IGNORED

SO has all prophecy been fulfilled yet or not?

Paragon78

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am little confused, I found these verses in the bible where Jesus said not the smallest part of the law would be changed until all things was fulfilled. Yet clearly the laws have been done away with and changed according to Paul's teachings. What can this mean? 

Mat_5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 

Heb 7:11  If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 
Heb 7:12  For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. 

Col 2:13  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 
Col 2:14  Blotting(erasing) out the handwriting of ordinances(laws) that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 

Can someone please help me out with this. I have other scriptures also that are little confusing, but id like to start with these.

God Bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

not

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Question: "Have any aspects of end times prophecy been fulfilled?"

Answer: 
Revelation 4:1 introduces a section of Scripture that details “things which must be hereafter.” What follows are prophecies of the “end times.” We have not yet reached the tribulation, the revelation of the Antichrist, or other “end-time” events. What we do see is a “preparation” for those events.

Jesus said that the last days would be preceded by several things: many false Christs would come, deceiving many; we would “hear of wars and rumors of wars”; and there would be an increase in “famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in diverse places. All these are the beginning of sorrows” (Matthew 24:5-8). Today’s news is full of false religions, warfare, and natural disasters. We know that events of the tribulation period will include all that Jesus predicted (Revelation 6:1-8); current events seem to be a build-up for greater trouble ahead.

Paul warned that the last days would bring a marked increase in false teaching. “In later times, some will abandon the faith, and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons” (1 Timothy 4:1). The last days are described as “perilous times” because of the increasingly evil character of man and because of people who actively “oppose the truth” (2 Timothy 3:1-9; also see 2 Thessalonians 2:3). The list of things people will be in the last days—lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power—(2 Timothy 3:1-2) seems to fit our modern age exactly.

Can there be any doubt that the prophecies concerning apostasy are being fulfilled? Our 21st-century world has embraced moral relativism, a philosophy which is tainting even the church. For example, many denominations are having a hard time defining marriage as being between one man and one woman, and many religious leaders today are openly supporting homosexuality. The Bible has become subordinate to the modern church’s quest for a more appealing “truth.” These are indeed “perilous times” spiritually.

The formation of the European Union—and the fact that we have a reunified Germany—is very interesting in light of biblical prophecy. The “ten toes” of Daniel 2:42 and the ten-horned beasts of Daniel 7:20 and Revelation 13:1 are references to a “revived” Roman Empire which will hold power before Christ returns. Although the precise political structure has yet to be formed, the pieces can be seen as falling into place.

In 1948, Israel was recognized as a sovereign state, and this, too, has ramifications for the student of Scripture. God promised Abram that his posterity would have Canaan as “an everlasting possession” (Genesis 17:8), and Ezekiel prophesied a physical and spiritual resuscitation of Israel (Ezekiel 37). Having Israel as a nation in its own land is important in light of end-time prophecy, because of Israel’s prominence in eschatology (Daniel 10:1411:41;Revelation 11:8).

While there is no biblical proof that the things mentioned above are prophecy fulfilled, we can see how many of these events are similar to what the Bible describes. In any case, we are to be watching for prophecy fulfilled because Jesus told us that the day of the Lord—His return for His own—would come like a thief in the night (2 Peter 3:10), unexpected and unannounced. “Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man" (Luke 21:36).

http://www.gotquestions.org/fulfilled-prophecy.html

Edited by bopeep1909

I understand what you guys are saying, but can anyone explain those verses? I mean Jesus said it, did he lie or was he mistaken? 

And Concerning anti-christ, John the Apostle explained who anti-christ was I thought, and said that the anti-christ had already come and there was many anti-Christ in the world already.

Jn_4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 

1Jn_2:18  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time

1Jn_2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. \

I'd actually like to hear more clear explanation on this.

You said "Paul warned that the last days would bring a marked increase in false teaching." But false teachings and false prophets have been going on since before Christ walked the earth, even Jesus himself spoke of this things giving council to his apostles. And the apostle Paul spoke of these in 2 Cor. quite a bit, speaking of those in the world that were false Prophets. 

You also said "we are to be watching for prophecy fulfilled because Jesus told us that the day of the Lord—His return for His own—would come like a thief in the night (2 Peter 3:10), unexpected and unannounced."

Yet Jesus himself said:

Luk 17:20  And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 
Luk 17:21  Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. 
Mar_14:58  We heard him say, I will destroy this temple that is made with hands, and within three days I will build another made without hands. 

Coming without being able to be observed, seems to me he is speaking of spiritual things right? I don't know. What do you think?  Even still, that does not explain why Jesus would say that nothing in the laws would change until all things have been fulfilled. When it is apparently evident that the laws of the old covenant, which made no man perfect, have been taken aside and nailed to the cross as Paul put it. Can you see why Its a bit confusing to me.

God Bless

Edited by Paragon78

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

I am little confused, I found these verses in the bible where Jesus said not the smallest part of the law would be changed until all things was fulfilled. Yet clearly the laws have been done away with and changed according to Paul's teachings. What can this mean?

First of all, to answer your question, no, all prophecies have not been fulfilled.

Mat_5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

"The Law" is in this context the written Word of God.  So what Jesus said is that nothing will be nullified in Scripture until all things have been fulfilled.  Once a prophecy is fulfilled, it is in effect nullified.

Heb 7:11  If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?  Heb 7:12  For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. 

This is a reference to the Old Covenant. That came to an end at the Cross. So the Levitical Priesthood has been nullified.

Col 2:13  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;  Col 2:14

Blotting(erasing) out the handwriting of ordinances(laws) that was against us

, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way,

nailing it to his cross; 

This is a reference to the guilty verdict which prevailed over humanity in light of all the laws and ordinances of God in the Old Testament. That guilty verdict was cancelled because Christ Himself was made Sin for us, and thereby took away the sins and the guilt of the world.

[SORRY BUT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO QUOTE PROPERLY]

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

What the law says it says to those who are under the law, not everyone has appropriated grace, have they? If not, are they still not under the law?

What the law says it says to those who are under the law, not everyone has appropriated grace, have they? If not, are they still not under the law?

Im sorry I am little confused at what your saying. Are you saying that not everyone has received by Grace the gift which was promised to us? In acts it says that the spirit was poured out upon all flesh, to every creature which is under heaven. The apostle John taught that Jesus was the true light, this light lighteth every person who comes into this world.

Act_2:17  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 

Joh 1:8  He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 
Joh 1:9  That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 

It just sounds like to me from reading the scriptures that we have been translated into the Kingdom of God and are now sitting with Christ in heavenly places, or no?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

The law is still in effect in that it brings us unto Jesus Christ by faith:  Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.   Galatians 3:24    The laws guide us as a schoolteacher to the knowledge that we can't keep it.    As Omegaman said the law is to judge those who haven't accepted Christ as their Redeemer.   For everyone is under the law, but only Jesus Christ fulfilled the law:  4)  But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law.   5)  To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.   Galatians 4:4-5   Only those of us who have accepted Christ aren't under the law any more.  Everyone who has not received Christ as Savoir is under the law still, but with Christ you are under grace.  For we see that when Jesus returns He will take vengeance on those that know not God, and don't obey His Gospel just read Ii Thessalonians 1:7-10.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Mat_5:18  For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 

Heb 7:11  If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? 
Heb 7:12  For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. 

Col 2:13  And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; 
Col 2:14  Blotting(erasing) out the handwriting of ordinances(laws) that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 

Can someone please help me out with this. I have other scriptures also that are little confusing, but id like to start with these.

God Bless

I read somewhere that Melchisedec was actually Shem (Moses' son). I don't know how much stock that is worth, but the theory is interesting. Shem, from the other side of the flood :O. Heb 7:3 may conflict with that theory though. 

Starting in verse 5 of Heb 7, begins what appears a lineage showing how the priesthood, even if in just the loins of Abraham, were shown the greatest priest of all time, the Order of Melchisedec.The seed flows through the tribe of Levi. it's this tribe that receives the tithes from the children of Israel, just as it was Melchisedec receiving the "tithe" from Abraham. 

The above to reason that tithes were NOT the perfection required to save men's souls. (The law shows sin, convicts of sin. The Israelites lived under the judgment of the law). 

I'm curious what the priesthood "being changed" means? Changed from what? or How? Reading further into 13-16, it seems Melchisedek was a natural priest. Meaning, and verse 16 says this, he was not made after a commandment that says "be this way" or "do this here at this specific time". It seems he knew how to be a priest of the most holy God.  

I've found it interesting that there were burnt offerings/sacrifices to God during pre-flood times. Abel gave sacrifices, Noah gave sacrifices (though after the flood. He knew to use the clean animals). The first and best is what was required. And if Melchisedek knew about these offerings and sacrifices, maybe the theory about him being Shem isn't so far off. 

Christ is the finisher/fullfilment of the law. After the order of Melchisedek, meaning he was a natural priest, that fulfilled the law's intent. 

Heb 7:15 KJV: And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest  

Christ fulfilled them all. We are under grace now, glory to God. Welcome to the cycle of forever. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Im sorry I am little confused at what your saying. Are you saying that not everyone has received by Grace the gift which was promised to us? In acts it says that the spirit was poured out upon all flesh, to every creature which is under heaven. The apostle John taught that Jesus was the true light, this light lighteth every person who comes into this world.

Act_2:17  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 

Joh 1:8  He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 
Joh 1:9  That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 

It just sounds like to me from reading the scriptures that we have been translated into the Kingdom of God and are now sitting with Christ in heavenly places, or no?

Our flesh and blood must die (Heb 9:27), then we will see that blessed hope.