LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe there is a reason for all that I have gone through and am still going through. I have always felt bad for the homeless. More like felt sorry for them. But it was easy to just say "oh that is so sad" and then just pass them by going on with my life. But now because of all the things I have gone through, having times when I had no money to buy food, no money to pay bills. Losing my house and being forced to move in with someone or else be out on the street. I have a deep hurt for those who are homeless and in need. Such a hurt that I cry over not being able to help them. A few months ago I was pulling out of a walmart parking lot when I saw a women at the end of the street holding up a sign saying "I have no money please help." The only cash I had on me was $5.00. I pulled over and gave her the $5.00 and then apologized for not being able to give her more. She was very grateful for the little I could give. But it bothered me that I could not do more. I prayed for her that night and felt so much hurt in my heart for this poor lady. I say this not the brag on myself for what I did. Because I really did nothing at all. I say this to show how what I have gone through has humbled my heart and has made me a more compassionate person. I can no long just see a homeless person or someone in need and say "oh that is so sad" and go on as if nothing has happen. I now cry for these people and hurt inside for them. My heart brakes because I do not know what to do to help them and I am burden by their need. I do not know if humbling me and making me hurt for the needy is the reason for my suffering. But that is what has become of my suffering.  It has made me want to even more find  away to serve others.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

It is certainly easier to feel compassion for others when you have experienced what they are going through.  Why do things happen as they do?  It is difficult to say, but we often make choices that have a ripple effect on everything in our lives that follow.  Keep Jesus at the center of your life, and your choices, He will guide your steps.  God bless you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I have to say that where we are, most of the people who hold up signs on corners are professional beggers who make more money than the average citizen. Many have been investigated around here and exposed.

So it might be better to go get the person a big mac and a cup of coffee than to hand them money. You can hand food to them safely. Sometimes our church will pay a drug store directly for needed meds or pay utilities directly. They also provide work around the church or the pastors' homes so the people can work for the payments.

There are people like yourself and Nigel who genuinely needed a helping hand and a friend. But you really need to pray about who you should help and how to go about it. Let God be your guide, not your emotions.

I have friends who visit our local mission on a regular basis. He speaks or preaches and she plays her guitar and sings. They also visit with the people and listen to them. It is a real ministry.

Blessings,

Willa

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Maybe there is a reason for all that I have gone through and am still going through. I have always felt bad for the homeless. More like felt sorry for them. But it was easy to just say "oh that is so sad" and then just pass them by going on with my life. But now because of all the things I have gone through, having times when I had no money to buy food, no money to pay bills. Losing my house and being forced to move in with someone or else be out on the street. I have a deep hurt for those who are homeless and in need. Such a hurt that I cry over not being able to help them. A few months ago I was pulling out of a walmart parking lot when I saw a women at the end of the street holding up a sign saying "I have no money please help." The only cash I had on me was $5.00. I pulled over and gave her the $5.00 and then apologized for not being able to give her more. She was very grateful for the little I could give. But it bothered me that I could not do more. I prayed for her that night and felt so much hurt in my heart for this poor lady. I say this not the brag on myself for what I did. Because I really did nothing at all. I say this to show how what I have gone through has humbled my heart and has made me a more compassionate person. I can no long just see a homeless person or someone in need and say "oh that is so sad" and go on as if nothing has happen. I now cry for these people and hurt inside for them. My heart brakes because I do not know what to do to help them and I am burden by their need. I do not know if humbling me and making me hurt for the needy is the reason for my suffering. But that is what has become of my suffering.  It has made me want to even more find  away to serve others.

There is a wonderful thing that started almost spontaneously in my country. In short it is called RAK. Random acts of kindness. It has spread like wildfire.

Essentially, one just does a RAK that can be anything. It does not have to be money, or food, it can be anything.

I love it! I have been doing it for years because it is such fun! Last month I saw a woman struggling to find change to pay her parking fee in a mall parking. There was line of impatient people behind her. She was juggling her purse, shopping, phone, etc, and I could see she was embarrassed. I leaned over her and deposited the required amount in the machine and walked away. I could hear her asking people, "did you see that?"

It can be anything. help someone carry their shopping (ask first!), or any small thing.

So don't feel bad that you only had $5 to give her. It was all you had and $5 more than she had before she met you!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

There is a wonderful thing that started almost spontaneously in my country. In short it is called RAK. Random acts of kindness. It has spread like wildfire.

Essentially, one just does a RAK that can be anything. It does not have to be money, or food, it can be anything.

I love it! I have been doing it for years because it is such fun! Last month I saw a woman struggling to find change to pay her parking fee in a mall parking. There was line of impatient people behind her. She was juggling her purse, shopping, phone, etc, and I could see she was embarrassed. I leaned over her and deposited the required amount in the machine and walked away. I could hear her asking people, "did you see that?"

It can be anything. help someone carry their shopping (ask first!), or any small thing.

So don't feel bad that you only had $5 to give her. It was all you had and $5 more than she had before she met you!

:mgcheerful: 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I can tell that this is really on your heart, L.K.  Don't feel bad that you can't do more; feel good that you did what you could.  God judges the heart, not the wallet.  :mgbowtie: 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

This is how Jesus leads us to ministry. He has given you a gift through your suffering. Always seek his will even when others think you are doing something crazy. God bless you.