IGNORED

Metel disappears, aids healed, contorted legs made straight. YAY Jesus

Joshua-777

Guest shiloh357

No, I was arguing over the reason the OP posted the video.  I made the point in another thread about charismatics claiming that they had power over nature and could rebuke storms and all of that.   This OP was posted to refute my criticism of those claims.

Again, I have no problem with people praying and God responding miraculously to their prayers and I have made that point repeatedly.   What I am arguing against is the notion that we, as believers have power and authority over nature to rebuke storms and that this should be part of the normal Christian experience.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Nothing Random About It, For One Only Has To Believe

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12 (ESV)

To Walk In The Joy Of The Holy Spirit

the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked. 1 John 2:6 (ESV)

To Share God's Power

because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. You know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake. 1 Thessalonians 1:5 (ESV)

And Love

and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma. Ephesians 5:2 (ESV)

~

It Is The Normal Thing

Alone With The Horrid Accusations Toward Believers

Like Heidi Baker And Her Husband Rolland

And The Humble Rejoicing Folk

Of Mozambique

Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 2 Timothy 3:12 (ESV)

Joe, for once I have to disagree with you.  I believe that Jesus did say the underlined above but He was speaking to His disciples before He ascended.  I think your other verses were also speaking to the Disciples but I've not read up enough to say 100%.  I don't believe these modern day self-appointed Apostles and Prophets are the real thing, even if they believe that they are. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Joe, for once I have to disagree with you.  I believe that Jesus did say the underlined above but He was speaking to His disciples before He ascended.  I think your other verses were also speaking to the Disciples but I've not read up enough to say 100%.  I don't believe these modern day self-appointed Apostles and Prophets are the real thing, even if they believe that they are. 

:thumbsup:

It's OK

"whoever believes in me" John 14:12 (ESV)

Beloved

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

It's OK

Beloved

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked. 1 John 2:6 (KJV)

I'm not sure those verses address the WOF thing, Joe.  We all should walk in Him but that doesn't mean we will be able to do the things He did; He is God, we are not.  Scripture doesn't tell us we can perform the miracles Jesus did; we have to pray for Him to do them.   And, sometimes, He just does them on His own.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

I watched somebody's leg grow about a half an inch or an inch. It literally moved before my eyes.

I kind of understand where *Shiloh357* is coming from. It is like being pressured to think you have to be like that. IMO people only do these healings or miracles only when the Holy Spirit prompts them, not at there own whim. I went thru that once.

I watched somebody's leg grow about a half an inch or an inch. It literally moved before my eyes.

I won't argue that you didn't see that happen, Pamela.  I have learned that things happen that simply can't be explained by mortals.  Did you see that at church? 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

It's OK

Beloved

I'm not sure those verses address the WOF thing, Joe.  We all should walk in Him but that doesn't mean we will be able to do the things He did; He is God, we are not.  Scripture doesn't tell us we can perform the miracles Jesus did; we have to pray for Him to do them.   And, sometimes, He just does them on His own.

~

Beloved As I Understand It, WoF Addresses Greed In Christ's Name

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts. James 4:3

Whereas

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Matthew 5:44-45

Faith

Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way. 1 Corinthians 12:30-31

Directly Addresses The Living God Of Miracles

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. John 14:12

~

PS: Some Dear Folk Are Tempted To Disregard The Words Of Christ

Crossing Out Without Fear (?) "He That Believeth On Me"

And Writing In Man's "Only The Twelve Apostles"

However Sister, His Word Stands Forever

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Can You Believe It

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:12

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

I won't argue that you didn't see that happen, Pamela. I have learned that things happen that simply can't be explained by mortals. Did you see that at church?

A Legitimate healing ministry. My answers are really short and to the point when I type on my phone. :) Edited by Pamelasv

I have seen cancer healed, aids healed, the girl I laid hands on had her stomach put back together as someone had sown it together (I did see those medical reports) My friend raised his friend back to life, verified by many there who had been dead all night long, pronounced dead by the paramedics and put in a bag

Is there a news report of the friend who was raised from the dead? I mean, good grief, that should have been front page news.  Btw, paramedics can't pronounce one dead.  Only an M.D. or M.E.