IGNORED

Would You Be Willing To Go To Jail For What You Believe?

RustyAngeL

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/06/1967

I will die for Christ. He died for me.

I will be jailed for him. I would endure torture for him. I will not deny him.

I will NEVER take the mark of the beast, no matter what.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

I will die for Christ. He died for me.

I will be jailed for him. I would endure torture for him. I will not deny him.

I will NEVER take the mark of the beast, no matter what.

Amen. :)

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

In my own life i have given up everything to follow Christ. So yes if i had to i would

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/06/1967

In my own life i have given up everything to follow Christ. So yes if i had to i would

There's no turning back.

God bless :)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Jesus instructed his followers to pick up their cross die to themselves and follow him. Anyone who is successfully doing that will no doubt face jail or death appropriately. Those whose desperately wicked hearts deceive them into believing they are gung ho for Jesus while they live selfishly for themselves will wonder why they denied him when confronted.

As for me, I minister to liars, thieves, cheats, cons, whores and prostitutes regularly. Some of them are catholic others protestant while very few are agnostic or atheist. A month ago I was brought to lead an elder of a Presbyterian chuch to Christ. Our day is much like Jesus' day. Those who run our churches are as the Pharisees and Saducees. Many deny Christ in their everyday lives while believing they would die for him if it came to that. Self-delusion is a terrible thing.

The last thing I have to say on the matter is that I believe there was a time where I would have died believing that I was dying for him but yet truth be told I would have only been dying for me. A selfish act that would have been disgraceful at best.

I think I would be willing to die for Christ, but I will not die for a religion or a doctrine. It is an easy thing to say I would die for Him, from the comfort of my living room chair. It is another thing to endure torture, or witness the torture of others, which would only be releived if you recant your faith. I do not know if I have what it takes to do that, but I would hope that my savior would grant me that grace, should the time come, to love, forgive, and pray for those who would be my persecutors. What we might fail to do in our human weakness, God is able to empower us to accomplish for His glory.

Jail? Jail seems like a relatively small sacrifice. I think that I would go to jail for a much less worthy cause than our God,even unsaved people find the strength to go to jail for causes they beleive in, and that without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Going to jail, or even death, are not the real challenges. The real challenge is not loss of freedom or loss of life, it is in using your freedom and your life to live for Him while it is easy.

Jail, suffering, and death, are not required of all believers, but living for Him, is a reasonable expectation for all believers. How are we doing so far?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Hey Omega,,,

LOL,,,,,we're doing GREAT ,so far,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I agree wholeheartedly & like you I have expressed a very similar response,honest & true,,,,,,,I do HOPE I have what it takes to persevere to the bitter end ,if it came to that,,,,,,,

but I would hope that my savior would grant me that grace, should the time come, to love, forgive, and pray for those who would be my persecutors. What we might fail to do in our human weakness, God is able to empower us to accomplish for His glory

Amen Brother!      Love what you have written                                                                                                      With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

but I would hope that my savior would grant me that grace

Yes, me too Omegaman.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  53
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

There's no turning back.

God bless :)

Very true.....and i have no desire to turn back. I prayed awhile back ago, that i wanted to go so far in Christ, that without His help i could not ever come back to where i was. To be so engrafted into the vine (Jn 15) that people could not tell where Jesus left off and i began. HE is my one true desire!

blessing to you as well :)

Edited by Cturtle

Guest Thallasa

I hope if the time comes ,I will be able to do the same ,as there is no life ,no happiness ,no beauty without Jesus, and to

deny Him would mean being separated from all this .