IGNORED

No KJV Bible please?

FreeinChrist

Guest Butero

Lol. People's hearts can be changed just by hearing God's word, that is true. What if I only read niv my whole life, can you be glad I at least read?  

The point is that these people supposedly cannot read.  How can they read a dumbed down Bible if they cannot read.  That is why they need a Bible on cd. 

As to your other question, no I would not be glad you read the NIV all your life.  To me, the NIV is a tool of Satan.  The current NIV not only leaves out portions of the text, but it also has been intentionally altered to cater to radical feminists.  It was even condemned by many church leaders for doing so.  I would also hope you don't encounter a demon possessed man with a devil that refuses to leave, because if you are relying on the NIV, it leaves out part of the answer to casting it out.  I don't see any value whatsoever in reading the NIV.  You would be better off to read "Pilgrim's Progress" all your life.  It would probably do your soul better. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Okay, just spoke to them. 

They said that the donations are at the request of a particular prison ministry, and this ministry specifically asked for "modern English / Spanish" versions due to illiteracy. 

I guess it's up to everyone to decide how they feel about this. 

Thanks this sadden me as a I think that the prisoners should have options if possible as many prisoners are literate; but I have also heard of research that show the KJV is one if not the easiest version to read, although I know many think that it is rather difficult to understand. 

I personally do not use the KJV, because I do not care for the Elizabethan English, with thee's and thou's that doeth.

I looked for a survey and found one done by a KJV proponent. That makes me wonder since the person who did it has a bias, but going past that, I found the reasoning as to why they consider it easier.

http://www.av1611.org/kjv/kjv_easy.html

• less syllables per word
  • less letters per word
  • less words per sentence
  • smaller percentage of long words
  • greater percentage of short words than the NKJV, NIV, NASB and NRSV

Prayers in churches are sometimes said in Elizabethan English rather then modern English. I think this is influenced by the KJV, but still I believe it is problematic. We do not speak Elizabethan English and God does not require us to pray in Elizabethan English. I think it is more of an affect which leaves a strange impression.

I have seen 3 and while two where definitely of the KJVO view, the other wasn't and stated that because of the poetic style it reads easier.

We do not speak Elizabethan English....

~

Thou Speaketh For Thy Self???

:D

:24:Thanks Joe, I needed a good laugh.