But isn't everything "a thing of this world"? :confused:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I find the content of your thread which is the real shame as putting others in a place to be judgemental of such a said person with long hair and tattoos.  It is God who saves and it is God who calls and it should be left at that when it comes to making judgements on people in whom we have never met personally before.  It is a shame to put us in such a position in my personal opinion on the matter to make such a judgement.  If that makes me legalistic to take such a view towards people I do not even know then so be it.   I do know if I wanted to be pleasing to the Lord in my calling I certainly wouldn't want to be a shame in any way shape or form (referring to long hair as the issue is addressed in the New Testament as being a shame).  I would want above all else to be accepted by others around me so that I could win some to the gospel instead of being a hinderance in any compacity in the things I allow that others "may" reject.  The gospel message is not a personal matter but the gospel message to the lost is to repent for the kingdom of God is at hand,  and be ye reconciled to God if any man be in Christ he is made a new creature old things are passed away and behold all things are made new.   These topics should not be made into a joke.

I did not mean to put anyone to shame. I thought it would make an interesting topic for an intelligent conversation. I simply like to see how other people think about things and why? But if you think I am causing judgment upon people then maybe I should stop posting all together. Since that has never been my intent.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I have heard that alot of rules for the Israelite were simply to set them apart from the rest of the nations.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

That's something you'll have to decide all by your own self LadyKay.  No one can answer that for you because it is ultimately you who has to decide your own fate in God.  My advice is for you to decide well.

I find the content of your thread which is the real shame as putting others in a place to be judgemental of such a said person with long hair and tattoos.  It is God who saves and it is God who calls and it should be left at that when it comes to making judgements on people in whom we have never met personally before.  It is a shame to put us in such a position in my personal opinion on the matter to make such a judgement.  If that makes me legalistic to take such a view towards people I do not even know then so be it.   I do know if I wanted to be pleasing to the Lord in my calling I certainly wouldn't want to be a shame in any way shape or form (referring to long hair as the issue is addressed in the New Testament as being a shame).  I would want above all else to be accepted by others around me so that I could win some to the gospel instead of being a hinderance in any compacity in the things I allow that others "may" reject.  The gospel message is not a personal matter but the gospel message to the lost is to repent for the kingdom of God is at hand,  and be ye reconciled to God if any man be in Christ he is made a new creature old things are passed away and behold all things are made new.   These topics should not be made into a joke.

I did not mean to put anyone to shame. I thought it would make an interesting topic for an intelligent conversation. I simply like to see how other people think about things and why? But if you think I am causing judgment upon people then maybe I should stop posting all together. Since that has never been my intent.

Only you know your heart

I have heard that alot of rules for the Israelite were simply to set them apart from the rest of the nations.

The laws of Moses did show that the children of Israel were different from all the other nations of the world as they were a peculiar people having God nigh to them fighting their battles etc,. but not one single law that was written with the finger of God in those tablets of stone could bring righteousness and purge away sin once and for all. This is written in the book of Hebrews. The laws or commandments of God set them apart outwardly but inwardly they were still guilty of sin the blood of the bulls and goats couldn't purget their conscious and take away their sins.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

That's something you'll have to decide all by your own self LadyKay.  No one can answer that for you because it is ultimately you who has to decide your own fate in God.  My advice is for you to decide well.

All I did was make a post. Did not mean for it to become so serious.

All I did was make a post. Did not mean for it to become so serious.

All's I've been doing is adding my input that was asked for in the OP.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

the bible says that it is a shame for man to have long hair, but where does it define the length of hair for it to be long, In my younger days my hair hung on my shoulder some, But I went to visit my Great grandmother one day she had always kept her hair up in a ball, they were fixes her hair this day. her hair was down below her knees, now that is Long hair, made my shoulder length hair look really short. so please from scripture someone define long hair. not what you been told or what you believe but from scriptures define long hair????

one of the greatest testimonies I have ever heard , is from a young man with hair down to his waist, He got behind the pulpit and said "I thank my God, that he is a God that can love someone lwith long hair like me" and He sat down.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I don't agree.  The OP simply asked for opinions; there was no request for judgment and no one HAS to respond.  We should be truthful with ourselves because we ALL have opinions and some would not accept a long haired, tattooed pastor.  That's just reality.