• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

My thoughts on this issue is simple, a muslim is a muslim and you can't trust them with their religious beliefs, not even the ones with a moderate belief. I fought against muslims and know them very well, even the ones I had good working relationships with I never fully trusted, I was always ready to defend against a knife in the back, you could say I slept with one eye open. Now you may be thinking Oldzimm you are paranoid and you are right in a way, though I wouldn't call it being paranoid, I call it being cautious. Call it what you want but one thing I'm not, I'm not racist, I will not hate someone just because of the color of their skin. (besides muslims come in all races)

Oldzimm 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  405
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

shiloh357 - I am not hoping he is like Chamberlain.  He IS just like Chamberlain.

Well at least there are a total of 6 Chamberlain's...and I have yet to hear any reasonable alternatives.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

My answer to the question is a question. Is hitting a grizzly bear over the head with a 2x4 a good thing? :33:

Oldzimm

Yes! Lol

oldzimm - you could say I slept with one eye open. Now you may be thinking Oldzimm you are paranoid and you are right in a way, though I wouldn't call it being paranoid, I call it being cautious.

Fair enough, it is also true that Iran has little reason to trust the US.  The deal isn't built on trust but verification...again, I should think we would be tired of failed military and at least attempt another approach. 

Guest shiloh357

A reasonable alternative would have been to give them NO nuclear capacity at all and simply turn the sanction screws even harder on them.   You don't negotiate with bloodthirsty terrorist regimes.   At least thinking people don't do that.

shiloh357 - A reasonable alternative would have been to give them NO nuclear capacity at all and simply turn the sanction screws even harder on them.

Yes, and then in all likelihood many countries will simply lift sanctions on their own. They were persuaded to abide by the sanctions as a diplomatic solution was sought...a rejection will have countries lifting sanctions, and "turning the sanction screws" will have the same effect of countries dropping out.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

Come Lord Jesus!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,214
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I thought Glenn Beck is Mormon.

He is, but he has a good news show....   do you discount everything a Mormon says????/

When it comes to anything that has to do with God...yes.

so what does this thread have to do with God????

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

oldzimm - you could say I slept with one eye open. Now you may be thinking Oldzimm you are paranoid and you are right in a way, though I wouldn't call it being paranoid, I call it being cautious.

Fair enough, it is also true that Iran has little reason to trust the US.  The deal isn't built on trust but verification...again, I should think we would be tired of failed military and at least attempt another approach. 

Would you make a deal with the devil even though you don't trust him?

Failed military??? If there is a failure in any war we were involved in it would be because politicians thought they knew more about war than the warriors. Desert Storm was cut too short in my opinion, but the goal of the war was met, so I guess we couldn't call it a failure. Enduring Freedom seems to be an success. Iraqi Freedom was a good cause but the problem was President Bush seemed not to have a end of war plan ( a goal). Obama didn't have a war ending plan for Iraq either, as we see now with isis, just pulling troops out was a bad idea, a dumb idea.

If our country has no other alternative and war is the last resort, the president must state to the trained military commanders what our county's goals are for the outcome of the war and use whatever conventional means necessary to meet them goals. After the goals are set the politicians must stay out of it and let the military do their job until the war is over, then the politicians can do their jobs.

Oldzimm  

oldzimm - Failed military??? If there is a failure in any war we were involved in it would be because politicians thought they knew more about war than the warriors.

So true, wasn't that the case with Vietnam.  Our involvement in the ME whether by conflict or support of repressive regimes has prompted the chaos we see today. The initial "wars" were a success but in the long term they were decidedly a failure. Our support of repressive regimes gave rise to the extremists first as a local issue but because of the US support there rose strong hatred towards America.  The roots of ISIS originated in 2004, and even had  the US committed to an endless occupation I doubt things would turn out much different. You so accurately state  that the politicians stay out of it ...  but their politicians, they know best!