Pamelasv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  910
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,667
  • Content Per Day:  2.01
  • Days Won:  9

Chuck Swindoll once wrote about his witnessing and teaching techniques, "I only show other starving beggars like myself where I found bread."

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Chuck Swindoll once wrote about his witnessing and teaching techniques, "I only show other starving beggars like myself where I found bread."

Well that means he talked about it then.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

Preach the gospel wherever you go, and if necessary, use words.

You know, it actually doesn't say that in the bible anywhere, does it?  In different wording, that is.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

You know, it actually doesn't say that in the bible anywhere, does it?  In different wording, that is.

I never actually said it did...

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,281
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

We went to a Shaky's Pizza for the first time in years.  I shared with the waitress who delivered it to our table that we had eaten dinner at a Shaky's in a small town over 50 years ago on our wedding night.  She was amazed.  Confessing she had just filed for divorce for the 3rd time, she asked what the secret of our success was.  (Thank your Jesus!)  So I told her it really helped when I rededicated my life to God and a few years later my husband was saved.  Then we were both pulling in the same direction with Jesus at the center of our marriage.  She nodded thoughtfully and was called back to work. 

It doesn't take much to plant seeds like this.  It wasn't planned and we weren't given much time.  Hopefully it made a difference.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/20/1987

I have enjoyed reading these replies very much. So encouraged to see God working! With regards to witnessing, I try to get out of the way and let God do the work. I have handed out tracts, told people about Jesus when they didn't ask (and when they did!), given homeless people goodie bags with nonperishable food and paperback new testaments, and I have simply remained silent when God said to say nothing. Jesus can do so much more than I can, and I try to prayerfully seek His direction in how I interact with everyone. I heard a speaker at church a couple of years ago who was from Iran give his testimony. When he was a child, he lived in an orphanage that had been started and was run by a Christian missionary. The missionary was there for twenty years or so and died, never seeing anyone come to Christ. But this speaker ended up being saved as a result, after the missionary had died. As a Christian, sometimes you don't know exactly what seeds you are planting, simply by living as a reflection of Christ. After all, aren't we all missionaries here on earth, waiting to go home?

In our natural life our ambitions change as we grow, but in the Christian life the goal is given at the very beginning, and the beginning and the end are exactly the same, namely, our Lord Himself. We start with Christ and we end with Him— “…till we all come…to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ…” (Ephesians 4:13), not simply to our own idea of what the Christian life should be. The goal of the missionary is to do God’s will, not to be useful or to win the lost. A missionary is useful and he does win the lost, but that is not his goal. His goal is to do the will of his Lord.

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
Eph 2:9  not of works, lest anyone should boast.
Eph 2:10  For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  70
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.67
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

In the Worthy Christian Forums chatroom, I try to point people to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,738
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

in fact it, its normally attributed to Francis of Assisi-though theres some debate upon whether he actually said it or not, and he was a bit of a nutjob if you ask me-but I like the quote nonetheless. Actions do speak louder then words, you can say all the words you want, if your actions dont back them up, they are just wasted breath.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.67
  • Days Won:  37

in fact it, its normally attributed to Francis of Assisi-though theres some debate upon whether he actually said it or not, and he was a bit of a nutjob if you ask me-but I like the quote nonetheless. Actions do speak louder then words, you can say all the words you want, if your actions dont back them up, they are just wasted breath.

Exactly, just like James wrote about faith and works  -

James 2:18

“You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Actions speak louder than words.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

We are called to do both.  Use words and demonstrate our faith through works.  Patriot has it right.  We find out a persons true faith under pressure through testing.  Abraham offered up his child.  

The bible also says don't let your mouth write checks that your unable to cash.  You may not recognize that as a true statement because I used a loose modern paraphrase to reveal truth.