IGNORED

Pope vs. Gunowners

Guest shiloh357

Guest AFlameOfFire

Although, when I look up the kind of gun the vatican police use it shows the Koch MP5 sub-machine gun

vatican03-secuurity--400x300.jpg

You can see them demonstrated over at youtube, but wouldnt that be considered a weapon of war?

The context of his remarks are war.

He said nothing about use by civil servants or private use.

And the weapons of war are much more heavy duty than that.

Do you see them carrying missile launchers?

Stinger
FIM-92 Stinger USMC.JPG

javelinmp_h15s.jpg

Iran-revealed-details-of-its-Maiagh-shou

You edited your post, The Heckler and Koch is the world second largest manufacturer of handguns, assault rifles, submachine gines and grenade launchers they are all the carnal "weapons of war".

All Heckler and Koch machine guns

UTK_PGK_Assault_Team.jpg

444063.jpg

National-Security-Guard.jpg

heckler-and-koch-hk-mp5_4.jpg

MP59mm_460x306px.jpg?h=299&mh=299&mw=460

u-s-marines-from-alpha-fleet-anti-terror

Guest AFlameOfFire

Okay, so the pope is cool with citizens having these machine guns, because he wasnt really adressing them (or machine guns( his own civil servants use)  the pope just wants all millitarys to stop using stingers?

Am I catching his drift better?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.67
  • Days Won:  37

Okay, so the pope is cool with citizens having these machine guns, because he wasnt really adressing them (or machine guns( his own civil servants use)  the pope just wants all millitarys to stop using stingers?

Think about how far military weapons go beyond what is used by civilians and civil servants.   We aren't just talking hand held weapons we see in civilian use.

Notice he never says gun.

Notice he only speaks of war.

Guest AFlameOfFire

Think about how far military weapons go beyond what is used by civilians and civil servants.   We aren't just talking hand held weapons we see in civilian use.

I dont even know that is supposed to mean, he speaks of war now (not weapons of war now).

The goal posts feel like they are shifting here, I show what the vatican police carry which are machine guns (used as weapons of war in wars by soldiers) made by the second largest manufacturer of all the same. You show me stingers (point to those) yet come back and clarify he never says gun, can you tell me where he says stinger?

But I cant notice what he says he doesnt speak English and I dont speak his language, and hasnt the gift of tongues to come in loud and clear so that I can understand him but he has lots of folks speaking for him and interpreting whatever he says, but they do him more harm then good and the conversation just becomes labuorsome, circular and more obscure, never clear. 

I dont even know that is supposed to mean, he speaks of war now (not weapons of war now).

The goal posts feel like they are shifting here, I show what the vatican police carry which are machine guns (used as weapons of war in wars by soldiers) made by the second largest manufacturer of all the same. You show me stingers (point to those) yet come back and clarify he never says gun, can you tell me where he says stinger?

But I cant notice what he says he doesnt speak English and I dont speak his language, and hasnt the gift of tongues to come in loud and clear so that I can understand him but he has lots of folks speaking for him and interpreting whatever he says, but they do him more harm then good and the conversation just becomes labuorsome, circular and more obscure, never clear. 

That's why I linked you a translation.  :)

Guest AFlameOfFire

That just makes everything so clear, thank you

Really being sarcastic isn't going to help things at all.

The media tried to make this something it isn't.

People jumped on the bandwagon and began castigating the pope for saying something he didn't really say.

I provided a translation which shows he wasn't speaking of gun ownership but of weapons of war and what happens in war.

I don't know what else to tell you.

Guest shiloh357

Men have been manufacturing weapons since the beginning. Both the bow and/or a spear was used to hunt beasts (to eat) and to go to war with other peoples. Guns are just another one of the same, to do what the former always did. 

Lots of folks support the manufacture of guns for hunting. Lots of guys love to hunt.

it's not about guns for all their varied uses  - it's about weapons of WAR.    

People who hunt don't use sub machine guns or worse.

It's not

The Pope has at his disposal a 135 man crack commando team called "The Swiss Guard"  and they are heavily armed with the latest and most sophisticated "weapons of war."   The have some of the most sophisticated machine guns and other weapons and their sole purpose is to serve as the Pope's "army."

So, according to you, the Pope is only against the manufacture of weapons of war, but has no problem being defended by those same "evil"  weapons made by those evil weapons manufacturers.

The Pope is a complete hypocrite.   There really is no way around it. 

Guest shiloh357

People jumped on the bandwagon and began castigating the pope for saying something he didn't really say.

I provided a translation which shows he wasn't speaking of gun ownership but of weapons of war and what happens in war.

I don't know what else to tell you.

The media didn't make this out to be something it isn't.   You are simply tasked with defending hypocrisy.   The Pope was not misquoted and he said what he said.   The problem is the hypocritical double standard he has in operation.   He is against the gun manufacturers, but is willing to be defended by those same guns that he claims it is immoral to make or use in war.  

Guest AFlameOfFire

I dont even know that is supposed to mean, he speaks of war now (not weapons of war now

I don't know what else to tell yOU

I jumped on this thread by accident it was the wrong gun thread from my first post, I should have departed from it but in the second page here I was going off of your words speaking of the "weapons of war" at the top of the post your link was on.

Sorry, I just really wanted to cut out of conversing any further on this, its becoming hell to get the reply box to work in this thread, it keeps copying all the threads in and then making it too tight with this red line to type responses in and I need to play around inside of it to actually type. Its just getting annoying.

You dont need to tell me anything, I was just going to forget the post altogether, what he says or does not really should be of interest of concern to me anyway.