Proof

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

With The Spirit of God within us, those which have been born again, we see the depth of this account as
those fearful of judgment and the activity opens up that place of fear... this is what is spiritually going on!

If one really examines this- it is hypocrisy for one who claims the atheist position to object to something
they say does not exist.... the very objection says they are unsure of themselves for theirs is a faith as
well!
Love, Steven

You hit that nail right on the head, Steven!  :D

The true meaning of separation of church and state was meant to protect the churches from the government. Liberals have taken this out of context and pushed it to mean the church isn't allowed to do anything outside of the church. This was put in by Thomas Jefferson whom was a very devout Christian.

There IS no provision in the Constitution for 'separation of church and state'.  The only thing that document specifies in that regard is that the government cannot endorse or support any religion; it places no restrictions on churches or individuals in the practice of faith, in fact it guarantees that.right.  Nor does it guarantee freedom FROM religion in public.  One who doesn't want to see or hear such things can turn away or leave.  The separation of church and state thing comes from a LETTER written by Thomas Jefferson.  If I have time, I will find and post it. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

The true meaning of separation of church and state was meant to protect the churches from the government. Liberals have taken this out of context and pushed it to mean the church isn't allowed to do anything outside of the church. This was put in by Thomas Jefferson whom was a very devout Christian.

There IS no provision in the Constitution for 'separation of church and state'.  The only thing that document specifies in that regard is that the government cannot endorse or support any religion; it places no restrictions on churches or individuals in the practice of faith, in fact it guarantees that.right.  Nor does it guarantee freedom FROM religion in public.  One who doesn't want to see or hear such things can turn away or leave.  The separation of church and state thing comes from a LETTER written by Thomas Jefferson....

It was a letter from Jefferson to a group of Baptists in Danbury, CT. The Baptists knew that Jefferson had led the movement  to disestablish the Anglican Church in Virginia. But Jefferson had also authored the Virginia Statue for Religious Freedom, which was the model for the First Amendment's two clauses: the so-called Establishment and the Free Exercise clauses.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

In this clip, from ABC's What Would You Do, a family is praying before their meal in a restaurant when an Atheist speaks up and complains....

Politely tell the Atheist that it is none of his business.  The funny thing is that Atheists are convinced that there is no God, yet become extremely vocal because others believe there is a God. If I believed that something did not exist, I would only smile pityingly on those who were deluded. Then some of them come onto Christian forums to tell us why they believe as they do.  Why waste your time on those poor deluded Christians?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

In this clip, from ABC's What Would You Do, a family is praying before their meal in a restaurant when an Atheist speaks up and complains....

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=YLKLYWNX

I saw this on facebook and thought it was bizarre.  I've NEVER seen an atheist bother someone for praying at a restaurant or whatever.  Above and beyond that, I've gone to Church on numerous occasions because my religious friend(s) were having some kind of ceremony or special event [bowing my head no less when they prayed].    As you can see in the comment section people are responding to this as if it's a common occurrence.   We could use less division in our society not more, I'd expect more from those who claim to be of high moral standards.

Edited by Bonky

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,188
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The only time that has ever happened to me, we invited them to come over and join us for lunch.....   and was shocked when they did.   Turned out to be a positive experience for us all....    they were not as bad as we thought they would be and we were much more open to them than they thought we would be....   but that was many years ago and here in the Bible Belt.   I understand that folks can be really testy these days.

If you really want to get their goat, get the waitress to bring you their bill and pay it for them....

Edited by other one

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Rarely have I seen people holding hands around a table in a restaurant praying.I admire that :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,248
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Rarely have I seen people holding hands around a table in a restaurant praying.I admire that :)

Yeah and never washing feet :blink:

:o

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Huh? :huh: