• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I understand what you're saying Hall, but what I don't understand is Jesus can heal just by speaking to be, why did he need the mud?

Oldzimm

Thats what questions me also. Maybe to give us an example of what we are able to do through faith and Earth molecules?

Could be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

I understand what you're saying Hall, but what I don't understand is Jesus can heal just by speaking to be, why did he need the mud?

Oldzimm

Thats what questions me also. Maybe to give us an example of what we are able to do through faith and Earth molecules?

Could be.

Agreed.

Also in earth as in everything else, the equation of Pi is present.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

So I think Jesus used dirt to heal the blind man's eyes because it contains everything a human body is made of. It restored his eyes through the earth's molecules that were used to create the eyes of a human being. That mixed with some of Jesus' own DNA through saliva.

Sometimes we can go too far into trying to interpret something in Scripture.  Soil is essentially inorganic, whereas the human body is organic (complex molecules out of the basic elements of carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen, sulfur, etc.).  So soil cannot represent DNA (an organic molecule).  And Jesus' DNA has nothing whatsoever to do with this miracle. 

The Lord generally touched people in order to heal, or spoke the word of healing to them. In the case of the woman who touched Him, He did absolutely nothing.  But in the case of the blind man, there was spiritual significance in every command and gesture.  Why was mud applied?  Why was he told to go to the pool of Siloam (meaning "sent") and wash? Why was this done on the sabbath day? How was this blind man so astute about theological and spiritual matters? Why did the Lord chose to reveal Himself personally to this man as the Son of God?  Why did this happen after there was an attempt to stone Christ for declaring Himself to be God?  Why did Christ declare after this healing that He had come to bring judgment on those who were wilfully blind? These are all spiritual matters.

Wilful blindness is a very serious matter -- in God's eyes it is a sin (Jn 9:39-41).  And those who are wilfully blind are ultimately blinded by God so that they cannot perceive the truth and be saved.  Hence Israel, which rejected its Messiah is now spiritually blind "in part", since many Jews are indeed being saved. But Christians who receive light must never resist the light (as many do on forums).  Many choose to argue themselves into blindness, rather than acknowledge that they are off track and need to repent.  This was the stance of the Pharisees.  They could call themselves the disciples of Moses, but were wilfully blind to the greater excellency of their Messiah.  They contemptuously called Him "this fellow" (the actual word was more insulting than what is shown in the KJB), and the Talmud is extremely contemptuous of Christ.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Can a mod please change the title of this thread to "Soil and our genetic make up" or something of that sort besides DNA.

Done!

While I am at it, some of you might like this article as it touches quite a bit on the remarkable nature of DNA, to me, DNA reeks of design.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I thought that was answered in another thread about "mud".

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

I don't have a clue why Jesus mixed soil with his saliva , instead of instantly healing the man by his usual ways.

An interesting question for sure,Hall. And  very interesting discussion points from all the posters, like:

Simple Jeff said: God's Word is everything. true. unchanging.  DNA is nothing.   POST#13

Yup!

About a year ago, 2 scientists with doctorates, published in the respected British scientific journal, " Journal of the Royal Society Interface", an article that doubts  DNA's role as the main genetic material among animals and humans("genetic" roughly means the way of hereditary transmission- I'm explaining for the children/youth around the world who are reading.)

What can, or do scientists or humans really know? Absolutely nothing apart from the Bible.

Science cannot understand immaterial - yet still real - things  such as the human spirit/soul and angels. All agree.

But science also cannot even understand the physical world/universe and its physical laws.Only some admit this fact. Science is dead.  

This was "proven" by one of the greatest mathematicians in all of history, Princeton U. professor Dr. Kurt Gödel, a baptised Lutheran Christian (who always read his Bible at least on Sundays) by way of his 2 "Incompleteness Theorems".(Kurt Gödel and the End of Physics; Stephen Hawking,2010)  

Jesus Christ of Nazareth promised -in the Bible's Gospel of John 3.16: "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whoever believes in him(Jesus), should not perish but have everlasting life." NKJ Version(word Jesus in brackets is my insertion)

Please believe in Jesus Christ of Nazareth as your personal Savior and God Almighty if you are an unbeliever. WAKE up to reality, please.

True Christian James Clerk Maxwell said( widely-accepted  as being among the top 3 scientists in all history)[but nothing compared to our one God:Jesus the Son YHWH, And his Father YHWH, And the Holy Spirit YHWH] we must read from the New Testament books of Colossians and Ephesians to really understand the extent, order and unity of the universe.(I.Hutchinson: "James Maxwell and the Christian Proposition",MIT, 2006).