angels4u

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The truth is the most important thing to me.  Jesus is truth and He is my Lord and Savior.  Sometimes I get benefit from reading all the red letters in the Bible.  It comforts me to know what Jesus said.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

The truth is the most important thing to me.  Jesus is truth and He is my Lord and Savior.  Sometimes I get benefit from reading all the red letters in the Bible.  It comforts me to know what Jesus said.

Amen KIm , ,there is one one truth found and that is in Jesus :)

He is all we need....will always be with us and guide us in all truth..~~~

1. What a friend we have in Jesus,

All our sins and griefs to bear!

What a privilege to carry

Everything to God in prayer!

Oh, what peace we often forfeit,

Oh, what needless pain we bear,

All because we do not carry

Everything to God in prayer!

2. Have we trials and temptations?

Is there trouble anywhere?

We should never be discouraged—

Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Can we find a friend so faithful,

Who will all our sorrows share?

Jesus knows our every weakness;

3. Are we weak and heavy-laden,

Cumbered with a load of care?

Precious Savior, still our refuge—

Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?

Take it to the Lord in prayer!

In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,

Thou wilt find a solace there.

4. Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised

Thou wilt all our burdens bear;

May we ever, Lord, be bringing

All to Thee in earnest prayer.

Soon in glory bright, unclouded,

There will be no need for prayer—

Rapture, praise, and endless worship

Will be our sweet portion there.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/09/1970

Questions: How important is the gospel truth to you? it is very important as if we not saying truth then you are misleading other and that very bad I was in a chat before I came here and was a Christian room but the owner of the room was misleading others I called her on it and ask her to show me in bible where it say that after we die God will give everyone a 2nd chance to accepted Jesus I know that not biblical so to try to understand were they got that I ask to be shown bible verses that said that they ban me as I feel they believing something other then the bible so I am anger but sad too as so many go there and take what the leader say as truth ask no questions at all or aask were it be found in the bible one needs to always ask and be shown the truth in the bible that God's word the truth and we need to pray for them that do not stand on that truth I was mislead fooled by the Baha'i Faith even became a card member but it was being mislead I have repented for falling away and redecated my life to Jesus I feel so bad I fell into a belief like that but they used the bible and twisted it to mean what they wanted like a little truth mixed in with a lot of other stuff too so ya if one not praying and reading God word it easy to get mislead or fooled into things that not true and not of God love light and hope is in Jesus forever lily

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,115
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think when you have been here for ten years or so, you will have to really ponder on what gospel truth is.....

three people can discuss what a Bible verse means and sometimes come up with four views because sometime during the discussion someone will change their view.

One has to have a firm locked down knowledge of what truth is, and that's not going to happen between many people.....

Questions: How important is the gospel truth to you? it is very important as if we not saying truth then you are misleading other and that very bad I was in a chat before I came here and was a Christian room but the owner of the room was misleading others I called her on it and ask her to show me in bible where it say that after we die God will give everyone a 2nd chance to accepted Jesus I know that not biblical so to try to understand were they got that I ask to be shown bible verses that said that they ban me as I feel they believing something other then the bible so I am anger but sad too as so many go there and take what the leader say as truth ask no questions at all or aask were it be found in the bible one needs to always ask and be shown the truth in the bible that God's word the truth and we need to pray for them that do not stand on that truth I was mislead fooled by the Baha'i Faith even became a card member but it was being mislead I have repented for falling away and redecated my life to Jesus I feel so bad I fell into a belief like that but they used the bible and twisted it to mean what they wanted like a little truth mixed in with a lot of other stuff too so ya if one not praying and reading God word it easy to get mislead or fooled into things that not true and not of God love light and hope is in Jesus forever lily

Hi Lily, Thank you for your response,I agree we have to be careful we stay in the truth so that nobody will deceive us,we have to know the Word of God . We are living in last days and the enemy knows that too....and will try to deceive as many people as he can. Test everything by the Word of God.

John4:1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

It is very important to me, not to quickly express my point of view. Rather subject it to review.

Paul said, the gospel you first heard.

What was the gospel they first heard?

Is it the gospel Paul preach on his return from spenting long time with Jesus?

Paul says it is.

I would like to know, if you permit it, what gospel Paul heard when he was the enemy of Christ?

What gospel Paul preach at first and a litle later? And what gospel Paul preach after the revelation he received from Jesus ?

I may gues, if you permit. It is easy: all the time he said, that Jesus is the Christ, that he is the promise Savior and the one who bring us to God. The disagreements starter when the gospel was given to the Gentiles.

The understanding that Jesus Christ is for the Jews only, is not truth. It is a heresy, but is not a heresy that denies Jesus as the Christ, the followers still belong to Jesus.

The disciples, even Paul at the beginning and for years they preach the gospel to the Jews only.

We know the kornilious story, and the pentecost of the Gentiles, before they were baptize in water. To preach someone can not be baptize with the Holly Spirit unless he is water baptize first and make it an absolute requirement is not the truth. Do you like to see something else? Peter did not prayed for them, because he did not beleive that the GENTILES WERE ALSO HEIRS OF THE PROMISH ( may they prayed or desired to have forgiveness of sins also in Jesus, they must know the scriptures that the he is to be the Savior also for them.) is it that Jesus did it on his own to teach something to the proud Jews beleivers.

Later the other diciples at first told Peter: you have follow a false spirit and that the Gentiles received a false spirit.

Back to the tex.

Perhaps beleivers from Paul's old preaching to sircumsition or Peters ....said to Galatians what they beleive to be truth. (with sensirety in their harts, but no wright) that they are not saved unless they be sircumsised ) that's a heresy it judges faith in Christ- senserly confuse, but they still belong to Jesus .

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  12/18/1980

Hello and Godbless,

I just like to say I'm new to this site and forum. So to the first question.

"How important is the gospel truth to you?"

Very important. As it should be to ALL who believe and rely on the TRUE word of God and Lord Jesus Christ, in all things and in all ways. 

"Why will understanding the true gospel produce anger at the false gospels?"

I wouldn't say it would produce anger in me knowing the false gospel is a lie, (understanding the difference between the truth and the lie shouldnt produce this reaction in my opinon)

but it would definitely, after learning the true gospel, make me much more aware of the deception of the former (false gospel)

"What other gospels do you find that are easy for you to believe and why?"

None. There's only one gospel, God's.

"What are some modern false  gospel dangers our church could easily fall for?"

I don't know of any modern false gospel. I just read my bible and keep a discerning mind and heart towards anything else.

"Read vs 10: When you live to please only God and not people ,how does that change everything?"

Living for God IS everything. Its the only reason we LIVE at all really. Everything else is only temporary, God is everlasting. Amen

Edited by Toni

Amen..

Welcome to worthy Toni, :)

Philippians 1:18

But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

why in Acts 15 did Paul not have a fit when James cherry picked regulations from the Law and imposed them upon the Gentiles as conditions for salvation?

James never did that. You mis-understand.

Correct.  It was the Judaizers throughout the Roman Empire who were insisting that observing the Law of Moses was necessary for salvation (along with faith in Christ). 

What James and the other apostles did was to seek the mind of God in this matter.  Therefore God the Holy Spirit directed them to give Gentiles just four commandments (which mostly go back to the time of Noah) as noted in Acts 15:

1. Eat no meats offered to idols.

2. Eat no meats of strangulated animals.

3. Do not consume the blood of animals.

4. Do not practice fornication.

Since this thread is about the importance of Truth, this truth must be recognized by Christians today.  To label this as "cherry-picking" is to ignore the fact the God gave these commands through the apostles.

May I join this discussion?     This thread caught my eye because truth matters a great deal to me.   This post caught my eye because it portrays a very common misconception I think many believers have about apostolic teachings and commands.   If these are indeed commands given to all believers everywhere for all time, then we would have scripture contradicting scripture, for Paul tells us that believers were free to eat any meat sold in the market place, and not to ask questions when purchasing meat.   At that time most meats sold in the market were offered to idols, they may have been strangulated, and not bled out properly.    Paul did not tell believers to avoid these foods.  He told them that in the liberty they had in Christ, all things were lawful, including eating meats that James lays an injunction against in the council of Jerusalem.     If James intended for that injunction to be permanent for all time, then Paul's words, which are divine, inspired scripture, are false.     But if James' injunction was for a specific time and place and circumstance, and was intended not to extend beyond this period of time, then his words exist in harmony with Paul's. For Paul also warned that we were not to use our liberty in Christ to cause offense to our brethren, and if our brethren would be offended by such actions, then we are not to engage in such behavior- otherwise we become a stumbling block and a hindrance, and may embolden our brethren to an action they believe to be sinful, and thus, acting contrary to their conscience, commit sin.

These injunctions given at the Council of Jerusalem, were for a limited time and purpose - to be obedient to God by not using their liberty to create stumbling blocks among the Jews, both Jewish believers and non-believers, and thus be a potential source or cause of spiritual harm to others.   When the need for this caution was passed, the injunction ended as well, which is why we are not beholden to it today.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Jeff,

Are you suggesting Christ died for "some" sin, but not all? Is today's graph of sin bigger than God's grace?