PetriFB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

How many Christians will tell someone what their astrological sign is when asked? Shouldnt we avoid that as well?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

Is it okay if I read my horoscope, but not "really believe in it spiritually"? - Okay, probably not the same, but still,,,,

It's not the same. With a Horror-scope  :mgbowtie: (pun intended), you are actively seeking to find out about your future through a source outside of God. With Yoga, you can actually do the stretching and exercises apart from actively worshiping other god's. Which are not real to begin with. People say the moves summon demons, but demons are probably right next to you all day everyday anyway. Looking for any weaknesses in your armor. We are at war with them daily, so no silly exercise will make a difference in my opinion. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Yoga and kundalini power is not suitable to Christian who believe in the Lord Jesus as the Bible tells. Watch the video and see why. 

*** video link removed ***

Please post all videos, or links to videos, in the Video Forums.

That is correct Yoga and kundalini is not suitable for Christians.Horoscopes are not ok for Christian as well.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Is it okay if I read my horoscope, but not "really believe in it spiritually"? - Okay, probably not the same, but still,,,,

It's not the same. With a Horror-scope  :mgbowtie: (pun intended), you are actively seeking to find out about your future through a source outside of God. With Yoga, you can actually do the stretching and exercises apart from actively worshiping other god's. Which are not real to begin with. People say the moves summon demons, but demons are probably right next to you all day everyday anyway. Looking for any weaknesses in your armor. We are at war with them daily, so no silly exercise will make a difference in my opinion. 

You are right about them lurking around for any legal (or illegal, they seem not to care too much about following divine order) access. It's a thin line, when stretching becomes a method to 'enhance' you spiritual condition. By the way, I am not strictly against good health, and we do have dancing as a way of worship as well in Christian tradition. Apparently, these asanas as we know them today were actually developed by the 20th century according to a European form of gymnastics. So to that regard, their ultimate authority can be questioned. But, and that's a big but, when they are being combined to a spiritual mind set, it's really more of a playing with fire. It's like asking, is it ok for a Christian to practice tantra, even the 'spiritual' aspect of it?

Even though we can say God is also using energies to sustain the Creation, at least from how we can perceive it as of now, our approach to them can not only be solely based on how we see the situation, but how reality actually works. So it might be that according to me what I am doing should be fine, and there's no big deal about it, but from God's way of seeing, that may not be the case. And it's not that I have this idea of a God who most of the time keeps Himself busy recording to the smallest detail our every possible trespass against His holiness. But most certainly, we are accountable for what we do, not only why we do it.

According to the Vedic philosophy, which means the principles behind yoga as spiritual platform, performing what's part of that system in any (ritualistic) way, we are connecting ourselves to and opening to that reality. In principle it may sound terrific to gym yourself closer to God, (and it's a good question is it ok and if so, to what extent we can take things from elsewhere), but how that's purposed to work, is another issue.

That in mind, the best way, is to pray to God about it, and reflect on the scripture how that aligns. I mean, stretching of course should be part of our lives, even the animals do that. But it's a hard question how the energies involved these things work and influence us, and if that's God intended.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

It's not the 'silly exercise' that's the problem - it's the meditational side.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Yoga and kundalini power is not suitable to Christian who believe in the Lord Jesus as the Bible tells.

Amen.  Most North Americans have no clue about Hinduism.

People say the moves summon demons, but demons are probably right next to you all day everyday anyway.

The issue is not whether demons surround us daily.  The issue is whether Christians have "fellowship" with demons and thereby open themselves to Satanic influences, while provoking the Lord to jealousy (1 Cor 10:19-22).  All Hindu practices are ultimately involved with demonic forces as revealed below:

19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?

20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.

21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.

22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?

How many Christians will tell someone what their astrological sign is when asked? Shouldnt we avoid that as well?

Absolutely. Scripture forbids involvement with astrology.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings.....

What I am noticing is that some people are not really understanding how "apart " from the world we truly are,,,,,,,,we cannot begin to compare ourselves to the unbelievers around us,,,,,,,,when we are speaking of "what others see",this does not include Christians,,,,,,,,,,we do not see things as others see them,firstly we walk by faith & not by sight ,we would not assume or judge another by appearances,or at least I should hope not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if I saw a married Christian friend eating in a restaurant with someone other than their spouse I am not going to jump to any conclusions,if I see them doing excercises thgat appear to be "yoga" ,I am not going to think they are worshipping false gods and I would ask my brethren"What are ya doing?"        

We are "a peculiar people" & we do not think as the world does,so lets try to keep this in perspective.................and after all this discussion,one would think it is established that ":yoga" is a form of meditation & worship of false gods,,,,,,why then,would a Christian insist on calling it "yoga" if that is not what they are doing?That would be like me doing a dance(because I liked the exercise) that some native American Indians do to invoke some spirit to make it rain & saying "I am doing a "RainDance",,,,,instead of just saying,I'm dancing..............

I'm not sure that was a very good analogy but I think y'all get my drift                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Blessings.....

What I am noticing is that some people are not really understanding how "apart " from the world we truly are,,,,,,,,we cannot begin to compare ourselves to the unbelievers around us,,,,,,,,when we are speaking of "what others see",this does not include Christians,,,,,,,,,,we do not see things as others see them,firstly we walk by faith & not by sight ,we would not assume or judge another by appearances,or at least I should hope not,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if I saw a married Christian friend eating in a restaurant with someone other than their spouse I am not going to jump to any conclusions,if I see them doing excercises thgat appear to be "yoga" ,I am not going to think they are worshipping false gods and I would ask my brethren"What are ya doing?"        

We are "a peculiar people" & we do not think as the world does,so lets try to keep this in perspective.................and after all this discussion,one would think it is established that ":yoga" is a form of meditation & worship of false gods,,,,,,why then,would a Christian insist on calling it "yoga" if that is not what they are doing?That would be like me doing a dance(because I liked the exercise) that some native American Indians do to invoke some spirit to make it rain & saying "I am doing a "RainDance",,,,,instead of just saying,I'm dancing..............

I'm not sure that was a very good analogy but I think y'all get my drift                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

I get it, and I agree,