OldSchool2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

"Defender of the Faith" has been one of the subsidiary titles of the English and later British monarchs since it was granted on 11 October, 1521 .

Understood, but do you recognize the monarch as the defender of YOUR faith, or would you suggest to anyone that the monarchy should be THEIRS?

By the way, it was granted by Pope Leo X, who by my recollection was in charge when the Protestant Reformation began.

On second thoughts , I have never really thought about it until now.

Within the mystery of prayer , finite from the human side but infinite from the divine , perhaps Queen Elizabeth could in some way be a defender of my faith .

Who knows for what she prays in her private room ?

Does she pray for her subjects according to her Christian faith ?

If she does , then she may be a defender of my faith .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  2

Jeff,

I oppose whomever does not follow the will / word of God AS INTENDED. My opposition however, carries only hope for those who do [ not ], that they might repent of their error. This is certainly my hope, as I also have been in error. I don't think so highly of myself to believe I am ever without error. It is by His grace and Spirit that I know what He has proven to me, and not from my own devices or reasoning apart from Him. I can certainly tell the difference as I am often admonished by His Spirit, which is truth. Sometimes, it is by my own ignorance, and other times by listening to others who are [ also at times ] ignorant, or of divisive intent [ for which there is no excuse ].

I spend much more time being corrected ( by God )  than I do trying to correct others. That's not to say that I do not speak when I recognize error, based on what has been proven to me ( by God ). 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, and no doubt the Bible had the Royalty of Great Britain in mind when it was written, lol.

:sarc:

Well some do hallow the King James version of the Bible......King James I of England . :D

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

Yes, and no doubt the Bible had the Royalty of Great Britain in mind when it was written, lol.

:sarc:

Well some do hallow the King James version of the Bible......King James I of England . :D

This is true, and some of those seem to try harder to defend a Bible version, than they do to defend the faith. Fortunatlly, the translators of the KJV, did not have such a high view of their work.