robin hood

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

This is one of the oddest threads I've ever seen, and I've seen my share. Robin Hood, as long as you're born again (which IS the definition of a Christian, by the bye) you can call yourself a chocolate eclair for all it matters. Can you afford the rest of us the grace to do the same? Or is something deeper bothering you?

I think I would have to agree about oddest threads.....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

sounds good to me David......       just call me BA for short...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

I was unregenerate until I became a born again Christian.

you were unregenerate until you became a Christian... or you were unregenerate until you became a born again... :D

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I was unregenerate until I became a born again Christian.

you were unregenerate until you became a Christian... or you were unregenerate until you became a born again... :D

Until I became a "Born Again Christian....Christian! :D

LOL... :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Too often I come across the term " Born Again Christian " .

The term will not be found in the Bible .

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

No, that exact term was not used by Jesus, for good reason.  There WERE NO 'Christians' at that time..  That term came along after Jesus' death and Resurrection. You are jousting at windmills, robin hood.  My guess is you already know the following but are denying it OR you are completely ignorant of the Bible and are just flapping.  Here is what He said...........

John 3 - KJV

1There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:

2The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

V

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Jesus was telling Nicodemus, that soon you are going to believe in me, after I died and resuracted, then you are going to be a BORN FROM AVOBE PHARICIAN, or BORN AGAIN JEW. 

Gods new family, will be of the spiritualy born from above people.

The children of Jesus Christ.

As Jesus is, so are we.

Adam was also BORN AGAIN SPIRITUALY but from the FALLEN ONE. 

Adam was born into the Fallens Nature, with his disobedience and became spiritually separated from God. Like the Fallen One.

Robing Hood makes a point, and he gets a point from me, (and who am I?), but that does not mean he is right.

And niether he is wrong.

To believe in Jesus as a Savior, it means you are Born from above.

Regardless if you know it or not and Regardless of how much spiritualy mature you are to understan that fact.

There many believers (in Jesus) that in ignorance, believe, that they are going to Hell, when they are not. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Yes it was. Try reading John 3:3-7.

I have read it .

It says nothing about Born Again Christians .

Read it again and you will see what it actually says .

That's what a Christian is.  "Born again"  describes a person who is born of God, spiritually.   Christians are people who are born again.   You are trying to manufacture a problem that doesn't exist.

The only thing that has been manufactured by humans on this thread is the term "Born Again Christian" .

Can anyone find me the term "Born Again Christian" prior to the 1960s......a decade when some took the notion of manufacturing some sloppy , lazy theology.....not a good thing to do.....leads to error.....a thing to be avoided like the plague .

Robin,   Jesus used the words  "born again" 2000 years ago:

John 3:3

Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

These are the words of the Lord.

Only Christians can be born again, so saying Born again Christians may be redundant but it is obviously scriptural.   Jesus would not have used the term  "chrsitian" as it had not been invented until well after his death and crucifixtion.

Now you may have an issue with how some use these words theologically, but the words themselves are solidly chirstian originating with Christ.

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, (professional baseball team),  translated.....

The = the      Los = the      Angeles = Angels       Angels = Angels   of = of      Anaheim = Anaheim       therefore......

The The Angels Angels of Anaheim.

If we can accept that redundancy,   Born Again Christian is easy to digest.   :rolleyes:

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The need for the term born again rests in the fact that those being spoken too in the context were mistakenly believing that righteousness came by observing the law of carnal commandments.  They were seeking to establish their own righteousness through the law.  Jesus sought to correct their error and teach them that the only way to be truly righteous was to follow God through the Spirit.  To be brought from a place of trusting in righteousness by the law to trusting in the Spirit of God through Christ was akin to a new birth that required various degrees of travail because of rejection and persecution from those who remained in reliance upon the law.  Christ is the end of the law to all who believe.  We trust in his sacrifice for the payment of our sin and in the Holy Spirit for power to live righteous and have dominion over sin.

Are their those that follow Christ for awhile but leave off before truly being born again?  Are there those who believe they are born again but have yet to truly have such an experience?  Jesus was born with the Holy Spirit as well as John.  Jesus had an experience at his baptism that John never had.  John was beheaded after sitting in prison in doubt of Jesus.

I beleive in both those that are born again and those who have yet to experience the new birth yet at this time I am not dogmatic about it but rather convinced by the evidence I have seen so far.  I could be wrong.  Just seeing things a bit skewed.

Born again Christian is a valid term.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Yes it was. Try reading John 3:3-7.

I have read it .

It says nothing about Born Again Christians .

Read it again and you will see what it actually says .

That's what a Christian is.  "Born again"  describes a person who is born of God, spiritually.   Christians are people who are born again.   You are trying to manufacture a problem that doesn't exist.

The only thing that has been manufactured by humans on this thread is the term "Born Again Christian" .

Can anyone find me the term "Born Again Christian" prior to the 1960s......a decade when some took the notion of manufacturing some sloppy , lazy theology.....not a good thing to do.....leads to error.....a thing to be avoided like the plague .

Robin,   Jesus used the words  "born again" 2000 years ago:

John 3:3

Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.

I am with you all the way in what you say above .

To become a Christian entails being born again/from above by water and the Spirit .

Throughout this thread I have never denied that .

What I condemn as unbiblical is the term "Born Again Christian" .

If you read through this thread you will see some explaining what they mean by "Born Again Christian" , and their words express a theology which is erroneous .

Another example......some Christians say that if you don't have the gift of tongues then you don't have the Holy Spirit , and so you aren't a Christian . A totally false notion . I have been graced with the gift of tongues , but in no way do I consider this gift as an indication that because of that gift I now possess the Holy Spirit . The Holy Spirit has dwelt in me since I was born again of water and the Spirit .....many years before I received the gift of tongues .

In a similar way there are "Born Again Christians" who confront other Christians , asking them if they are born again . These "Born Again Christians" say that , if you haven't had some sort of "experience" which they have had , then you are not a Christian .....a totally false notion......having an "experience" which in no way equates with the words Jesus spoke to Nicodemus .

To put it plainly.....a Christian does not have to be born again . There is no second , third , or fourth "being born again" . It is a non-Christian who is called upon to be born again . Once a non-Christian is born again of water and the Spirit he is incorporated into the life of the Trinity , and as a Christian he would be insulting God and what God has done for him if he were to seek a further "being born again" .

The tautology "Born Again Christian" needs to be seen for what it is in the real world . It is an unbiblical term used to set one group of Christians against another group , with the implication that the other group are not really Christians . That is evil and needs to be rejected wholeheartedly . The unbiblical term "Born Again Christian" leads some to erect  their theology upon that one term , leading to  truncated , incomplete and inevitably false doctrines .

I