• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

What about a homeless pastor? There's a very good chance that someone is ministering out of a cardboard box in some alley. A homeless pastor may not find a chisled lid to be paramount in the great commission. Does that disqualify him as a credible voice of God?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,163
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The inward man all smiles within me... and whispers to me 'they are looking in the wrong place'

John 7:24

24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

KJV Love, Steven

I have never encountered a "homeless Pastor."  Who is this man Pastor over?  Why is he homeless?  That would indicate to me that the church isn't fulfilling it's duty in reference to the fact that the laborer is worthy of his hire.  I think it is an absurd example, but it wouldn't change my opinion.  If a Pastor of a church has long hair and tattoos all over him, I would not attend his church, be it in a cardboard box or a cathedral.  His long hair would most certainly disqualify him as a credible witness to me.  The tattoos could have been gotten before he got saved, so I would reserve judgment there. 

I judge according to scripture Enoob, and I know what it says in 1 Corinthians about a man with long hair.  It is a shame unto him.

Okay what do you do with Sampson? Was God asking of him to be shameful? The whole of Scripture must be consumed

upon the contextual gravity of each place then the whole of God's Word will become clearer! Love, Steven

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

What about a homeless pastor? There's a very good chance that someone is ministering out of a cardboard box in some alley. A homeless pastor may not find a chisled lid to be paramount in the great commission. Does that disqualify him as a credible voice of God?

In many circles and groups as well as individual people the fact is "yes" it would disquailify him as a "credible" voice of God. You may not agree with that but it is a truth. As not everyone will accept any old thing that comes down the pike. Bottom line is the scripture says what it says and it is a shame for a man to hid his maleness and it is a shame for a woman to hide her womanhood. God's image should be seen in our lives both outwardly and inwardly as we are taught to be conformed to HIS image this would apply even to your homeless pastor scenario..

The inward man all smiles within me... and whispers to me 'they are looking in the wrong place'

24 Judge not according to the "appearance", but judge righteous judgment.

KJV Love, Steven

You are making in your application of this scripture to this particular thread out to mean that the scripture in which you quoted above is only referring to a way a person dresses and looks on the outside. By doing so you thus "twist" the true meaning of the scripture you quoted to fit your personal belief. I think this is wrong.

The scripture above that you used obviously in it's proper context is talking of "appearances of any kind". And "NOT" singular as being only in clothing or how a person looks outwardly in appearance which is the context you placed the scripture in.

But things of any kind may look and appear one way on the surface but in truth it may be an entirely a whole different thing that happened than what we thought we saw in appearance so we shouldn't judge in that kind of manner. Sometimes we don't have all the facts about something we see in appearance so we should reserve our judgmentuntil we do get all the facts so we can then properly assess and judge justly instead of on assumptions and false preceptions of what we thing is true on the surface.

For example I may see a person I know in the grocery store from a distance from another aisle I'm on. But then I notice a gun and it looks like she is the one holding it up and it looks like from where I am standing she is robbing at gunpoint the cashier at the checkout register. But what I didn't she was it was really the person behind of her in the line in which was holding the gun and robbing the the chechout counter cashier but I automatically assumed it was the person I knew. The appearance was the person I knew was the one doing the robbing at gun point but from where I was standing and certain grocery items set out in the store was front of the person behind of the person I knew and blocked from me what was really going on. The true facts from what I thought I was seeing from where I was standing were false. But we shouldn't jump quickly to make judgments of any kind because we may not have nor be able to see and have all the true facts when we see things going on in appearances.

I believe you have wrongly misused and misappropriated this scripture in a wrong manner concerning receiving a long hair and tattooed pastor spoken of within this thread

I have never encountered a "homeless Pastor."  Who is this man Pastor over?  Why is he homeless?  That would indicate to me that the church isn't fulfilling it's duty in reference to the fact that the laborer is worthy of his hire.  I think it is an absurd example, but it wouldn't change my opinion.  If a Pastor of a church has long hair and tattoos all over him, I would not attend his church, be it in a cardboard box or a cathedral.  His long hair would most certainly disqualify him as a credible witness to me.  The tattoos could have been gotten before he got saved, so I would reserve judgment there. 

I judge according to scripture Enoob, and I know what it says in 1 Corinthians about a man with long hair.  It is a shame unto him.

Okay what do you do with Sampson? Was God asking of him to be shameful? The whole of Scripture must be consumed

upon the contextual gravity of each place then the whole of God's Word will become clearer! Love, Steven

I know your response is to Butero but I can't help but to ask of you "what do you do with Sampson or even yourself if you were captured by your enemies and tied up having your eyes plucked out and then have your own head shaved while being bound by your enemies. I think taking your own advice about consuming scripture so the Word of God would become clearer would be of great benefit to you. Sampson will not help you progress from what is written in the 1 Corinthian passage of being a shame.

Your ignorance of Sampson and the Nazerite vow he was under in OT law shows forth.

24 Judge not according to the "appearance", but judge righteous judgment.

KJV Love, Steven

You are making in your application of this scripture to this particular thread out to mean that the scripture in which you quoted above is only referring to a way a person dressesand looks on the outside. By doing so you thus "twist" the true meaning of the scripture you quoted to fit your personal belief. I think this is wrong.

My friend the discipline of not adding to or take away from written material is a difficult one to say the least... As I have underscored

your above statement please show me where I have said this_?_

The scripture above that you used obviously in it's proper context is talking of "appearances of any kind". And "NOT" singular as being only in clothing or how a person looks outwardly in appearance which is the context you placed the scripture in.

Here you validate the very instance of my post... certainly long hair and tattoos would be one of this any kind! I have justification in

Scripture to use this Scripture as I have ->

1 Sam 16:7

7 But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on

the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord

seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance,

but the Lord looketh on the heart.

KJV

But things of any kind may look and appear one way on the surface but in truth it may be an entirely a whole different thing that happened than what we thought we saw in appearance so we shouldn't judge in that kind of manner. Sometimes we don't have all the facts about something we see in appearance so we should reserve our judgmentuntil we do get all the facts so we can then properly assess and judge justly instead of on assumptions and false preceptions of what we thing is true on the surface.

a continued validation of my post...

For example I may see a person I know in the grocery store from a distance from another aisle I'm on. But then I notice a gun and it looks like she is the one holding it up and it looks like from where I am standing she is robbing at gunpoint the cashier at the checkout register. But what I didn't she was it was really the person behind of her in the line in which was holding the gun and robbing the the chechout counter cashier but I automatically assumed it was the person I knew. The appearance was the person I knew was the one doing the robbing at gun point but from where I was standing and certain grocery items set out in the store was front of the person behind of the person I knew and blocked from me what was really going on. The true facts from what I thought I was seeing from where I was standing were false. But we shouldn't jump quickly to make judgments of any kind because we may not have nor be able to see and have all the true facts when we see things going on in appearances.

I believe you have wrongly misused and misappropriated this scripture in a wrong manner concerning receiving a long hair and tattooed pastor spoken of within this thread

So after validation of my post you use a different kind of outward appearance to support

what you are calling a misuse of the verse... here I am at a total loss to see the logic of your

argument! You have admitted that there are kinds of outward appearance both of form and activity

which can be misused to wrong conclusions and clearly in John when Jesus is being quoted as His

Own Words we may rest assured all forms and aspects of the outward are being referred to... as

grammatically supported in the context.

Love, Steven

I know your response is to Butero but I can't help but to ask of you "what do you do with Sampson or even yourself if you were captured by your enemies and tied up having your eyes plucked out and then have your own head shaved while being bound by your enemies. I think taking your own advice about consuming scripture so the Word of God would become clearer would be of great benefit to you. Sampson will not help you progress from what is written in the 1 Corinthian passage of being a shame.

Your ignorance of Sampson and the Nazerite vow he was under in OT law shows forth.

You have not afforded the courtesy of dialog here! You ignored the question

and have destroyed the dialog... Scripture is the guidance of Scripture and

although the vow is a subject of another kind I spoke distinctly of God's

requirement of Sampson before he was ever born! So again I put forth the

question did God intend a judge of Israel to be of shame his whole life by

the very commandment of God? Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I can give you other such examples.  Under the Old Testament, it wasn't considered a sin to simply look on a woman to lust after her.  You had to actually commit adultery to be considered guilty in the sight of God.  In the New Testament, it is wrong to lust.

You have no counter explanation for what they mean.  You are just saying you are just in ignoring them because Samson was under a Nazarite vow and had long hair.  There were many other requirements for the Nazarite too, like not being able to have any strong drink. 

Exodus 20:17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

Also wondering on why the complete contradiction of long hair.  It seems there must be some meaning behind this.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

For some reason I am wondering how many would discredit the old testament prophets if we were alive back then and actually met them.  Who could be judge and say God does not use homeless people to His Glory?