IGNORED

should CHRISTIANS OWN WEAPONS OR FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE SYSTEM?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,730
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

That's all well and good, but it doesn't answer my question. See, if defending our families using weapons is right biblically, then its not seeking things of the flesh. 

And Jesus didn't come to say defending ones family is right or wrong, He came as a sacrifice. So regardless of whether or not depending oneself is right or wrong, that wasn't why Jesus was here. That wasn't His mission. 

His mission was to save lives. Preservation of life has always been a common theme in the Bible. He doesn't want suicidal jihadists He wants people who value life, because life is Good. God created life, so He wants it preserved. So I don't see how using a weapon to preserve another's life, be it your child's or a stranger on the street, is wrong, in fact I see it as being perfectly aligned with His will.

I mean, hypothetically, you come across a man trying to murder an young women. Neither are christian. Which is more loving allowing the aggressor to kill that young woman-or saving that womans life?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,713
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Walking with The Lord is not by pre-prepared scenarios whereby we do what we have
always planned but by faith where we are prepared to do as directed in the immediate...
Pride of life is an illusive sin that invades us all in various tones and shades but laying
it before the Light of His Word we find that we rely on our own abilities more than God's
and that is pure stupid... wouldn't you agree! We can be aggressive with our spiritual
weapons but carnal ones will only end in likeness where enemy and patriot appear to
be the same...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Jesus always said the Father is generous, not greedy, and if your eye is generous, you will have light in the body too....

“If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt”
Andy Rau 04/03/08

Here's your inspirational story for the day. Julio Diaz responded in an unexpected way when a mugger demanded his wallet:

He was walking toward the stairs when a teenage boy approached and pulled out a knife.

"He wants my money, so I just gave him my wallet and told him, 'Here you go,'" Diaz says.

As the teen began to walk away, Diaz told him, "Hey, wait a minute. You forgot something. If you're going to be robbing people for the rest of the night, you might as well take my coat to keep you warm."
The would-be robber looked at his would-be victim, "like what's going on here?" Diaz says. "He asked me, 'Why are you doing this?'"
Diaz replied: "If you're willing to risk your freedom for a few dollars, then I guess you must really need the money. I mean, all I wanted to do was get dinner and if you really want to join me ... hey, you're more than welcome."
The two had dinner together (Diaz had to ask for his wallet back to pay for the meal), and before he left, the mugger handed over his knife to Diaz. Sounds like a textbook application of Luke 6:

"But to you who are listening I say:

Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."

http://thinkchristian.reframemedia.com/if-someone-takes-your-coat-do-not-withhold-your-shirt

There was a time in my life when I would have been as sure as the day that this was a made up fictional tale.  Not today.  I live everyday in this place where unexplainable behavior softens the hardest of hearts.  I was lead to see it through faith.  But this also is why I must always keep an understanding love for those who have not seen the true power of love in action.  They live in fear covered by bravodo and unholy partiality that is not simply something that one can walk away from.  Bondage to fear must be broken and bondage to love secured.  We know that there is no fear in love and that perfect love casts out fear but not all have known the depths of love.  Some merely scratch the surface.  Peace unto Jeff! 

Walking with The Lord is not by pre-prepared scenarios whereby we do what we have
always planned but by faith where we are prepared to do as directed in the immediate...
Pride of life is an illusive sin that invades us all in various tones and shades but laying
it before the Light of His Word we find that we rely on our own abilities more than God's
and that is pure stupid... wouldn't you agree! We can be aggressive with our spiritual
weapons but carnal ones will only end in likeness where enemy and patriot appear to
be the same...

im sorry, thats not just a "pre-prepared scenario" its one that has happened and does happen regularly... So answer the question what is more loving?

Well that's easy Pat... I see the greatest example of my Lord on the cross -His submission to the evil around yet not
not returning the evil but standing apart from it, lifted up, displaying the importance of that which is not yet but will be
forever goodness completely separate from the evil - judging said evil  by its own innocuous presentation as worthless...
To put it straight there is nothing here in this world as to influence but that which we allow and if we have formed in
our hearts that which is of the world it will pass away but if of Him it will be the eternity of presence...
      I told you and tell you again that our walk with God 'IS' a moment by moment reality of reliance of Him-> doing with us
as to what gives Him the glory... you cannot presume upon Him in an intimate relationship, as he has provided, and
preplan your activity as though you were Him... this verse

Ps 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
KJV

The spirit that tries to force us to a self reliant state is the sin called pride of life... exercise this in your heart-> when
you breathe (thanks bopeep :) )  understand you did it but only through God's Love for you allowing for you to set a
boundary about yourself-> to give you the ability to empty yourself from self and be fully filled with Him... the debt of the
moment by moment is life and peace set into the eternity whereby all things shall become new (outside of the present
creation so that we cannot have thought of what it will be like)... we are held by Scripture to this reality by the prophesied
outcome of all things yet God does not force us but gently encourages us to set up life now outside of it's beginning (the
eternal state) thus fulfilling the only way to please God is by faith!  Love, Steven

I like you enoob, but one of my biggest pet peeves is when people speaks in circles and doesn't actually answer the question. Would you let that guy kill that young lady? In which case when that lady's family approach you, they're going to ask why? When you had a chance to stop it? Did you hate my daughter/mother/sister/friend? Did God hate her?how is that showing love to the victim?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

The thing that troubles me with your scenarios pat, is Jesus walked the earth when slaves were brutalized, even killed. Yet he said slaves should submit to their master. Why did he not free them.  I think I see enoobs direction but I am unable to put in words. Do you ever think Jesus was telling us to look at things differently than you do pat?

Pat I gave you the answer from the many angles within myself... what you are really doing is to try to force me into the
pathway you have chosen for yourself to verify your rightness! I do not presume upon tomorrow nor do I live an ethereal
walk with God preplanned so that I am in charge at all times!~! I stated to you my life would be readily given for theirs but
I would not use weapon of this world
2 Cor 10:4-5
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing
into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

KJV
this is where I would be found if the situation occurred and what would become of it all -God Knows :)   Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  2

Unless you've ever taken a life, I don't think you can know the temporal ( let alone spiritual ) impact of such an action ( whether accidental, purposely, self-defense, or the defense of another ). I have not seen anyone advocate violence or the taking of life. All of our actions and attitudes have been / will be judged, by our own hearts and minds as well as by God. 

I pray we never have to know. 

Edited by AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

It is David after God's own heart yet the one thing that divided this so that he could not build God's house was that of shedding of blood!
How beautiful the example of Jesus is to us forever that we should be like Him and no one else...     Love, Steven