jmldn2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Is it necessary to a Christian's life to belong to a brick and mortar building and congregation? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

If nobody did, there would be no church at all.   We need to strengthen one another and be strengthened by one another in our faith.  'The church of the living God, which is the pillar and support of the truth.'  There would be no support and pillar of the truth.  So the truth would not get supported.  It is apart of how God keeps it going.  So yes, if you do not go, God is losing out, and so are you. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Is it necessary to a Christian's life to belong to a brick and mortar building and congregation? 

No it is not necessary it is not a salvation issue.Although it is important to study God's Word.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Yes it is very important; and I need to find a home myself.

24)  And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works.   25)  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another; and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.   26)  For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for us.   Hebrews 10:24-26

When we are part of an local assembly (when possible for some are in remote areas or very unfriendly space such as in a Islamic nation or such) we will not only receive blessing from others but bless others also and so have God faithfulness fully directed at us:  For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward His Name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do ministry.  Hebrews 6:10

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I would recommend that people do go to a physical bldg. It becomes too easy to say I worship God in the outdoors...in His creation. Yet it becomes a day for golf, shopping, boating , fish, ski, etc and forget to worship God and the one day set aside becomes " my day of rest".

A day regimented so to speak for worship in a church is a day set aside for gathering with other imperfect people who love God ...and even if they are not born again they have had your witness of being a born again believer worshipping God.

Guest shiloh357

If you don't go to church every Sunday, the Lord will afflict you with the plagues of Egypt.

Just kidding...  :P

Going to church and meeting with other like-minded believers is part of our spiritual growth.   We can draw strength, wisdom, encouragement, love and fellowship  from each other.   In fact, we were designed by God to need each other.   While it has nothing to do with how we are saved, it does have an effect on how we grow as believers.  If we try to cook up our own theology we have no guards against false teaching.  No one is too perfect or too strong or to spiritually advanced to not need that kind of fellowship.

• Followers:  7
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Whew, thought I head frogs when I read the first part.

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I have mixed feelings anymore on this subject.  I do believe that anytime I miss fellowship (I'm a very social person) I miss something.  I used to go every Sunday and once during the week.  Now, not so much anymore.  Our church now has a contemporary service as well as the traditional service and I feel more comfortable in the relaxed and casual type contemporary one.  However, I do not agree with all of my denomination's doctrine and they are fixing to make a major change, which I do not agree with.

I believe salvation has nothing to do with a brick/mortar/wood building.  I as well believe we can assemble with others in private homes or on a mountain top.  I also believe I may have become a bit lazy and just need to be recommitted to my church.  lol

• Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

If you don't go to church every Sunday, the Lord will afflict you with the plagues of Egypt.

Just kidding...  :P

Going to church and meeting with other like-minded believers is part of our spiritual growth.   We can draw strength, wisdom, encouragement, love and fellowship  from each other.   In fact, we were designed by God to need each other.   While it has nothing to do with how we are saved, it does have an effect on how we grow as believers.  If we try to cook up our own theology we have no guards against false teaching.  No one is too perfect or too strong or to spiritually advanced to not need that kind of fellowship.

So that is why my house and workplace have had a lot of toads, thanks for clearing this up for me Shiloh.:cool:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Bricks and mortar are irrelevant. On the other hand, the "church" is an "assembly of called out ones" of those who have been saved by grace. Since the Church (capital "C" for the Body of Christ) is the Body of all -- Jews and Gentiles -- who have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, it is NECESSARY to assemble together -- AS A BODY -- as frequently as possible, and no less than once a week on the Lord's Day (not "Sunday" but "the first day of the week") to worship, fellowship, hear the Word, and pray together.  

If you desire to have a proper Scriptural understanding of the local assembly, then study Acts chapter 2.  The church at Jerusalem was the first Christian church, and God has given us a pattern for the meaning of "church" (assembly = ekklesia) in that chapter (as well as other passages).  All spiritual gifts must be exercised for the edification (building up) of all believers, so each one's gift(s) contributes to the building up of Christians.

The sad truth is that what we find in Christianity today is far removed from what God intended the churches to be.  The letters to the seven churches found in Revelation expose the issues which Christians must deal with even today.