SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Side note; The topic is 'Who do you say the Restrainer is'?  This thread has post after extremely long post that don't address the topic at all.  Why do these threads always end up so far OT??

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,043
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  5

I only have one "extremely long post that don't address the topic at all," but as you can see I was only following the flow of conversation.

Is there a rule or something that says a new thread must be started when people on the thread respond to something on topic is said on the original one? I for one enjoy the liberty people have to ask and address side topics, happens all the time in real life.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

I concur with Dr. David Reagan, Lamb and Lion Ministries......the restrainer is the church since if the H.S. was removed from the world, no one could be saved thereafter. It's just the most logical answer.   Source...http://www.lamblion.us/2008/08/who-or-what-is-restainer.html

Salvation was provided before the Holy Spirit came. Salvation will be provided when He leaves.

-Rev

I don't agree; I think Dr. Reagan got it right. 

And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 

The restrainer was holding back lawlessness when the writer wrote 2 Thes. How was the church holding it back then when the church barely beginning? The foundation of the church was barely forming yet it was holding back the lawlessness?

I suppose everyone has they're own reasoning.

-Rev

Edited by exrockstar
too many quotes

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

I concur with Dr. David Reagan, Lamb and Lion Ministries......the restrainer is the church since if the H.S. was removed from the world, no one could be saved thereafter. It's just the most logical answer.   Source...http://www.lamblion.us/2008/08/who-or-what-is-restainer.html

Salvation was provided before the Holy Spirit came. Salvation will be provided when He leaves.

-Rev

The restrainer was holding back lawlessness when the writer wrote it and will continue. How was the church holding it back then when the church barely beginning? The foundation of the church was barely forming yet it was holding back the lawlessness?

-Rev

Good point.  The abyss also restrains evil spirit beings.  And it also happens to be where the beast comes from.

The problem as I see it is everyone is embracing a theology that was first propagated by Catholic monk in the 10th century with his letter to Queen Gerberga on the Place and Time of Antichrist. It was rebuttal to the those who were recognizing Catholicism as embracing paganism and being apostate and the position of the papacy as usurping authority and being false apostles, sons of perdition as was Judas.

What has the church almost unanimously embrace and made popular a theology today that was birth in Catholicism? You have many great protestant commentators who believed the Catholicism and the position of the papacy fulfilled these very verse, why the widespread abandonment nowadays?

Is it because we are in the time when men cannot endure sound doctrine and because we, the church, are really the ones guilty for introducing the "political correctness" and no longer want to earnestly contend for the faith that was once delivered to the saints? Have we become so soft and watered down that we now feel the need to embrace any and all who name the Name of Christ because we don't want be offensive and divisive? 

What about come out from among them, avoiding the leaven of the Pharisees, and discerning them by their fruit?

And if Catholicism and the position of the papacy fulfilled these very verses, then what restrained their coming to such power and influence?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The church is always referred to as "she" or in feminine terms. The Restrainer is "He" capitalized, not restrainess in feminine. 

I only have one "extremely long post that don't address the topic at all," but as you can see I was only following the flow of conversation.

Is there a rule or something that says a new thread must be started when people on the thread respond to something on topic is said on the original one? I for one enjoy the liberty people have to ask and address side topics, happens all the time in real life.

My comment was not directed at you specifically, Seeker.  Don't get all sideways.  There really isn't a 'rule' about going OT but it's just common courtesy to not hijack someone's thread with other topics.  I sometimes do exactly that myself and have to rein myself in.  Or I get told I'm OT.  Don't take it personally; you're far from the worst offender. 

-Rev

And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 

The restrainer was holding back lawlessness when the writer wrote 2 Thes. How was the church holding it back then when the church barely beginning? The foundation of the church was barely forming yet it was holding back the lawlessness?

-Rev

How do you know anything or anyone was restraining the lawless one in Paul's time?  When the Church is raptured, satan will be unrestrained in the world.  That tells me who the restrainer is.  

My comment was not directed at you specifically, Seeker.  Don't get all sideways.  There really isn't a 'rule' about going OT but it's just common courtesy to not hijack someone's thread with other topics.  I sometimes do exactly that myself and have to rein myself in.  Or I get told I'm OT.  Don't take it personally; you're far from the worst offender. 

Trust me, I was chuckling when I wrote the post... and  I avoid getting all sideways because I do look thinner straight on.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  0

-Rev

-Rev

How do you know anything or anyone was restraining the lawless one in Paul's time?  When the Church is raptured, satan will be unrestrained in the world.  That tells me who the restrainer is.  

And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 

Because he says the word "now." in the greek it is "at the present time." No?

-Rev