• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I have been thinking a lot about this the past few months.  I would have  said then I don't want to ruffell anyone's feathers but I have come to the conclusion that if I do I do and I guess they will have to deal with it.

I have been a believer since I was 15.  I am  now 62 so it's been a long time.  I believe that being saved at that young age and being raised in a home where "no meant no" makes a difference.

We are living in a fallen world.  It is getting worse by the day, and we as Believers have to stand up and speak the truth about  what Scripture says.  We cannot just "go with the flow because we want to be politically correct.  Jesus and His disciples and many that have followed knew the cost.  If we don't live as God intended us to live I think it is a slap in the face to everyone that lost their life to follow these very things. 

We cannot live with one foot in the world and one foot in the Kingdom of God, it will tear us apart and also the very ones we try and minister to.

I want with all my heart for people to know Who I  belong to and what I stand for, but most of all Who I serve.  I don't want to back down for fear of making someone mad or uncomfortable.  I want for people to look at me, hear my speech or see my actions and know without a doubt I  belong to Jesus, that I am a Kingdom Kid.

I thank you here at Worthy for allowing me to be that person.  For 11 years now I have been a servant of Worthy and I pray I will be until Jesus comes or He takes me Home.

God bless you my family I pray that this site continues to grow in Christ and hundreds of thousands more souls will be ushered into the Kingdom.

Because He Lives!  RustyAngeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

I have been thinking a lot about this the past few months.  I would have  said then I don't want to ruffell anyone's feathers but I have come to the conclusion that if I do I do and I guess they will have to deal with it.

I have been a believer since I was 15.  I am  now 62 so it's been a long time.  I believe that being saved at that young age and being raised in a home where no meant no makes a difference.

We are living in a fallen world.  It is getting worse by the day, and we as Believers have to stand up and speak the truth about  what Scripture says.  We cannot just "go with the flow because we want to be politically correct.  Jesus and His disciples and many that have followed knew the cost.  If we don't live as God intended us to live I think it is a slap in the face to everyone that lost their life to follow these very things. 

We cannot live with one foot in the world and one foot in the Kingdom of God, it will tear us apart and also the very ones we try and minister to.

I want with all my heart for people to know Who I  belong to and what I stand for, but most of all Who I serve.  I don't want to back down for fear of making someone mad or uncomfortable.  I want for people to look at me, hear my speech or see my actions and know without a doubt I  belong to Jesus, that I am a Kingdom Kid.

I thank you here at Worthy for allowing me to be that person.  For 11 years now I have been a servant of Worthy and I pray I will be until Jesus comes or He takes me Home.

God bless you my family I pray that this site continues to grow in Christ and hundreds of thousands more souls will be ushered into the Kingdom.

Because He Lives!! RustyAngel

That is a nice story.

I have been a believer since I was 15.  I am  now 62 so it's been a long time.  I believe that being saved at that young age and being raised in a home where "no meant no" makes a difference.

:emot-heartbeat:

Because He Lives!!

~

When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation

And take me home - what joy shall fill my heart!

Then shall I bow in humble adoration

And there proclaim, my God, how great Thou art!

Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou Art! How great Thou Art!

Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,

How great Thou Art! How great Thou Art!

https://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/chris.petrie/rep/howgreat.html

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

One thing I have learned growing older in the Lord is that our "roots" only grow deeper in the truths we learned at the first. I hope I never cross your line in the sand (just kidding). I appreciate your stand and felt your heart in the words you posted and that devil is in trouble now. blessings

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

RustyAngel..... your speaking out could not have come at a better time.  I don't think any feathers will be ruffelled here at Worthy by you speaking your mind.  I also believe as you do.... we have become to pc.  I think that our using the "default" speak with actions does not go far in the secular world nowadays.  That is what satan wants us to do, just be quiet and not be heard.  This is his basic attack method.

Along with our "default" position, I am also guilty of over using the old....."if they don't listen, then kick the dust the dust of your shoes and move on" logical practice way too often & way to soon.  I always wondered just how much we should attempt to deliver the Word before we actually should move on.

AND if that is not enough, I find myself sometimes thinking to myself, well, I planted the seed, and that is enough.  I suppose that the main goal is to let them know exactly what you believe and why, on these secular issues.  But his reminds me of a story that I had listened to several times on a Christian radio station here in So. Cal. (KWAVE)......

There was a believer that had visited a horrible convict in prison.  He visited many many times and always tried to deliver the Word to this fellow, but he refused to accept the Truth.  Later on, when the prisoner was near death on his death bed, the believer was with him, and once again attempted to lead him to the Lord. Again the fellow refused, and the believer asked why. He replied ..... if I were you, and believed what you believe about how terrible hell is and is that way for eternity, I would have crawled on my hands and knees across a mile of broken glass to warn people about it.  Since you have not done that, it must not be true.

Well, that is enough for now from me. I want to see what others have to contribute to this thread.  GBU Brother Rusty.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

Amen sis!!!

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Amen, Rusty. In the last few years I have started writing to congressmen as well. They probably never read them, but only some aide, and it just becomes a number in the yeas and nays stacks; but I can't sit quietly by anymore. I must at least try to make my voice heard.

My last letter told him that, in answer to a recent poll, freedom to practice religious convictions as guarenteed by the bill of rights was my greatest concern for this country. It wasn't even a choice on the poll which mentioned the economy, terrorism and other things. I maintained that sinners are now guaranteed more rights than I have to not condone or endorse sin according to my conscience and Bibical religious beliefs.

It is time that we as Christians made our voices heard while we still have the freedom to do so. It is easy to do so at church or on this forum. It is much harder to do so on our university campuses or where public opinion shoots us down immediately.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,138
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sis

Amen ,,,,,,,,,yes,we need to make our voices be heard ,,,,hats off to our Sister Willa, too!              With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Because He Lives!  RustyAngeL

Well said Rusty   :thumbsup:

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

amen