:24:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I am quite convinced that the world is warming is occuring probablydue to human agency, although not at the rate that some are predicting. Meterorology and climatology are a hobby of mine. The Northeastern US where I live is expericing an especially severe winter by historical standards,, However I have no doubt  that global tmperatures are rising. However year to year changes for any given region fluctuate. There are however many evengelical's probably because of close connections with the Republican Party that believe that global warming is a myth They spin gobal warming adherents as leftwing, nature worshiping New Agers.

I have read the science. I have looked at the news. I have checked it out. I do not think this is man caused. Not when you look at the more distant past and seen the changes in climate. 

I am not affiliated with the republican party either. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

When you reject the authority of Scripture, you reject any claim that it has over your life. 

So true, Shiloh! 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I am a Charismatic Christian by he way. The trends I referred to have been underway for a long time (by this I mean at least a few hundred years) but have recently increased in momentum. I recommend the book The Great Evangelical Recession by John Dickerson, published by Baker Books. The US remains more religious than Europe, but many Christians are nominal and follow a compromised faith. Christianity and its values have greatly diminished as a force in the US and this is even more the case in Europe and those who hold to traditional evangelical values are becoming increasingly marginalized. It will become increasingly more  difficult to function in society and even in some cases maintain employment without a willingness to compromise basic Christian values.

Edited by submission

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

The Satanic and New Age conspiracies some evangelical Christians perceive are chimeras. 

I don't comment here much anymore, but you have caught my interest with this statement above. Would you please go into more detail as to what you are saying in regards to the above statement.

Firestormx

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

The Satanic and New Age conspiracies some evangelical Christians perceive are chimeras. The Left Behind series, the idea that climate change theory is inspired by left wing New Age beliefs, the belief by some that there is an intelligentsia that subscribes to New Age philosophy are all aspects of this. What is on the rise in the West is atheism and an increase in people with no religious affiliation and closely associated with this is humanism. Atheism, naturalism and materialism underpin Western thought and its ideas have difused into contemporary Christianity. Pentecostal/ Charismatc Christianity has experienced dynamic growth in Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa and parts of Asia while many Euuropean churches have become large ornate sepulchers attended by the aged.

Any of the ideas expressed can be commented on. It did not seem to fit clearly into any category so I chose General Discussion. I suppose it could be moved to Worthy Opinions although presumably my comments may provoke some discussion..

I'm not a fan of your approach.  What I see are your ideas and beliefs, expressed as facts without a specific purpose other than to set yourself up as the authority on these things and to "provoke."  (Proverbs 26:12)  You started a thread, stating your opinions and then basically sat back waiting either for fiery darts or to be told you're right.  1 Corinthians 8:1 reminds us that knowledge puffs up, but love builds up.  It comes across to me as a spirit of division.  You don't state what your purpose, goal or aim is for this thread.  It's basically, "Here are my opinions.  Say whatever you want, I'm ready for it."  (Illustrated especially in the parts of your comments that I've put in bold face.)

Firestirmix, Sorry for the delay but I have been busy. What I mean to say is that there is a growing indifference to the things of God as well as an underlying atheism which are growing in the West and that this trend has accelerated. If you are strongly coneected to a church many of your relationships may be church focused and you may not be as aware of these trends. The general acceptance of cohabitation, premarital relationships and homosexaulity as acceptable alternative lifestyles, the increasing, profanity and crudity on television are all evidence of changing mores. This trend is more evident in Europe, especially in certain areas of Europe then in the US.. Our society has become Post-Christian, the culture having become increasingly diverse with Biblicial beliefs becoming one of the many possibilities in a marketplace of ideas to choose from. I certainly do believe in Satan and the demonic as  a very real force and have commented on this subject previously in this forum. I have had some direct experience in the past in this area. Although there are certainly people out there who hold New Age beliefs, follow Eastern infuenced philosophies or the occult I believe that their presence and influence in Western society have been exaggerated by some Christians. Their influence may grow greater  at a later time as fashions change in what people believe. In the youth culture of the 60's-70's there was a  great deal of interest in Eastern metaphysics (Transcendental Meditation, Alan Watts, Baba Rom Dass, Carlos Castaneda, etc). I used some strong imagery concering the declining influence of the Christian Church to emphasize the seriousness and depth of these changes. I also believe that this erosion in Christian beliefs and values is Satanically directed and inspired.

Again, I rcommend the book The Great Evangelical Recession by John S Dickerson (2013) by Baker Books which discusses these trends in the US, with considerbale supporting documentation. The book, ebook is readily available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. The situation in Europe is even more dire. When I speak of largely vacant churches attended by elderly people I am not exagerating especially in respect to Roman Catholic and mainline denomination churches in some European countries.

Edited by submission

Let me also add in case my intent is misiterpreted that I know through direct experience that that demonic possesion/ oppression are very real and that the occult and eastern religion/ new age are gateways to demonic infestation and attack. They are not to be trifled with. Supernatural phenomena and demonic activity are not restricted to Africa and Asia and the expereinces of missionaries in far flung areas of the globe but occur in the West as well.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Firestormx, Sorry for the delay but I have been busy. What I mean to say is that there is a growing indifference to the things of God as well as an underlying atheism which are growing in the West and that this trend has accelerated. 

Thank you for the response and the clarity as to what you were saying.