears they knew something of the timeline v29
and they besought ( v31 ) him to send them into swine; rather than where the only other option; which also I think they knew also.

bottom line they appear to know he has total power over all created things

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,140
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings joejkljkl

All good replies to your question,I would say it is summed up best by what other one has said.....

because the Father gave him the authority......    Jesus had the authority to send them to the bottomless pit until judgement day and the demons didn't want that.

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Because He is God

I go with your answer  :mgcheerful:

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

because they really didn't have much of a choice. If they did, then Jesus really wasn't God. . .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

Once God have spoken,twice have i heard,all power belong to God,

Both in the lower realm power that devil operate belong to God,

God hold the highest power,

even when God speaks devil tremble,

Though devil has power,yet his power is under God's control,

That was why Jesus told us,in the gosple of luke 10:18-19"

18 And he said unto them,I beheld satan as lightning fall from heaven.

19Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions,and over all the power of the enemy,and nothing shall by any means hurt you,

Jesus has giving every believer the power to cast out demons,

But sin and disobedient to God,

have make the power inside us not to be powerful,

That is why some time,devil will not tremble when we speaks,

Jesus told us that we will do more greater things than the one He did if we will have faith and believe.

If those demons obeyed Jesus,

they will also obey us,why" because we are puting on our Lord Jesus Christ.

All we have to do,is to submit our will to God,and take up His own will,

That is making God's will our own will,

though it sound difficult but not impossible.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

You know, in the gospels Jesus exorcized many demons just by telling them to leave. Why do you think they would obey the one they were constantly working against?

Because they knew He had the authority

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Gen 1:26 KJV
(26)  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

God gave man unconditional dominion over all the earth, and no one can change that but God.  Adam (and everyone else since except Jesus) yielded that authority to the devil, which is the ONLY reason the devil can affect any change at all in the earth (that is, in the physical world - the devil can only act in the physical through a man who has yieled his Gen 1:26 authority to him).  there are only two ways that God could take this unconditional authority back - either by going back on His word (which would destroy all He created, including man, since all things are upheld by the integrity of His word); or to become a man in a flesh body and regain that authority as a man under Gen 1:26.  God's great love for man prevented Him from exercising the first option.  so in effect, the devil saw that by deceiving man into yielding his authority in the earth to him (the devil), he (the devil) could hold man hostage and escape the wrath of God for a time - for as long as there are men that God loves who are yielded to him (the devil).

Jesus (Emanuel, God with us) was indeed God in a flesh body, but He put aside His power as God and operated as a man with Gen 1:26 authority, as an example to us of how to wield this God-given authority in the physical world; and He never yielded His God-given authority as a man to the devil like the rest of us have done.  the devil and his bunch respect God's authority because they recognize Him as Almighty; whether that authority is exercised by God Himself or by God's delegate.  Jesus, as a man, took back from the devil the authority that man had yielded to him (the devil) through His sacrifice on the cross as our substitute; so those of us who are reborn in Christ (having become new creatures with that Gen 1:26 authority) have that same authority over the devil, when we use that authority according to God's leading - when we are led by God, the devil no longer sees us, but sees the God that leads us; and he MUST yield to the Almighty because there is no more hostage for him (the devil) to stand behind when he (the devil) faces a reborn believe who is led by God and understands his Gen 1:26 authority in the earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

You know, in the gospels Jesus exorcized many demons just by telling them to leave. Why do you think they would obey the one they were constantly working against?

They had no choice when confronted.  Resist the devil and HE WILL flee from you is the same principle.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

I wonder where they went to after the pigs fell off the cliff into the sea?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,148
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I wonder where they went to after the pigs fell off the cliff into the sea?

they move freely through the water and come out and try to enter some other person....   it's that way unless they are sent to the pit where they stay until the bottomless pit is opened at the end of the age...   I'm not sure we have the authority to send them to the pit...   I've never tried and don't intend to unless the Holy  Spirit nags me about it some day.

I found it odd that Jesus didn't send them to the pit....   I always considered that if he didn't, I shouldn't try.