IGNORED

Will God send me to Hell for not believing in Jesus?

OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Amen!

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Oak I disagree.It sounds to me like Frank Turek is saying that we go to hell because we are sinners not because a person does not believe in Jesus Christ.I think we are all sinners.We sin everyday and we do not even realize that we do.We ask forgiveness of these sins daily and we are covered under the blood of Jesus Christ on the Cross. I believe that a person goes to hell because they do not believe in Jesus Christ John 3:16.

10 sins that often slip by as “OK” in our daily life:

1. Holding grudges
2. Justifying wrong attitudes
3. Putting your desires first (before God)
4. Feeling annoyed over the success of others
5. Getting hurt easily and reacting out of the hurt
6. Underpaying (taking advantage of others’ work)
7. Skimping on the work you are being paid to do
8. Criticizing and finding fault — secretly or outwardly
9. Focusing on the cares of the world — meaning putting your full attention and trust in the “things” of the world, like money, power, possessions, etc. When we put our full focus on them and allow them to define us, we lose focus of who we are in Christ. This doesn’t mean not caring about what happens in the world.
10. Gossiping or speaking unkindly of those not present

Sin” is any thought, word, or action that is contrary to the character or law of God. We all sin (Romans 3:23), and even what we consider good deeds are often tainted by selfish motives or pride (Isaiah 64:6). Left to ourselves, it is impossible to please God or to be completely free from sin (Romans 3:10;Ecclesiastes 7:10).

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/do-Christians-sin.html#ixzz3aj2eEK00

The will of the unsaved is to reject salvation through Jesus Christ and remain in sin; God will honor that decision, and its consequences, for eternity.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/eternity-hell-just.html#ixzz3aj5DM8IJ

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Oak I disagree.It sounds to me like Frank Turek is saying that we go to hell because we are sinners not because a person does not believe in Jesus Christ.I think we are all sinners.We sin everyday and we do not even realize that we do.We ask forgiveness of these sins daily and we are covered under the blood of Jesus Christ on the Cross. I believe that a person goes to hell because they do not believe in Jesus Christ John 3:16.

1. Holding grudges

9. Focusing on the cares of the world — meaning putting your full attention and trust in the “things” of the world, like money, power, possessions, etc. When we put our full focus on them and allow them to define us, we lose focus of who we are in Christ. This doesn’t mean not caring about what happens in the world.

Sin” is any thought, word, or action that is contrary to the character or law of God. We all sin (Romans 3:23), and even what we consider good deeds are often tainted by selfish motives or pride (Isaiah 64:6). Left to ourselves, it is impossible to please God or to be completely free from sin (Romans 3:10;Ecclesiastes 7:10).

It's the same thing though Bo - he's just saying it in a different way.

We go to Hell because we're sinners and not because we don't believe in Jesus. Not believing in Jesus doesn't send you to Hell, you're going to Hell anyway because you're a sinner. You deserve to go there because you're a sinner.

But believing in Jesus stops you going to Hell.

See what I mean?

1. Holding grudges

It's the same thing though Bo - he's just saying it in a different way.

We go to Hell because we're sinners and not because we don't believe in Jesus. Not believing in Jesus doesn't send you to Hell, you're going to Hell anyway because you're a sinner. You deserve to go there because you're a sinner.

But believing in Jesus stops you going to Hell.

See what I mean?

I do not believe that Oak.I believe that a person goes to hell only because they do not believe in Jesus Christ.We are all sinners.We all deserve hell but because we believe in Jesus Christ we repent of our sins and we are saved.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Why do people deserve to go to hell?

If hell is so bad and its about free will to choose god should you have the free will to choose not to be born because of the chance you could end up in hell? It sounds like not being born is a better option than hell yet there is no free will in that.

Guest shiloh357

I am a sinner.  But I am a regenerated, redeemed sinner.    I am sinner because I have sin nature that has not been eradicated and won't be eradicated until Jesus returns and I receive my glorified body. 

A person goes to hell because they are an unredeemed, unregenerated sinner.  That is how we are born, by default.   Accepting Jesus doesn't mean I am no longer a sinner.  It simply means I am not going to hell.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Why do people deserve to go to hell?

If hell is so bad and its about free will to choose god should you have the free will to choose not to be born because of the chance you could end up in hell? It sounds like not being born is a better option than hell yet there is no free will in that.

Life is a beautiful gift from God.  What we do with it is our choice.  The ability to have a choice is also a beautiful gift.  Keep in mind, through His Love, He allows us to make our own choices to either follow Him or not.  That choice determines if we spend eternity with God and all He has to offer or away from God and all He has to offer.  This is our choice.  To choose be with God, one also has to accept the means to accomplish this.  There is only one way to live eternally with Him, not two or many.

As His time draws nearer, more and more people no longer want to be held accountable for their actions.  They try their best to find a cop-out, an excuse for why they should not be held accountable for their actions.  They don't accept that there is one absolute truth in this life, that God is real and what He tells us will happen.  Instead, they make up their own rules (free will) and expects God to accept and bow to their choices.  It is so sad to see people like this, wanting what they think is the best in life, yet ignoring the only way to achieve this goal.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

How true we go to hell because we are sinners and the only way to avoid hell is to accept Jesus sacrifice...payment for our sin.unless we do we choose hell...God desires that NONE should perish ...the life boat is there the choice to get in is ours.