• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Sure Paul, you said God, can do anything. I am merely pointing out that the Bible specifies that there is at least one thing that God cannot do, He cannot lie! As hmbld pointed out, God cannot go againsts His nature. 

Everything is limited by it's nature. You cannot flap you limbs and fly, because it is not your nature to fly, but it is natural for a bird to fly, because it is the bird's nature. 

God does what fits His nature, His nature, is one of perfection, no sin is in Him. We have a nature that unfortunetly, is imperfect, we fall short, we sin. That is why we need a savior.

ok Man.

God Bless you.

Your brother in Christ,

KPaulG.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

If God does not know the future then how can He give us His Word of what is to come?  (This is termed prophecy)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

No, I do not believe anything other than right now exists.

Why?

Because I believe all things exist simultaneously both temporal and eternal, both inside time, where temporal things change but eternal things do not. 

I reject the notion that God exists outside of time but rather that he is unaffected by time.

I welcome any scripture that appears to declare otherwise.

Thank you all for being my teachers!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Why?

Because I believe all things exist simultaneously both temporal and eternal, both inside time, where temporal things change but eternal things do not. 

I reject the notion that God exists outside of time but rather that he is unaffected by time.

Brilliant. 

The scriptures support those concepts.

About being unaffected by time, true in a physical sense, but time and issues can affect Him greatly. He can wait for a thousand years as if it were one day when it comes to mercy, but one day seems like a thousand years when waiting for the redemption of the world.

About time, existence or events only being in the now, "today if you hear His voice...harden not your hearts" Salvation and relating to God is only ever now and not tomorrow which never comes.

And the Bible speaks and compares the changing temporal with the everlasting eternal.

But since God has given us a sense of space/dimensions, as well as time, as a succession of changes or events, and the ability to work, plan and learn within those freedoms, I think He too has those experiences, but in the fullest sense of possessing whatever may or can exist, such as the whole of creation or the universe, as both an accessory or something He can live in.

It says in the Bible that "He rides the heavens" or starry systems. it also says "He humbles Himself to behold" the little things (people) of creation. And it says that He stretched out the heavens (or the universe) as a curtain or tent.

But the Bible also repeatedly says that we cannot comprehend Him. It's God's way of saying "I don't want you to have a headache."

Are you sure Paul?

Titus 1:2

2in the hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised long ages ago, 

That's like asking if GOD can make a rock too big for Him to move. I would think that you would think a little deeper than that with your answer.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Why?

Brilliant. 

The scriptures support those concepts.

About being unaffected by time, true in a physical sense, but time and issues can affect Him greatly. He can wait for a thousand years as if it were one day when it comes to mercy, but one day seems like a thousand years when waiting for the redemption of the world.

About time, existence or events only being in the now, "today if you hear His voice...harden not your hearts" Salvation and relating to God is only ever now and not tomorrow which never comes.

And the Bible speaks and compares the changing temporal with the everlasting eternal.

But since God has given us a sense of space/dimensions, as well as time, as a succession of changes or events, and the ability to work, plan and learn within those freedoms, I think He too has those experiences, but in the fullest sense of possessing whatever may or can exist, such as the whole of creation or the universe, as both an accessory or something He can live in.

It says in the Bible that "He rides the heavens" or starry systems. it also says "He humbles Himself to behold" the little things (people) of creation. And it says that He stretched out the heavens (or the universe) as a curtain or tent.

But the Bible also repeatedly says that we cannot comprehend Him. It's God's way of saying "I don't want you to have a headache."

Lol, thanks for sharing your thoughts on these things!