• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

MorningGlory...I agree with you completely.

Guest shiloh357

Raising the dead was the sign of an apostle.  It was not a regular occurrence even among the apostles.  They were not raising people from the dead every day and certainly not at the rates these "faith healers"  are claiming.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another:

just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. John 13:34 (ESV)

~

MorningGlory, there are instances of people being raised from the dead by Apostles and Prophets:

One example is in Acts 20 where a young man fell asleep during Paul's teaching and fell to his death. Paul raised him back to life.

Elijah raised woman's son back from the dead in I Kings 17

Elisha healed a boy in II Kings 4

Peter raised Tabitha in Acts 9

I should have searched harder.... 

Actually I did know about Elisha and the boy but I forgot it....  

The other two I don't remember....

Okay, I stand corrected about resurrections in Scripture.... 

I still don't believe that random people are resurrecting the dead now though.... 

Or that someone can just say they're an apostle or a prophet and it will be so.... 

~

Nothing Random About It, For One Only Has To Believe

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12 (ESV)

To Walk In The Joy Of The Holy Spirit

the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked. 1 John 2:6 (ESV)

To Share God's Power

because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. You know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake. 1 Thessalonians 1:5 (ESV)

And Love

and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. Ephesians 5:2 (ESV)

~

It Is The Normal Thing

Along With The Horrid Accusations Toward Believers

Like Heidi Baker And Her Husband Rolland

And The Humble Rejoicing Folk

Of Mozambique

Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 2 Timothy 3:12 (ESV)

Guest shiloh357

Sorry Joe, but falsely claiming resurrections that never happened and promoting false teachings like contemplative prayer  is hardly godly living.   They are not being persecuted.  They need to be corrected.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Im with shiloh, if it was true there should be documented cases. . .just saying. Problem with the WOF is that they "trick" people into thinking that faith heals all, and if you don't get healed, or your house gets flooded out by a hurricane, then you must not have enough faith. When the whole concept is bogus, look at Job, he had awesome faith, yet all those bad things happened to him. The apostle Paul had a thorn in his side, and God wouldnt take it away, even though Paul was a loyal servant. 

The entire WOF doctrine is a false teaching, and a lot of these WOF teachers, not only push this false teaching, but they set up fake healings with the express intent to fool people.

Matthew 7:15

15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

At the risk of opening a huge can of worms here...if gifts like healing were intended for believers today, why do those gifts only seem to appear in particular churches? There are a few possible answers I suppose:

- One needs to "believe" hard enough to receive those gifts...(even though the same gifts just came upon those at Pentecost. No one had to ask for them or practice them)

- No one except Pentecostals and Charismatics are truly saved...(absurd)

- Some Christians just have superior faith and are selected by God to perform miracles...(I don't think anyone would actually try to go with this one..at least I hope not.)

I'm sure these aren't all the possibilities...just something to think about.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,207
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I`ve come in late on this discussion, however I see it all leading up to -

`He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.` (Rev. 13: 13)

13: 13 Mmmmmmm  Anyway  it`s just a lead up to the main event, I believe.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Yeah, right.   Funny how they can't seem actually use that "power"  to stop the flooding in Texas, and again, these believers never seem to be able muster up the courage to rebuke major televised disasters.   It's always some obscure event.    They didn't stop any major hurricane in the last 25 years, they can't seem to do anything about all of the droughts and adverse conditions that causing people in other parts of the world to starve and die of malnutrition.  

Cant seem to use this so-called "power" when it really matters.  Some guy speaks to a tornado and coincidentally the tornado goes up.  Tornadoes are erratic and unpredictable.  I have lived through more than one and I have seem them suddenly dissipate.   They can be blowing down a house one minute and the next minute they are gone.

Tell you what, Justin, you hop on a plane, go over and make a video using your power over nature in a meaningful way in Ethiopia and end the weather that is constantly perpetuating drought and famine conditions over there, and let's see what happens.  Or better yet, since Heidi Baker is in Africa, have her use her power over nature to help those people over there.

If a tornado is headed for my neighborhood or house, and I pray, asking God to spare my home, and the tornado lifts, I am definitely going to credit God for lifting the tornado and sparing my house.

It would be arrogant for me to say, well, the tornado lifted because that is what tornadoes do sometimes and ignore that I asked God to help. God does listen and answer prayer. God is able to lift a tornado, and spare my home. Not only that, but I would tell others what God did for me. 

Guest shiloh357

And what of all of the people who have prayed the same thing and it doesn't happen and their house and neighborhoods are not spared??

This is not about whether God performs miracles.   This is about people who teach that having authority and power over storms should be a normal part of the Christian experience which is why I raise the question about why these people aren't using this authority to make the world better and to prevent coming disasters, and end weather conditions and droughts.

It is also about people who claim that God is raising people from the dead all over the place, but can't provide a smidgeon of actual proof of such claims.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

And what of all of the people who have prayed the same thing and it doesn't happen and their house and neighborhoods are not spared??

This is about whether God performs miracles.   This is about people who teach that having authority and power over storms should be a normal part of the Christian experience which is why I raise the question about why these people aren't using this authority to make the world better and to prevent coming disasters, and end weather conditions and droughts.

It is also about people who claim that God is raising people from the dead all over the place, but can't provide a smidgeon of actual proof of such claims.

I responded because you were arguing against people who prayed, and in response, the tornado went back up. That is possible. It is not impossible for God to answer a prayer and to protect by causing the Tornado to cease.

If you disagree with a teaching, that is fine. I might or might not disagree with you. But, the tornado story of what God did is not fair game. The person prayed. The tornado immediately ceased. The person who prayed to God, credited God, just as they should have. 

From what I have read in scripture, as we approach the end times, there will be increased earth quakes. Since I believe scripture is a revelation from God, God said there would be increases in this kind of thing. So, to demand that any Christian to go and pray against all disastors and end suffering, is actually contrary to what scripture says will happen. Can a person pray for protection in a disastor? Of course. Can God answer that prayer? Of Course. If a person prays for all disastors to cease, God will not answer that at this time as it is against prophesy. However, God will answer that prayer in the future. At least the New Heaven and New Earth will no longer have those disastors.