IGNORED

Faith and Firearms: Should Christians Own Guns?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  14

Though a trite saying..guns don' t kill, people kill..it matters not who has possession of the weapon, be it knife, sword or stone...or any other handy item like ax etc. it is what is in the heart of the one intent on killing. If someone were intent on harming any one of us, would we willingly submit or would we fight for our lives? It is human nature for self preservation be it slander or physical weapon...would any one of us stand and say OK..I'm ready do as you will? It is nonsense to say that you would if the situation were to in fact happen. We all have the fight or flight response and personally if someone is stronger, faster...it's a no- brainer as to what what I would want to have at my disposal...someone with a gun/weapon who could defend me or defend myself....particularly since the one coming at me has evil intent in his/her heart. There is no reasoning with someone in that mindset.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

Though a trite saying..guns don' t kill, people kill..it matters not who has possession of the weapon, be it knife, sword or stone...or any other handy item like ax etc. it is what is in the heart of the one intent on killing. If someone were intent on harming any one of us, would we willingly submit or would we fight for our lives? It is human nature for self preservation be it slander or physical weapon...would any one of us stand and say OK..I'm ready do as you will?...

I recall when even Paul reminded his captors that they weren't allowed to scourge an "uncondemned" Roman citizen during an interrogation (Acts 22:25).

Guest shiloh357

I don't think people realize just how ingrained anti-Semitism is in Europe.   Thankfully not all Europeans are that way, but there is a very strong undercurrent of hatred for Jews in every European country.   Some is more overt, some less, but it is there.    10 years ago or so, a poll was taken and most Europeans viewed Israel as the greatest threat to world peace.  The US was running a close second.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

I don't think people realize just how ingrained anti-Semitism is in Europe.   Thankfully not all Europeans are that way, but there is a very strong undercurrent of hatred for Jews in every European country.   Some is more overt, some less, but it is there.    10 years ago or so, a poll was taken and most Europeans viewed Israel as the greatest threat to world peace.  The US was running a close second.

The power of propaganda. It can sway nations.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  143
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,288
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

My mother was born and came from East Prussia , whose capital was Koenigsburg.

At the time of Hitler the Russians also came in to invade East Prussia. The Russian army were also very ruthless in what they did.

The Russian stormed into peoples homes and took peoples houses, their belonging and some their lives.

My mothers  family house was took over and they were forced to go where they were told to go.

There was no possibility of negotiation.My grandfather was placed in two Russian concentration camps, not as a helper but as a prisoner.

He was placed to starve to death. The men were place in a hut where they had to lie like board on a board over another boards  were another man was lying.They were staked like sardines to lay like that in the dark. The urine and the feces would drip down from top to the bottom and some men did not make it and died. My grandfather happened to survive.

It is so upsetting for me even to write about this and read the ignorant comments some of your are shooting out at the lip.

some of you are making grave assessments, not really knowing what you are talking about.

I know who my family on my mother side where and what they experienced.They were christian and remain Christians.

They are my link of christian family that I can openly share my faith with and they theirs with me.

The very sad part is that even though my father passed away as a christian , the remaining side of my fathers family namely his sister and her children ,  and my brother,

have become atheist. so I cannot reach them or communicate and share in the joy of my christian faith with them, but I can with my uncle in Sweden who has remained a christian.

I am out of this discussion, its futile and very upsetting to me.

Guest shiloh357

Many, if not all of the Nazi guards that worked in the camps were baptized members in good standing in their local churches.    They had been brainwashed that Jews were not human, but were descended from apes.    So they had no moral compunction about what they were doing.   They were guarding prisoners who were animals best, in their minds.

Not only that but there was an entire theology that undergird the "final solution."   The Jews were cursed of God and deserved to be destroyed.  There German theologians who were extremely anti-Semitic.   Rudolph Kittel, Gerhard Kittel, Franz Delitsch, just to name a few.     Gerhard Kittel was responsible along with some others, for giving Hitler his theological basis for the final solution.   Kittel disagreed with the method, but approved of the goal.

The German Christians knew what was going on, but were either brainwashed into thinking there was nothing wrong with it, or were too afraid to speak out.   Only about 10,000-11,000 Christians in Germany were willing to help the Jews vs. the tens of millions of Germans who either approved or were morally indifferent.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,384
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

1 to 3... Politics always confuses and complicates all things on a personal level... I'm sorry your family experienced what they had to endure as a consequence of simply living where they lived.

Terrorism is impossible to understand unless you've lived under its rule. No one can say with certainty what they would or would not do if they or their most cherished loved ones are threatened under terrorism.

I'm afraid nothing changed the need to stop hiTLer. hE was stopped...at great expense... to everyone involved.

I'm sorry.

Actually he was not stopped......   I know people have seen him in South America long after the war was over.....  I have been asked to help people who were part of Satanic Ritual Abuse as children who describe Joseph Mengele as being in their homes 30 years ago.  and I might add that though we did defeat the German Army, we did not defeat Nazism......   we actually brought it over to our country through programs like "Paper-clip" and let it infuse itself into our very society.

Constance Cumby has written much about the New Age Religion/Movement (whichever you want to call it) and it stems from the same occult background that Nazism came from......    it's here today just as it was in Germany in the 1920's, but worse it controls the UN workings on a global scale.

The people who funded the Nazi party and Hitler into power never intended for him to win, but to create war so the people who back governments with the loans to buy war materials make huge fortunes.....       Go tear up Europe and Japan then we'll get the people of the USA to spend their tax money to buy the things to rebuild it.

All wars are fought over power and money.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,736
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

So your saying 1to3 that just because we can't stop something we shouldn't even try? If they didn't try in ww2 there would have been far more bloodshed.

Hitler committed suicide. He was not seen in Africa or anywhere else. And the war was started by the Nazis not a bunch of money mongeres. This thread is not for unfounded conspiracy theories, those rightfully belong in the conspiracy forum.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,384
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Many, if not all of the Nazi guards that worked in the camps were baptized members in good standing in their local churches.    They had been brainwashed that Jews were not human, but were descended from apes.    So they had no moral compunction about what they were doing.   They were guarding prisoners who were animals best, in their minds.

Not only that but there was an entire theology that undergird the "final solution."   The Jews were cursed of God and deserved to be destroyed.  There German theologians who were extremely anti-Semitic.   Rudolph Kittel, Gerhard Kittel, Franz Delitsch, just to name a few.     Gerhard Kittel was responsible along with some others, for giving Hitler his theological basis for the final solution.   Kittel disagreed with the method, but approved of the goal.

The German Christians knew what was going on, but were either brainwashed into thinking there was nothing wrong with it, or were too afraid to speak out.   Only about 10,000-11,000 Christians in Germany were willing to help the Jews vs. the tens of millions of Germans who either approved or were morally indifferent.

Shiloh, that is what basic training is for  including the USA.....      During the Viet Nam War people were conditioned to think of the North Vietnamese as animals not fit to breath our air.   Quite frankly I think it is necessary to do so or people could not do what has to be done in war.   It appears that our solders coming home today are having a real problem dealing with what they have had to do and see.....   20 or so suicides a day is just awful.

War in almost all cases is unnecessary if everyone doesn't want it.....    but it's forced on most of us by evil people who want power and money, including Islam today.   They are looking to be top dog for the world.    At least the leaders of Islam are.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

...The people who funded the Nazi party and Hitler into power never intended for him to win, but to create war so the people who back governments with the loans to buy war materials make huge fortunes.....       Go tear up Europe and Japan then we'll get the people of the USA to spend their tax money to buy the things to rebuild it.

All wars are fought over power and money.

But Hitler's war in the East was a "war of annihilation" where armed conflict was also a screen for the SS and other units to eliminate peoples deemed "undesirable" or racially inferior by the race-obsessed Third Reich.