• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,263
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Openly Curious,

I received this post from you (Worthy) a few days ago when I was on holiday. Since then I haven`t been able to find it on the thread. However I think you asked important questions which I will answer simply, as you asked. It does, however, begin to open up the last great truth to be revealed to the Body of Christ, (I believe). Thus there will be many & varied topics around this great revelation of God`s eternal purposes in Christ Jesus.

Marilyn – I believe it is important to know who is the `Bride,` for God has not only used it as His relationship to Israel but it also includes a specific purpose of God – the Bride purpose, & I believe there is a Body purpose.

Openly Curious –
Who do you say is the bride?
What simply do you say is the Bride purpose?
What simply do you say is the Body purpose?

The Bride – Israel.

`For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is His name, & your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel;…` (Isa. 54: 5)
`I will betroth you to Me for ever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me….` (Hosea2: 19)

The Bride Purpose –

The Old Testament `just men` ruling through Christ as Priests from the New Jerusalem over the earth. (Also includes the 12 kings over the 12 tribes of Israel)
The Bride, meaning `joined, becoming one,` symbolic of the vehicle that enables the interlocking (becoming one) of the spiritual & physical realms.

The Body Purpose –

The Body of Christ ruling through Christ as KingPriests from the third heaven over all.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

The Bride – Israel.

`For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is His name, & your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel;…` (Isa. 54: 5)

`I will betroth you to Me for ever; Yes, I will betroth you to Me….` (Hosea2: 19)

Isaiah 52:13-53:1-12

This portion of scripture foretells of the servant of the Lord (speaking of Jesus Christ) that would come and suffer the cross giving his soul (life) as an offering for sin. It tells of how Christ sacrifice would satisfy God and through his seed (meaning through Christ) many would be justified (Isaiah 53:10-12).

Isaiah 54

Which is where the scripture is found in which you used above. In Isaiah 54:1-17 it fortells of how the blessings would come upon the Gentiles through his servant speaking of Jesus Christ (the latter part of Isaiah 54:3...and thy seed (Christ) shall inherit the Gentiles). The believing Gentiles also become Christ heritage.

Then the next few verses is where your text is found which says...

Isaiah 54:4-8 - Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt not be put to shame; for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more (as God would have mercy and give blessings once again to the Jews also as salvation would come through Christ). For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer (being Christ) the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. For the Lord hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in Spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with an everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.

Isaiah 55:1-13

In this portion of text the divine invitation is being given to EVERY one who thirsteth to come (vs. 1). It fortells that who ever would hear and would come to him that he would make an everlasting covenant with them (vs. 3) even the sure mercies of David. It tells how the Lord had given Christ his only Son for a witness (John 18:37; Rev. 1:5)to the people, a leader and commander to the people (Jer. 30:9; Ezek. 34:23; Dan.9:25; Hosea 3:5). It says...

Isaiah 55:5 - Behold thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel (Christ Jesus).

Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved from out of every nation upon the face of the earth can become a part of the "an holy nation" (a nation thou knewest not) a part of the chosen generation, a part of the royal priesthood and a part of a peculiar people that we should show forth the praises of him (Christ) who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light which in time past WERE NOT a people, but ARE NOW the people of God which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy (1 Pet 2:9-10). This is the believers inheritance in the saints (Ephesians 3).

The Bride of Christ is not Israel but it is the Church who is made up of all people Jews and Gentiles who in this dispensation of grace calls on the name of the Lord and accept Christ as there Redeemer it is these that are the people of God.

The Lord of hosts is his name and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel the promised "seed" (Gal. 3:16-18)who is our Maker and husband. This is what Isaiah was foretelling.

It is through Christ Jesus we are reconciled back to right standing with God for he is our Redeemer and our Maker and husband. That would make the Redeemed of the Lord the bride.

We earnestly are awaiting to be carried over the threshold to our home being joined with Christ forevermore.

The Body Purpose –

The Body of Christ ruling through Christ as KingPriests from the third heaven over all.

Marilyn.

Who do you say is the body of Christ ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

The Body Purpose –

Marilyn.

I don't see how that is possible

Rev 21:22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

There is no longer a Third Heaven, New Jerusalem being the third heaven descends from the third Heaven to earth, where God Himself and Jesus will be ruling from.

Hi inchrist,

Do you really hear what you are saying bro. :hmmm:  `...descends from...& is no more.`

Marilyn.

The Bride – Israel.

Isaiah 52:13-53:1-12

This portion of scripture foretells of the servant of the Lord (speaking of Jesus Christ) that would come and suffer the cross giving his soul (life) as an offering for sin. It tells of how Christ sacrifice would satisfy God and through his seed (meaning through Christ) many would be justified (Isaiah 53:10-12).

Hi Openly Curious.

Glad you want to look further into this wonderful topic. Now those scriptures of Isaiah 52 & 53 are a wonderful insight into our precious Lord as you said.

Isaiah 54. Which is where the scripture is found in which you used above. In Isaiah 54:1-17 it fortells of how the blessings would come upon the Gentiles through his servant speaking of Jesus Christ (the latter part of Isaiah 54:3...and thy seed (Christ) shall inherit the Gentiles). The believing Gentiles also become Christ heritage.

Now I think we need to have a close look at those scriptures –

Sing, O barren, You who have not borne! Break forth into singing, & cry aloud, you who have not travailed with child! For more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married woman,” says the Lord. “Enlarge the place of your tent, & let them stretch out the curtains of your habitations; do not spare; lengthen your cords, & strengthen your stakes. For you shall expand to the right & to the left, & your descendants will inherit the nations, & make the desolate cities inhabited.`

(Isa. 54: 1 – 30)

I believe in the context here it is speaking of ` your descendants, (NKJ) your seed, (KJ) ` as meaning Israel`s children. `For more are the children … (v. 1) & All your children shall be taught by the Lord… (v. 13) Israel as we know will rule the nations in the millennium.

Then the next few verses is where your text is found which says...

Isaiah 54:4-8 - Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt not be put to shame; for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more (as God would have mercy and give blessings once again to the Jews also as salvation would come through Christ). For thy Maker is thine husband; the Lord of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer (being Christ) the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. For the Lord hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in Spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with an everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer.`

We clearly read of God calling Israel `a wife,` & Himself `thine husband.` We also know that God `divorced Israel, (Isa. 50: 1) but that He will again `marry her.` (Rev. 19: 7 – 9)

Isaiah 55:1-13

In this portion of text the divine invitation is being given to EVERY one who thirsteth to come (vs. 1). It fortells that who ever would hear and would come to him that he would make an everlasting covenant with them (vs. 3) even the sure mercies of David. It tells how the Lord had given Christ his only Son for a witness (John 18:37; Rev. 1:5)to the people, a leader and commander to the people (Jer. 30:9; Ezek. 34:23; Dan.9:25; Hosea 3:5). It says...

Isaiah 55:5 - Behold thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel (Christ Jesus).

Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved from out of every nation upon the face of the earth can become a part of the "an holy nation" ….

Let`s look at bit further into these scriptures, Openly Curious.

`Do not let the son of a foreigner who has joined himself to the Lord speak, saying, “The Lord has utterly separated me from His people;” Nor let the eunuch say, “Here I am, a dry tree.” For thus says the Lord: “To the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths, & choose what pleases me, & hold fast my covenant, Even to them I will give in My house & within My walls a place & a name….everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, & holds fast My covenant - …for My house shall be called a house of prayers for all nations.” (Isa. 56: 3 – 5, 7)

Thus we do see that God is including the Gentiles into the covenant He made with Israel. We read about many of these Gentiles in Hebrews ch. 11.

`…Abel…Enoch…Noah….Rahab….etc, etc ` (Heb. 11: 4, 5, 7, 31)

`And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise.` (v. 39)

These were all Gentiles & of course there were many more that joined to Israel & held fast to God`s covenant. Also we can mentions Ruth, a well known one who became part of the Lord`s lineage. Now as we can see God was (is) very gracious & included the Gentiles in the days of His covenant to Israel & even before them, to those who looked to Him with the revelation, understanding that they had received – eg. Abel, Enoch etc.

We are told that this special group is called `the spirits of just men (& women).` Their spirits are in the General Assembly awaiting their inheritance. (Heb. 12: 23)

You have come to….`the General Assembly …….to the spirits of just men made perfect.` (Heb. 12: 23)

What a wonderful hope for those Old Testament people of Israel & Gentiles who held fast to God`s covenant with Israel.

Next we see you are talking about the Body of Christ which we know from God`s word was a revelation to the Apostle Paul. This is now another NEW GROUP that God has not talked about previously. Thus we need to pay close attention to what God`s word actually says.

`But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. ` (1 Peter 2: 9 & 10)

You quoted this scripture, & a great scripture it is. It declares that we, the Body of Christ, called out of Israel & the nations, (Jews & Gentiles) a holy, special & specifically a ROYAL PRIESTHOOD. Now Israel never had a royal priesthood. All their kings & priests were separate offices. A king could not be a priest & a priest could not be a king. Thus we have a whole new order of priests, kingpriests. We know that God has promised that the Body of Christ will be such a group – kingpriests.

`…and has made us kings & priests to His God & Father…` (Rev. 1: 6)

This is a whole new order of priests, royal, kingpriests. We read of the Head of that new order – Christ in Hebrews 7. A good topic to look into. And this group is different from the OT spirits of just men, as God`s word tells us that we have a different inheritance.

`And all these (OT spirits of just men) ….did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us…` (Heb. 11: 40)

And what is that `something better?`

Better – Gk. `kreitton,` from `kratos,` meaning dominion. Thus better, greater dominion.

I fully understand that these thoughts are quite new & challenging. However I do believe it is time in the Lord that this revelation came to light. It will take a lot of discussion & honest looking at God`s word for clarity to come. There has been so much `it`s all about us` that is will take a humble heart, I believe to really appreciate God`s purposes for the three groups – the Body of Christ, Israel & the Nations.

Good discussing with you, Openly Curious, as you were the only one who followed up on my comment. Very good. And I do pray that the Lord will bring clarity to us all.

Blessings, Marilyn.

The Bride of Christ is not Israel but it is the Church who is made up of all people Jews and Gentiles who in this dispensation of grace calls on the name of the Lord and accept Christ as there Redeemer it is these that are the people of God.

I think we do need to be a little careful here,  for all intent and purpose the Bride is Hebrew or an Israelite, however its clear her foundations are in the church 

Rev 21:14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

It is evident that the apostles formed the nucleus of primitive Christianity, What must be emphasized is that their apostolic commission authorized them to preach ( 1 Co 1:17 ); to be ambassadors for Christ ( 2 Col 5:20 ; Eph 6:20 ); to be witnesses to all nations ( Luke 24:48 ); and to make disciples of all peoples ( Matt 28:19 ).

So while the bride may be Israelite and represent ethnic israel it is without a doubt the church is her foundation and is for all intent and purpose part of the building structure of New Jerusalem. So while she represents Israel at the same time she herself is an apostle, commissioned to preach from, to be the city of Christ and God, to be a witness to all nations and to make disciples of all peoples.

Israel and the church in this case are therefore "Mutually Inclusive" where in this case one event cannot occur without the other. Jesus can not marry His bride unless she is Christian

Hi inchrist,

Remember God `married` Israel before there was a Body of Christ. mmmmm

And to your next post, remember that God`s throne in the third heaven was eternally established. No change of location, just delegation.

Marilyn. 

I think we do need to be a little careful here,  for all intent and purpose the Bride is Hebrew or an Israelite, however its clear her foundations are in the church 

Rev 21:14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

It is evident that the apostles formed the nucleus of primitive Christianity, What must be emphasized is that their apostolic commission authorized them to preach ( 1 Co 1:17 ); to be ambassadors for Christ ( 2 Col 5:20 ; Eph 6:20 ); to be witnesses to all nations ( Luke 24:48 ); and to make disciples of all peoples ( Matt 28:19 ).

So while the bride may be Israelite and represent ethnic israel it is without a doubt the church is her foundation and is for all intent and purpose part of the building structure of New Jerusalem. So while she represents Israel at the same time she herself is an apostle, commissioned to preach from, to be the city of Christ and God, to be a witness to all nations and to make disciples of all peoples.

Israel and the church in this case are therefore "Mutually Inclusive" where in this case one event cannot occur without the other. Jesus can not marry His bride unless she is Christian

I see your point.

Now I think we need to have a close look at those scriptures –

Sing, O barren, You who have not borne! Break forth into singing, & cry aloud, you who have not travailed with child! For more are the children of the desolate than the children of the married woman,” says the Lord. “Enlarge the place of your tent, & let them stretch out the curtains of your habitations; do not spare; lengthen your cords, & strengthen your stakes. For you shall expand to the right & to the left, & your descendants will inherit the nations, & make the desolate cities inhabited.`

(Isa. 54: 1 – 30)

I believe in the context here it is speaking of ` your descendants, (NKJ) your seed, (KJ) ` as meaning Israel`s children. `For more are the children … (v. 1) & All your children shall be taught by the Lord… (v. 13) Israel as we know will rule the nations in the millennium.

The scripture says in Isaiah 54:3 - and thy "seed" shall inherit the Gentiles it is Christ that was the heir of the Gentiles.

It does not say descendant(s) meaning many  but it means one seed which is Christ.

Galatians 3:16-18 - Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made.  He saith not, And to seed(s), as of many; but as of one And to thy seed, which is Christ......And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law,  which was four hundred and thirty years after,  cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.  For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise:  but God gave it to Abraham by promise.  (speaking of the oath of promise God made to Abraham before the law ever came into existence).

It was through Abraham's lineage that the Redeemer would be born into the world "And to thy seed,  which is Christ.  And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.  If any man be in Christ he is a new creature.  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither male nor female:   for ye are all "one" in Christ Jesus.  Anyone who is In Christ are Abraham's seed as through faith we believe God and become heirs of the blessings and promises that came through Jesus Christ.  Abraham believed God and it was counted unto him for righteousness.  Righteousness come through faith and not through the law.  Anyone who believes having faith in Christ are the "heirs" of the promise God made to Abraham through Christ as we are saved through faith by grace.  Abraham was justified by his faith in what God had promised him his righteousness did not come through keeping the law of Moses but by believing God.

Romans 4:13 - For the promise that he should be the heir of the world (speaking of Christ) was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, (covenant of the law of Moses by works)  but the righteousness of faith.(covenant of promise to Abraham by faith)  For if they which are of the law be heirs, faith is made void, and the promise made of none effect (Romans 4).

The scripture in Isaiah is speaking is speaking of what is brought out in the book of Galatians concering the two sons of Abraham as it was through Issac who was the son of promise that Christ would come and not through the lineage of the son in which was born by his handmaid Hagar which was Ismael.  Christ did not come through the lineage of the son of Hagar who was the son of the bondwoman(flesh).  But Christ the promised seed would come through the lineage of Isaac  the promised son being a type of Christ as his only  begotten Son which is the free woman(Spirit).

Galatians 4:22-31-  For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.  But he who was of the bondwoman was born of the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.  Which things are an allegory;  for these are two covenants the one from Mount Sinai which gendereth to bondage, which is Aagar.  For this Aagar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.  But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all  For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that barest not; break forth and cry thou that travailest ot for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband  Now we brethren as Isaac was are the children of promise.  But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.  Nevertheless what saith the scripture?  Cast out the bondwoman and her son for the bondwoman shall not be heirs with the son of the freewoman.  So then brethren we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free. (as Christ the promised seed the Son of God came down to earth as he was that bread from heaven and it is in Christ we are reconciled to God through faith who is the heir of the nations and in Christ we too have become joint heirs with Christ).

During the Millenial Reign all nations will be under the rule and government of Christ including the nation of Israel.  Christ will come back to earth with the saints in the OT, the saints who died in the Lord before Christ's return and those who will be caught up in air at Christ appearing, those who refuse to take the mark of the beast and do not worship the anti- christ during the seven year tribulation period and the 144,000 Jews at the end of the tribulation will join these that are mentioned..(including the apostles and prophets and the elders).   It is these who will rule and reign with Christ during the 1000 year Millenial Reign of Christ when he sets up His goverment on earth and will rule the nations of the earth.  As the heavenly Jerusalem will decend from heaven and Christ will sit on the throne and rule the earth from the Holy city of God along with the saints from every dispensation.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,275
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

The Body Purpose –

Marilyn.

I don't see how that is possible

Rev 21:22 I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

There is no longer a Third Heaven, New Jerusalem being the third heaven descends from the third Heaven to earth, where God Himself and Jesus will be ruling from.

Hi inchrist,

Do you really hear what you are saying bro. :hmmm:  `...descends from...& is no more.`

Marilyn.

Yeh figured that would of confused you a little, new Jerusalem should be seen as the third heaven, since God will not be residing in the third heaven his dwelling place located above the second heaven at this present moment, however God will be dwelling in New Jerusalem in the new age to come. Gods new dwelling place ( New Jerusalem) technically can be described as Gods "new third Heaven" as new Jerusalem is His new Home, as the third heaven located above the second heaven will no longer exist.

When you say God, do you mean Jesus, The Father, and/or the Spirit, or all three?