• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

Apparently, the Genesis account is totally different than the verses in John 1. I'm a little confused.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I'm also a little bit confuse,concerning your replied,i can't remember quoting John 1,

My topic is base on the account of Genesis and Job.

Apparently, the Genesis account is totally different than the verses in John 1. I'm a little confused.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I'm also a little bit confuse,concerning your replied,i can't remember quoting John 1,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

You're correct about that yes. I still believe though that fallen angels did not have a desire to marry women. 

It is significant that giants are spoken of in this context.  They also became "mighty men" and "men of renown".  Gigantism is a genetic abnormality, and this too is evident in the description we have of giants in Scripture. The Nephilim and Anakim of the Old Testament were indeed giants, and their gigantism was a result of abnormal sexual unions.

And every nation on earth has myths and legends about "gods and heroes" such as Hercules, etc.  There has to be some reality behind all that, and Scripture simply condenses the truth into a few words. The evil angels taught men all kinds of perversions, and they also produced mighty and abnormal offspring.  Those legends descibe these things.

Just because we cannot "comprehend" this type of union between angels and women,  does not mean that it is impossible.  Angels generally appeared to men as men in Scripture, and therefore would be able to perform as men.

The reason the Bible says that "they do not marry" in Heaven is because all the angels are male, and they were never created to reproduce themselves.  It is only when they became evil and took the form of men so that they could reproduce on earth.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Read my post again...I made it because of the bolded words above.  It was kind of a question. 

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Sons of God are the men of Seth lineage. Not angels. God said in Hebrews speaking of old times "to which one of any of the angels has he called a son?". Angels have never been referred to as sons. 

The daughters of men are daughters from the lineage of Cain. It's time to clear the misconception that angels procreated with women to birth nephlim. 

I concur with Alejandro84

Here is a good article on the debate.

https://answersingenesis.org/bible-characters/battle-over-the-nephilim/

Edited by La Paloma

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

You're correct about that yes. I still believe though that fallen angels did not have a desire to marry women. 

It is significant that giants are spoken of in this context.  They also became "mighty men" and "men of renown".  Gigantism is a genetic abnormality, and this too is evident in the description we have of giants in Scripture. The Nephilim and Anakim of the Old Testament were indeed giants,

And every nation on earth has myths and legends about "gods and heroes" such as Hercules, etc.  There has to be some reality behind all that, and Scripture simply condenses the truth into a few words. The evil angels taught men all kinds of perversions, and they also produced mighty and abnormal offspring.  Those legends descibe these things.

I agree Ezra, this article here https://answersingenesis.org/bible-characters/giants-in-the-old-testament/

paints a fascinating picture of giants in the Bible and in our past.  I wholly concur that the legends and stories of giants exist because they actually did exist in our past.  This article showed me far more examples than I knew existed in scripture.  I find it odd that God would allow fallen angels to mate with woman to make these giants however.  Here’s another theory that just struck me when I read this: The underlined red text is key.

SNIP>>>>>As far as I know, no one has discovered fossil evidence of giant humans. But then again, human fossils are quite rare altogether, since humans are more capable of avoiding rapid burial in sediment and other conditions that could lead to fossilization of their remains. What is indeed significant is that many giant versions of other creatures existed in the past or still exist today. To name just a few, these include the following:

1.spiders (e.g., the bird-eating spider, up to 12-inch leg span)

2.moths (e.g., the Atlas moth, with a wing span of 11 inches)

3.centipedes (up to 13 inches long)

4.snails (e.g., the African giant snail, up to 15½ inches long)

5.frogs (e.g. Beelzebufo, 16 inches high)

6.dragonflies (e.g., Meganeura, with a wing span of more than 2½ feet)

7.rats (e.g., Josephoartigasia, with a conservatively estimated body mass of 750 pounds)

8.beavers (e.g., Trogontherium, about 7½ feet long)

9.scorpions (e.g., the sea scorpion Jaekelopterus, estimated at more than 8 feet long)

10.crabs (e.g., the giant spider crab, with a claw span more than 12 feet)

11.armadillos (e.g., Glyptodon, up to 13 feet long)

12.turtles (e.g., Archelon, up to 16 feet long)

13.fish (e.g., Xiphactinus, 19 feet long)

14.sloths (e.g., Megatherium, which stood about 20 feet)

15.worms (e.g., the giant earthworm, up to 22 feet long)

16.sea cows (e.g., Hydrodamalis, 25 feet or more in length)

17.crocodiles (e.g., Sarcosuchus, up to 40 feet long)

18.snakes (e.g., Titanoboa, over 42 feet long)

19.crustaceans (e.g., supergiant amphipods 10 times larger than those previously discovered)

20.squid (e.g., Mesonychoteuthis, 50 feet or more in length)

21.sharks (e.g., Rhincodon, up to 65 feet long)

22.octopuses with 100 foot long tentacles.21

The fact that scientists have discovered animals with body sizes far greater than those observed today suggests, at least in theory, the possibility of there having also been giant humans in the past, as recorded in the Bible.<<<<<<<<<

****Perhaps the old earth atmosphese was condusive on several levels to giant humans just as the animlas where far larger?  Just a thought!

Edited by La Paloma

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

Gen 6:1  When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them,
Gen 6:2  the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose.
Gen 6:3  Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years."

That the (a) sons of God saw the daughters (b) of men that they [were] © fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
(a) The children of the godly who began to degenerate.
(b) Those that had wicked parents, as if from Cain.
© Having more respect for their beauty and worldly considerations than for their manners and godliness.

The sons of God saw the daughters of men — By the former is meant the family of Seth, who were professedly religious; by the latter, the descendants of apostate Cain. Mixed marriages between parties of opposite principles and practice were necessarily sources of extensive corruption. The women, religious themselves, would as wives and mothers exert an influence fatal to the existence of religion in their household, and consequently the people of that later age sank to the lowest depravity.............

Genesis 6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days,
.... That is, in the days before the sons of God took the daughters of men for wives, in such a general manner as before declared, or before the declension and apostasy became so universal; even in the times of Jared, as the Arabic writers  understand it, who say that these giants were begotten on the daughters of Cain by the children of Seth, who went down from the mountain to them in the days of Jared, Gen_5:20 the word "Nephilim" comes from a word which signifies to fall; and these might be so called, either because they made their fear to fall upon men, or men, through fear, to fall before them, because of their height and strength; or rather because they fell and rushed on men with great violence, and oppressed them in a cruel and tyrannical manner; or, as some think, because they fell off and were apostates from the true religion, which is much better than to understand them of apostate angels, whom the Targum of Jonathan mentions by name, and calls them Schanchazai and Uziel, who fell from heaven, and were in the earth in those days:
and also after that, which shows that the preceding clause respects giants in former times:  when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, came into their houses and chambers, and lay with them:   and they bare children unto them, or giants unto them, as may be supplied from the former clause; for the sense is, as there were giants before this general defection, so there were at this time, when there was a mixture of the Cainites and Sethites; which were the offspring of the sons of God, or posterity of Seth, mixing with the daughters of men, or the posterity of Cain; for this is not to be understood after the flood, as Aben Ezra, Ben Melech; and so they are described in the following words:
the same became mighty men; for tallness and strength, for power and dominion, for tyranny and oppression:    which were of old: like those that were of old before; or who in after times were spoken of, as in the days of old:     men of renown, or "of name"..... whose names were often made mention of, both for their size and for their wickedness; they were much talked of, and extolled for their exploits, and even wicked ones: they were famous men, or rather infamous; for some men get a name in the world, not for their goodness, but for their greatness, and sometimes for their great wickedness; which sense is countenanced by what follows: that there were giants in these early times is confirmed by the testimony of many Heathen writers; such were the Titans that made war against Saturn, begotten by Ouranus, who were not only of bulky bodies, but of invincible strength, as Apollodorus  relates, and Berosus speaks of a city about Lebanon, called Enos, which was a city of giants, who were men of vast bodies, and of great strength, inventors of arms and music, were cannibals, and exceedingly debauched

Read my post again...I made it because of the bolded words above. It was kind of a question.

I understood better, i misunderstand your replied before,But now i understood better,sorry for any inconvenience.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,135
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Sons of God are the men of Seth lineage. Not angels. God said in Hebrews speaking of old times "to which one of any of the angels has he called a son?". Angels have never been referred to as sons.

What you wrote in this post is false and deceiving. Here is the Scripture correctly quoted:

Heb. 1:5 For to which of the angels did He ever say:

“You are My Son,

Today I have begotten You”?

Angels, like Adam, were not begotten, they were created. Jesus was begotten. But angels were called sons of God: beny elohim and beny elyon.

Psalm 82: God [Elohim] stands in the congregation of God [El];

He judges among the gods [elohim]. ...

6 I said, “You are gods [elohim],

And all of you are children of the Most High [beny elyon].

7 But you shall die like men,

And fall [root, naphal] like one of the princes.”

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

This is why it is of paramount importance the full revelation is applied. Sons of God... what?

There is only one Son of God the Father. Jesus (John 1:14).

All else are sons of God the Word (who became Jesus) the LONE Creator in the beginning (John 1:1-3 / Colossians 1:13-16 / Isaiah 44:24).

Luke 3:38 Adam the son of God ( ==>> the Word ).

Genesis 6 the sons of God the Word (angels) also in Job 1 & 2.

We as believers in Jesus Christ can be sons of God the Father through adoption.

Romans 8:15 (AV)

15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Morning Glory, I believe that answers your question about John 1

Edited by JohnD