OakWood

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

I think metal detectors need to go up everywhere.Other detector devices as well.

Metal detectors go along with bans. Im not as game as you are to surrender freedoms. 

Besides, there are plastic guns that can kill.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/06/tech/innovation/3d-gun-video/

Yes,there are plastic guns which I was not aware of.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I think metal detectors need to go up everywhere.Other detector devices as well.

so you want to live in a police state, in a constant state of fear?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

will we have much of a choice?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Interesting.  Everywhere I look, I see the same.  A criminal commits a crime and the innocent get punished.  The criminal mind is a sick mind.  Deal with this and the rest will work itself out.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

And before anyone makes an observation about the source of mexican guns .....

The guns with serial numbers can often be traced to the us (17%). But there is a far larger number of guns without serial numbers in mexico that are not from the us. It has been estimated that 83% of the guns in mexico were purchased from non us black market sources. This is determined based on a lack of serial numbers (not ones that were removed) and the overall design of the guns are not ones made in the us. 

Gee, I wonder if those numbers are cited to take focus off of the fact that it was the Obama administration, that supplied 2000 of those guns (Phoenix office of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) or that the Bush administration also supplied guns to Mexico before that.

It is also interesting to note, that gun prosecutions are down under Obama, compared with the Bush administration - if Obama wants to act all tough on guns, I wouldn't mind knowing the reasons for this.

2000 guns are a drop in the bucket to the guns in mexico used by the criminals.

Im quite disturbed that any us politician/administration gave guns to mexicans. I know someone whose husband was supposed to be working with brian terry the day he was killed. Im upset at our govt for that death and for the reckless things they are doing to the border patrol. 

Well, I will never consider 2000 guns to be a drop in a bucket. In any case it was over 2000, and that is just what we know about, remember, this is a gov't keeping secrets from itself, not just from the people, and to make matters worse, these were specifically sold to people who where believed to be criminals with ties to the the drug gangs.

These were not just cap pistols either:

640px-Weapons_Seized_Naco_Sonora_20_Nov_

In fact,some of the guns used in the shootout where Brian Terry was killed, were from this batch of specific guns. So, maybe it was only 2000 plus guns, but some of those very guns resulted in the deaths of Broan Terry and others.

If I had a gun, and it was in my locked home, and a burglar broke in and stole it, and it was later discovered to have belonged to me and was used in a crime -  there is little chance that I would have of avoiding sanctions for not making diligent effort to keep the gun safely out of the wrong hands. How much more is that the case, when gov't officials insure intentionally, that guns get into the hands of criminals?

To my way of thinking, everyone involved in that operation and in hiding evidence about it, should have lost their jobs. Of course, in the real world, they will retire and collect fat pensions at the tax payer's expense, which is more money than I ever got from working. In a better world, they would still be taxpayer supported, but living in a penitentiary.

This has been an Omegaman editorial. Qualified people with oposing points of view . . . 

. . . . don't exist!

Edited by Omegaman 3.0

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

not if we continue to run and hide like we have been for the last 40+ years. 

Guest shiloh357

There is a big difference between buying insurance and buying a gun.  How you protect yourself is the issue.

Since guns are carried for self-protection why is this an issue?

There are people who are very uncomfortable with the idea of carrying guns.    There are people who feel it is not how God calls us to protect ourselves, that self protection stops at the point of doing to someone else what they are about to do to you.

The question they raise is, did the Apostles carry weapons?   Did believers who faced extreme persecution in the first centuries carry weapons to protect themselves?

This is not as simple an issue as buying house insurance or homeowner's insurance, etc. and I don't believe one should try to make it be.  There are life and death ethical questions one must deal with in getting a gun that one does not have to deal with when buying insurance.

The apostles did carry weapons. Peter carried a sword.

when?

Luke 22

36 And He said to them, But now, he who has a purse, let him take it , and likewise his wallet. And he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.
37 For I say to you that this which is written must yet be accomplished in Me, "And he was reckoned among the transgressors"; for the things concerning Me have an end.
38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And He said to them, It is enough.

That was before Jesus suffered, died and was buried and rose again on the third day and ascended into heaven.

That was under the Old Covenant.

When did Peter carry a sword after Jesus Ascended and the Holy Spirit came?

Yes, but everything Jesus taught was under the Old Covenant.  So anything Jesus said, if we don't like it, we can brush it off as being under the "Old Covenant?"    You really need to think things through before posting nonsense like that.

Guest shiloh357

There have actually been fatalities in the news where I live of a person being angry because the person on the two lane highway is going too slow :huh:.

And where I live, aggressive driving is getting much worse - and it's just recently too. Everyone in my family has commented on it, asking "have you noticed?"  

I have almost been rear-ended several times in the last week, and this used to hardly ever happen.  Reckless passing and lane changes, high speeds, etc, etc, etc.

If gun control becomes a law most people will not care.They will do it anyway.I see people breaking the law everyday.Using cellphone and texting when it is illegal.They don't care.People thumb their noses at laws.

You might meet a person and think they are the nicest person in the world but they can have the tendency to loose it.

If "gun control" becomes a law??"    There are all kinds of gun control laws in the books already.   The only people violating them are people with nefarious intentions.  There are millions of gun owners in the US and 99.9% follow the law.   

Why does everyone think the way to stop criminals from getting guns is to take guns away from people who are not criminals and are not breaking the law???   How does passing laws that criminalize gun ownership stop criminals from committing gun violence?

That many huh?How do you know that or is that just what people say?Like I said gun control is not going to help.We will always have those who get them illegally.And there will always be those who will pass a background check who maybe really shouldn't have them.

Compare the tens of millions of legal gun owners with the number of guys like the one in Oregon.   It's not like we have millions of mass shootings like that every week. Why is it that there is one incident like this and suddenly all gun owners are suspect?

That is a good comparison but only one person like the College shooting gets ahold of a gun and it is a tragedy.Not a mass but one is way too much.Just ask the families.

I realize that, but it is no reason for people to demonize gun ownership.

Drano is used to make Meth.   Should we assume something nefarious about someone just because they bought a bottle of Drano?

Comparing Meth and guns?

I am pointing out how ridiculous the argument about gun control is.   One guy goes out and kills a bunch of people, so that means that gun ownership is evil and we need to take the guns away from people and criminalize gun ownership for those who have never murdered or hurt anyone, especially with a gun.  

The point about Meth is to show how ridiculous the gun control argument is.    We will not ban chemical used to make Meth.  Meth has taken a lot of lives.   But we don't ban the over-the-counter products that go into making Meth.  No one makes that argument because it is a ridiculous argument.  It is equally ridiculous when applied to guns.

In the past, the gun control advocates have wanted to even make it possible to sue gun manufacturers if a person commits a crime with one of their guns.  They created "gun free" zones like this one in Oregon, making regular people targets,   They want to take guns away from everyone and criminalize gun ownership.  They politicize tragedies like this one to make that case.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

not if we continue to run and hide like we have been for the last 40+ years. 

The whole point of the government trying to control the possession of guns by law-abiding citizens is to create a police state. The Second Amendment was wisely placed there to prevent that.  Therefore there is an attack on the Second Amendment by the left liberals who eventually want their own brand of fascism in the USA. As we speak it is the government which is attacking both the liberties of citizens as well as their moral and spiritual values.  And the saddest spectacle is that those who were supposed to protect this nation from tyranny (the Republicans with their majorities) have betrayed the people. 

At the same time, this same government (and its justice system) ensure that criminals get every possible break, so that those who go around murdering people can continue doing so with impunity.  You can thank the liberal judges for this wonderful state of affairs, where criminals are royalty while law-abiding citizens lose their privacy and their freedoms.  The biggest mistake that has been made is that all the non-political candidates for President did not band together and create an independent political party (with the support of the Tea Party and its supporters) to uphold the Constitution and restore America to what the Constitution envisioned -- one nation UNDER GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

When did Peter carry a sword after Jesus Ascended and the Holy Spirit came?

The truth is we don't know one way or another.  We do know that the Lord gave his disciples the liberty to purchase swords for their own personal safety and well being. The Lord also said that the sword was given to rulers to control criminals, which today would translate into the death penalty.  So on one hand, the death penalty was removed (or assaulted) which would prevent many crimes of violence, while on the other hand the lawful possession of guns was assaulted to prevent citizens from dealing with tyranny.

And the politicians who pledged to serve the people not only allowed this but encouraged it. This is the result of political and theological liberalism, which reflects the moral decay of America.  No wonder the rest of the world is laughing. Therefore Donald Trumps position on the Second Amendment should be commended, and Trump himself should be commended for taking positions which the politicians failed to take.