IGNORED

Desperate for an Answer!

Guest Wisdom Seeker

Guest Wisdom Seeker

Suzanne: YES! I'm definitely in the Word daily. I have it with me everywhere I go. (I keep it in my backpack.) Without it, I would be lost!

His: Thanks for the scripture reference in your signature. I intend to commit that one to memory!

Angel: Thank you for your prayers! I covet them!

Edited by Wisdom Seeker

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/25/1983

Sorry.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I would llike to ponder something.....the one thing that really jumped out at me was "I hate my father". Now I am no expert in this situation, but I have "heard" that there is a link between homosexuality and relationship (abandoned physically, mentally, emotionally) with the father.

You've mentioned that you have forgiven, but have you reconcilled your relationship? I don't know, just thinking here, not an answer by any means, just speaking to what really struck me.

Love and lifting you up,

Quizzy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Wisdom Seeker, About all I can offer is my prayers, I would have to admit that I know very little of what you are going through.

If you have these feelings and are not acting on them you are doing very well. I will be praying that He will remove the desires from you.

*praying*

se

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

WS,

I pray this will be of some help to you:

When passions are confused

warm regards

-bud

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hi Wisdon Seeker and welcome to Worthy. I really think half of your battle is won. You realize that God did not create you that way as so many believe and your desire is to be free from it. I believe with all my heart as you seek God He is going to set you free from this. I'm praying and again welcome to Worthy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Jesus Christ Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Wisdom Seeker, I salute you! Paul writes about our 'besetting sin;' the one that seems to always trip us up. For every person I suppose it is different. For you it is homosexual feelings, and you are taking the right tack. Resist and fight until Christ brings the deliverance.

It is clear that as a boy you were starved for male attention. You say you've felt this since you were 7? Almost noone is pubescent by that time, so I assume you were not. It is clear then, that at 7 you simply craved attention from a father figure. It is hardly strange that these feelings should become confused with sexual feelings during puberty! That is why I said 'homosexual feelings' instead of 'homosexuality in the 1st paragraph. I do not believe actual 'homosexuality'--as we usually think of it--even exists.

In any event, take comfort in this fact: I have an old friend who is a Christian and a Psychiatrist. In his practice he has seen many homosexuals become exclusively heterosexual. The Method he uses when dealing with Christians suffering from homosexual feelings is simply to tell them to keep living for God! Even though they may fall periodically, he says the important thing is for them to get up, dust themselves off, repent, and GO ON WITH GOD.

As with any other sin people may fall into as Christians, all you need to do is ask for forgiveness, make the Lord some promises....and keep on trucking. The Lord will deliver in His own time.

I had a close friend, who was in your boat, by the way, but he belonged to a VERY condemning and legalistic church, so his besetting sin was a constant 'freak-out' for him, and thus he was never able to overcome it. He was a really great guy. Very intellectual, very polite, loved the Lord, very well spoken...yet because he was always in a state of condemnation, he could never get victory! I was with him when he died of aids at 28 years of age. It was really horrible. But I am sure that I will see him in heaven, where there is no condemnation for him anymore.

Another friend--saved at 17--was in similar circumstance but went to a church where all sin was regarded as sin, but where Christians were accepted as long as they were TRYING to live for the Lord. Again, he was a bright, well-spoken chap, and we have had many many happy conversations. And really quite suddenly at age 22, the Lord simply changed his life one night! Now he's been married for more than 20 years to the same lovely lass, and has 5 children.

PS: He is still artistic, and has good taste! :rofl::P:P

Praying for you, my Brother.

With a blessing,

Leonard, a sinner

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Welcome to the boards, Wisdom Seeker :emot-handshake:

In answer to your question, imo, through Christ's forgiveness and your respentance, homosexuality can be left in the past.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God ? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

-1 Corinthians 6:9-11

(I would reason that since looking on a woman is considered adultery and would make a person an adulterer... if the 'some of you' WERE homosexuals etc... that would mean they are freed from these lusts as well? So one can be free from the desires as well? Just my thoughts :emot-fail: Besides... all things are possible in Christ who gives us strength!)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Welcome to the boards, Wisdom Seeker :emot-handshake:

In answer to your question, imo, through Christ's forgiveness and your respentance, homosexuality can be left in the past.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God ? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

-1 Corinthians 6:9-11

(I would reason that since looking on a woman is considered adultery and would make a person an adulterer... if the 'some of you' WERE homosexuals etc... that would mean they are freed from these lusts as well? So one can be free from the desires as well? Just my thoughts :emot-fail: Besides... all things are possible in Christ who gives us strength!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wonderful Scripture references seraph. A perfect example of the power of God's Word in this matter, or any sexual issue or matter. God is able.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Guest Wisdom Seeker
I would llike to ponder something.....the one thing that really jumped out at me was "I hate my father".  Now I am no expert in this situation, but I have "heard" that there is a link between homosexuality and relationship (abandoned physically, mentally, emotionally) with the father.

You've mentioned that you have forgiven, but have you reconcilled your relationship?  I don't know, just thinking here, not an answer by any means, just speaking to what really struck me.

Love and lifting you up,

Quizzy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quizzy,

Yes, I "hated" my father when I was growing up. He was a traveling salesman and was only home two or three days a week. Beatings took up a good portion of that time. That and a lot of belittling. I'm not blaming my dad, but I'm certain the yearning for a loving father figure/attention is the cause of my situation. I remember watching "Little House on the Prairie" and longing for Michael Landon to be my dad.

I've attempted reconciliation, but my family has no interest. So, I "honor my father and mother" by staying away and leaving them alone. I love them, but to be honest, we were a family of strangers growing up. None of us really even know each other. It's sad, but that's the way it is. I'm happy though. I belong to the family of God and my friends have become my family, too. :emot-handshake:

Thank you for your prayers!