• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I believe that :

The church is the restrainer..people filled with the Holy Spirit , when there are gone evil forces will come out in full force...

The Holy Spirit will still convict people from their sin in the Tribulation.

The people who are saved during those days will not be members of the Church but subjects of Christ, s glorious kingdom.

And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, (2 Thessalonians 2:6-8)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I concur with Dr. David Reagan, Lamb and Lion Ministries......the restrainer is the church since if the H.S. was removed from the world, no one could be saved thereafter. It's just the most logical answer.   Source.... http://www.lamblion.us/2008/08/who-or-what-is-restainer.html

The church is the most logical answer? That assumes two things that are not in evidence:

1. That you know and have considered all possible ideas
  2. That logic is might be more important than what the bible has revealed - careful there!

The church is the most logical answer to ME.  And I have considered the other possibilities. I don't see the Archangel Michael  being the restrainer.   In order to be taken OUT of the world he would have to be in the world.  I don't believe he is. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I believe that :

The church is the restrainer..people filled with the Holy Spirit , when there are gone evil forces will come out in full force...

The people who are saved during those days will not be members of the Church but subjects of Christ, s glorious kingdom.

And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, (2 Thessalonians 2:6-8)

The church is the answer that makes the most sense, for sure. 

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

And this is my final answer   :grin:

Question: "Who / What is the restrainer in 2 Thessalonians 2:6?"

Answer: 
2 Thessalonians 2:6-7 mentions a “restrainer” that is holding back sin and lawlessness. What or who that restraining force is, Paul does not say specifically in this letter. Many have speculated as to the identity of the restrainer, naming the restraining force as 1) human government; 2) gospel preaching; 3) the binding of Satan; 4) the providence of God; 5) the Jewish state; 6) the church; 7) the Holy Spirit; and 8) Michael. Whatever now restrains the Antichrist of vv. 3, 4, 8–10 from being revealed in the fullness of his apostasy and evil must be more than human or even angelic power. The power that holds back Satan from bringing the final apostasy and unveiling of his Satan-possessed false Christ (the Antichrist) must be supernatural. It must be God’s power in operation that holds back Satan, so that the “man of sin,” “the son of destruction” (v. 3) won’t be able to come until God permits it by removing the restraining power. The reason for the restraint was so that the Antichrist would be revealed at God’s appointed time and no sooner, just as was Christ (Gal. 4:4), because God controls Satan.

The Holy Spirit of God is the only Person with sufficient (supernatural) power to do this restraining. How does He do it? Through Christians, He works in society to hold back the swelling tide of lawless living. At some point, though, He will be removed from the earth, allowing sin to have dominion over mankind. This can only happen when the Church—all true believers in Jesus Christ—is removed. This is because the Holy Spirit lives within each believer. When the church leaves the earth at the rapture, the Holy Spirit will be taken out of the way in the sense that His unique lawlessness-restraining ministry—through God's people— will be removed (see Genesis 6:3).

The removal of the Restrainer at the time of the rapture must obviously precede the “day of the Lord.” But as soon as individuals again start placing their faith in Christ during the tribulation, the Holy Spirit will again be “present” in the world. His ministry of restraining, though, seems limited to the time before the tribulation

http://www.gotquestions.org/restrainer.html

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/20/1987

I concur with Dr. David Reagan, Lamb and Lion Ministries......the restrainer is the church since if the H.S. was removed from the world, no one could be saved thereafter. It's just the most logical answer.   Source.... http://www.lamblion.us/2008/08/who-or-what-is-restainer.html

The church is the most logical answer? That assumes two things that are not in evidence:

1. That you know and have considered all possible ideas
  2. That logic is might be more important than what the bible has revealed - careful there!

The church is the most logical answer to ME.  And I have considered the other possibilities. I don't see the Archangel Michael  being the restrainer.   In order to be taken OUT of the world he would have to be in the world.  I don't believe he is. 

It says the restrainer will be "taken out of the way", but it doesn't say the restrainer will be taken out of the world. Although the Thessalonians knew what was restraining, we are not specifically told.

I believe that :

If one is saved, Christ's blood covers them and they are redeemed. What makes my salvation better than theirs, because I believed before them? Why would they not be members of the church if they are saved?

Dan 11:32  Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.

Dan 11:33  And those of the people who understand shall instruct many; yet for many days they shall fall by sword and flame, by captivity and plundering.

Dan 11:34  Now when they fall, they shall be aided with a little help; but many shall join with them by intrigue.

Dan 11:35  And some of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify them, and make them white, until the time of the end; because it is still for the appointed time.

Rev 6:9  When He opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the testimony which they held.

Rev 6:10  And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"

Rev 6:11  Then a white robe was given to each of them; and it was said to them that they should rest a little while longer, until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

Hello everyone, all of you that commented on this topic of the  Restrainer, so I see even with the best of devoted bible readers and believers we can clearly still see that we are not all in agreement of who the Restrainer is, so we have the list of possibilities, and they are..

the church

the believers,

God himself

the holy spirit

and micheal the arch angel

so before I say anything else, I want to thank Omegaman 3.0 for a awesome version on in a three parts video series that I thought was really awesome and very interesting, I also believe this view of all, but that is just my belief of this topic, but I can also see as I did and was told by a Christian church it is the saints and the holy spirit with in us , which is also the church, so we can kind of put a few together and make a general statement to cover a few of these ideas or assumptions, but with that said I also will agree and I believe that the view on that it is God himself that does it by the control over the whole plan of Gods will that when he decides and when he is ready is when it happens and the angels are in subjection to the orders given which is so very true, but this still brings us back to who is correct and why would we be having different answers of the same question, in this late stage of knowledge in the bible for our believers, so this goes to show that we are not all  in the same page even as followers and believers in the truth , now I also heard this from many Christian brothers in a church I was in, and the saying was this ,( it is okay to agree to disagree) when we are not all convinced of the correct answer, and I believed that for awhile but after careful study and the word of God we know that our God is not a God of confusion, so with that said , I personally would say that the saying its okay to agree to disagree is another false teaching of being content with no one agreeing or coming to the same conclusion or answer for what5 we are to understand in the bible , so how do we know what is right from what is wrong, can this ever be settled? thank you all for your great input and I am so blessed to have so many devoted and smart brothers and sisters that are doing there best to grow in wisdom and in faith in God, and to see this and read your replies, that you all are sharing, is so awesome, blessings to all of you , and remember always fight the fight and keep the faith  we need to endure unto the end, amen...

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.79
  • Days Won:  226

Yes,everyone has a different interpretation and everyone wants to be right.But that is not going to happen.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

The holy spirit does not act on it's own either.  It comes out straight from God.  It is the spirit of truth and is God's power.

"The holy spirit does not act on it's own either."

I cringe at that a little. The Holy Spirit is a person, usually when referring to persons, we use personal pronouns, not impersonal ones, the Holy Spirit is not an "it".

Omegaman

Yes I shouldn't of called the holy spirit an "it". It's a bad habit I must break, but I don't see him as a person. No disrespect, but it's very hard to not use the word "it" in a sentence.

In fact where does it say that the holy spirit is a person?

I know there are three, the Father, the Son and the holy ghost and all three are one, in the same function, Cannot have one without the other.

but God is spirit and John saw his form, The Lamb also spirit and John saw his form,

but where is the holy spirit's form if he is a person?

Is he mentioned here?

Revelation 5:6   And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

If John saw everything around the throne, then where is the holy spirit if he is a person?

John did not see him here either?

Revelation 22:1   And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

Because The holy spirit is in God and comes out of him, and the holy spirit has power because he comes out directly from God. 

The holy spirit is  the spirit of truth.

John 16:13   Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

John 15:26   But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

When God communicates with us, it is always through his spirit, without his spirit there is no communication, nor understanding.  This holy spirit draws us into God's frequency which the world cannot pick up or receive.

Being "filled" with the holy spirit is something different altogether.  It's that holy spirit poured inside us that Glorifies God and the Lamb and can enter and go at God's will.  This feeling is overwhelming, can reveal something so true to us, can make us cry with joy and appreciation, it's like a lightening bolt going through us, disconnecting us to this world, and connecting us straight to God, and then it leaves.  It doesn't feel like this every second of the day, it's sent for a purpose at that time to let us know we are not alone.

Now something else to consider;

Luke 12:10   And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

How do you blaspheme the holy ghost?  Call it names?  Call him a "it"?

No, but if you blaspheme the "spirit of truth", ....knowing what is true and going against, then it makes more sense.

For the angels that sinned did this.  They knew what was true for they were with God in heaven, yet they manipulated and did the opposite to his will causing deception.

So please don't cringe, I hope you understand a little better where I am coming from.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The mystery of iniquity....lawlessness...Jesus said he would say unto them depart from him those who work iniquity. The Tower of BIBLE has been built and many come to get their ears tickled each week by the sooth sayers who say peace when there is no peace.

I was there...in the pew...and tge man behind the pulpit preaching said it. "Don't worry about that sin you do this week, it is already forgiven!" And they all went home happy, joyous and free...ready to fill up their sins again!

Sad

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  642
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

SINNERSAVED said in post 1:

who do you say is the Restrainer

The restrainer of the Antichrist (2 Thessalonians 2:6-8) could be a powerful, good angel, like the one who will restrain Satan at Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 20:1-3). The restrainer can't be the Holy Spirit (as is sometimes claimed), because in the future, the restrainer will be removed (2 Thessalonians 2:7b), while the Holy Spirit can never be removed because he is always omnipresent (Psalms 139:7-10). Similarly, the restrainer can't be the church or the Holy Spirit in the church, because the church won't be removed (John 17:15,20, Proverbs 10:30), and now there are no believers outside of the church (Ephesians 4:4-5), and now no one can be a believer without the Spirit (Romans 8:9); and the Antichrist will be allowed to physically overcome believers in every nation (Revelation 13:7-10, Revelation 14:12-13, Revelation 20:4-6, Matthew 24:9-13), just as, for example, the Roman emperors and Satan were allowed to physically overcome some believers in the 1st century AD (e.g. Revelation 2:10). Also, Mark 13:11b expressly shows that the Holy Spirit will still be with believers during the future tribulation.