• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:

A deceptive covenant with Israel by the Antichrist (future)

Please post a scripture that corroborates your interpretation.

We need to see the connection between the breach of the deceptive covenant, which results in the taking away of the daily sacrifice, and the installation of the transgression of desolation (the Abomination of Desolation) from Daniel 8:9-14; 23-25.

The “little horn” is the Antichrist, the pleasant land is Israel

9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

The “little horn” challenges the host of heaven (the holy angels)

10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

The “little horn” challenges the prince of the host (Michael the Archangel)

11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host,

The “little horn” takes away the daily sacrifice of the Temple in Jerusalem

...and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

God allows the Antichrist to desecrate the Temple and to prosper

12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

The desecration of the Temple = being “trodden under foot”

13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

The desecration is allowed for 2,300 days = 6 years and 4 months

14And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed...

The “little horn” = “the king of fierce countenance” = the Antichrist

23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

The Antichrist possessed and empowered by Satan to destroy the saints

24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

The Antichrist’s policy is craftiness and deception, blasphemy against God, a false peace (the false covenant of peace) used to destroy many, a challenge to Christ Himself, but “he shall be broken without hand” (utterly destroyed).

25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

Please post a scripture that corroborates your interpretation.

We need to see the connection between the breach of the deceptive covenant, which results in the taking away of the daily sacrifice, and the installation of the transgression of desolation (the Abomination of Desolation) from Daniel 8:9-14; 23-25.

9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.

...and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

12 And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?

14And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed...

23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

The Antichrist’s policy is craftiness and deception, blasphemy against God, a false peace (the false covenant of peace) used to destroy many, a challenge to Christ Himself, but “he shall be broken without hand” (utterly destroyed).

25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

All that and not one mention of a covenant associated with the man of sin.  You could have saved a lot of time by just saying that you don't have one.  Posting a truckload of irrelevant passages might appear to be something, but it's not.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Error

It's talking about the NEW COVENANT that Christ made, not a covenant that the False Prophet makes.  You are getting your covenants mixed up.  It's about the holy covenant, the New Covenant.

Sister

Christs New Covenant has been ongoing for almost 2,000 years.  Christ did not make a seven year covenant with anyone. (Not in Scripture)  Christ was crucified at the end of the 69th week.  Then it refers to the Destruction of Jerusalem (by Titus) in 70 AD.  And then a final one - seven (the 70th Week) which takes place sometime after 70 AD, but still has not happened as yet.  When the whole world is deceived by the A/C and the False Prophet; one will know the end of days is around the corner.  When the mark of the beast is required to buy or sell, you will know the end is near.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Ezra, I agree with your interpretation of Daniel, Chapter 8.  Only I do not see the desolation of the temple for the entire 2,300 days, but for only 42 months; the 42 months that Jerusalem will be trodden down by the Gentiles.  The 2,300 days is from the time the daily sacrifice begins.  The Jewish people will be allowed to perform the daily sacrifice for a while until it is stopped by the antichrist.  I see the desolation of the temple will be for the 1,260 days period; the time and times and an half..

Edited by Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,584
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Ezra. 

God has provided a blueprint for Israel in the future throughout the Bible, but many Christians, and many theological systems, have simply dismissed it. One of the most concise descriptions of God future plan for Israel is found in Daniel 9:24-27. Below is a breakdown of what is past and what is future, and the Church Age is absent because God would resume His direct dealings with Israel after the Church was completed and caught up at the Resurrection/Rapture.

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people [the Jews] and upon thy holy city [Jerusalem],

70 weeks = 70 seven-year periods = 490 years

to finish the transgression and to make an end of sins,

Sin to be abolished from Israel

and to make reconciliation for iniquity,

Israel to be reconciled to God and to Christ

and to bring in everlasting righteousness,

The Millennial Kingdom and the eternal Kingdom of God to be established

and to seal up the vision and prophecy,

Visions and prophecies to be brought to an end

and to anoint the most Holy.

The Millennial Temple to be erected in Jerusalem

GOD’S TIMELINE FOR ISRAEL

Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem

Cyrus commanded the Jews to restore and rebuild Jerusalem in 536 BC

unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks:

Christ was born  in 4BC

the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Jerusalem was rebuilt during the time of Nehemiah 445 BC

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:

Christ was crucified in 30 AD

and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary;

Jerusalem and the Temple were destroyed in 70 AD by Rome, and the Antichrist to come out of the revived Roman Empire in the future

THE CHURCH AGE IS IN EFFECT AT PRESENT WHILE ISRAEL IS IN BLINDNESS

(Not mentioned here hence the cause of much confusion)

DANIEL'S 70TH WEEK

and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations  are determined.

The Abomination of Desolation  and Armageddon (future)

and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,

The middle of Daniel’s 70th week (future)

and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Devastation to come upon Jerusalem and the city will eventually be destroyed (future).

You were doing just fine until just before the 70th Seven. You said, “Jerusalem and the Temple were destroyed in 70 AD by Rome, and the Antichrist to come out of the revived Roman Empire in the future.” You should have stopped after the first clause. Jerusalem and the Temple were destroyed in 70 AD by Rome and the “prince that shall come” was Titus! It will NOT be continued by some “Antichrist” of the future!

DANIEL'S 70TH WEEK

and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

The Abomination of Desolation was what occurred to the Temple, but the end of it shall be with a flood - that is, the blood flowing to the horses’ bridles! And, to the end of the war, desolations are determined. That is, the desolations have continued since the first century AD up to now and shall continue until Yeshua` is done rescuing His people.

This “he” goes back to the first occurrence of a singular, masculine subject that is NOT part of a prepositional phrase (in English, or a noun construct state in Hebrew), “Messiah” in verse 8. This “he” is NOT the “Antichrist!” This covenant is the DAVIDIC COVENANT, strengthened (confirmed) by the words of His Father God Himself! “This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased,” which fulfilled the promise to David the King:

2 Samuel 7:12-16
12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:
15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.
KJV

1 Chronicles 17:11-14
11 And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.
12 He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever.
13 I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:
14 But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.
KJV

and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease,

After the first half of the Seven (3.5 years), the time that Yeshua` first offered the Kingdom to the Jews and Israel - the earthly “ministry” of His First Advent - it was HE, the MESSIAH, who caused the sacrifice and the oblation to cease:

Hebrews 10:1-18
1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year (Yom Kippur).
4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever
, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
KJV

and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

A whole chapter of Matthew was dedicated to the abominations that they spread out over the nation like a spread out wing, Matthew 23! They REJECTED the Messiah of God as their King, time and time again! What could be more abominable than that?! And, it was HE who "left them desolate, even until the consummation”:

Matthew 23:37-39
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
KJV

And, the things determined against them HAVE been poured upon those left desolate and will CONTINUE to be poured upon them UNTIL things are consummated - completed - finished.

The interesting thing about Yeshua`s prophecy is that He “promised” them that they would not see Him again until they would say, “Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.” This was a quotation from Psalm 118:26:

Psalm 118:22-26
22 The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.
23 This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvellous in our eyes.
24 This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.
25 Save now (Hebrew: “Howshiy`aah naah” = Greek: “Hosanna”), I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD (Hebrew: Baaruwkh habaa’ b-sheem YHWH): we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.
KJV

These first two words, Baaruwkh habaa’, are seen in the plural, Baaruwkhiym habaa’iym, at all the airports and seaports in Israel, as a WELCOME SIGN!

What Yeshua` (Jesus) was saying was that they would not see Him again until they will welcome Him back in the authority of YHWH, that is, as YHWH’s anointed choice for their King.

sign_welcome1.jpg

Roy

Matt 24:15.... - So when you see standing in the holy place the abomination that causes desolation, spoken through the prophet Daniel - Let the reader understand, then let those in Judah flee to the mountains.  Let no one on the roof of his house go down to take anything out of the house...  For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world. Daniel 9:27 is the A/D spoken by Jesus.

Who fled during the crucifixion.  No one did.  Christ arose 3 days later, and later ascended into Heaven. The Disciples were told to wait in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit.  Nobody in Judah fled. And no one chased after them.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Edited by Montana Marv
not right verse number

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,584
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, Montana Marv. 

Roy

Matt 24:15.... - So when you see standing in the holy place the abomination that causes desolation, spoken through the prophet Daniel - Let the reader understand, then let those in Judah flee to the mountains.  Let no one on the roof of his house go down to take anything out of the house...  For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world. Daniel 9:27 is the A/D spoken by Jesus.

Who fled during the crucifixion.  No one did.  Christ arose 3 days later, and later ascended into Heaven. The Disciples were told to wait in Jerusalem for the Holy Spirit.  Nobody in Judah fled. And no one chased after them.

In Christ

Montana Marv

You’re confusing the “Abomination of desolation” with the “abominations that make desolate.” Just because they use words that are similar in English, it doesn’t mean that they are the same thing! The "Abomination of desolation" was the destruction of the Temple, which was telegraphed by the invasion of the Roman army in 66 A.D. It was THEN that they were supposed to flee to the mountains, and history records that they did just that!

The “abominations that made them desolate,” an entirely different thing, were the rejections of God’s choice for King after He made it PLAIN (through the miracles that Yeshua` was able to do by the Father’s power) that He was indeed HIS Choice, HIS Anointed, HIS Messiah!

In Matthew 24, Yeshua` is warning His disciples - ALL of them, not just the Twelve - against the coming invasion! That portion of Matthew 24 was NOT fulfilled in OUR future; it was fulfilled in THEIR future, our PAST! Not to come down from the roof makes no sense in our day, even in modern Jerusalem! Very few living in Jerusalem today actually live in the Old City. It was in the PAST that taking the "Road of the Rooftops” to escape the Old City by going over the walls made any sense.

And, what difference would it make to anyone but an Israelite to pray that their escape not be on the Shabbat (Sabbath)? And, if their escape had been on the Shabbat or in the winter when traveling was more difficult, it WOULD HAVE BEEN an unequalled, great distress! But, they obeyed Yeshua` and prayed such to the Father, and their escape was NOT so hindered! And, believe me, the Romans sure DID chase after them, but their war machines were made for level ground, not hill country.

Edited by Retrobyter

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Error

It's talking about the NEW COVENANT that Christ made, not a covenant that the False Prophet makes.  You are getting your covenants mixed up.  It's about the holy covenant, the New Covenant.

Sorry Sister, but you have missed the connection between the breaking of the covenant and the desolations which come upon Jerusalem and Judah.  Please read that passage carefully and see the connection between the Abomination of Desolation and this false covenant.  This passage has nothing to do with the New Covenant.

Ezra

I'm quoting this scripture here;

Daniel 9:27   And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

When you see the word "he", it is speaking of the same person. It doesn't switch.  He who confirms the covenant is he who also makes the land desolate.

Jeremiah 6:8   Be thou instructed, O Jerusalem, lest my soul depart from thee; lest I make thee desolate, a land not inhabited.

It's God that makes them desolate, not the enemy.  To be desolate is to be spiritually dry, thirsty.  To be without water (truth).  Because of this desolation, more desolations come sending them further into darkness by being deceived by the enemy right up to the last days, the greatest deception ever to come upon the whole earth.

Jeremiah 7:34   Then will I cause to cease from the cities of Judah, and from the streets of Jerusalem, the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride: for the land shall be desolate.

Shalom, Montana Marv. 

Roy

In Christ

Montana Marv

You’re confusing the “Abomination of desolation” with the “abominations that make desolate.” Just because they use words that are similar in English, it doesn’t mean that they are the same thing! The "Abomination of desolation" was the destruction of the Temple, which was telegraphed by the invasion of the Roman army in 66 A.D. It was THEN that they were supposed to flee to the mountains, and history records that they did just that!

The “abominations that made them desolate,” an entirely different thing, were the rejections of God’s choice for King after He made it PLAIN (through the miracles that Yeshua` was able to do by the Father’s power) that He was indeed HIS Choice, HIS Anointed, HIS Messiah!

In Matthew 24, Yeshua` is warning His disciples - ALL of them, not just the Twelve - against the coming invasion! That portion of Matthew 24 was NOT fulfilled in OUR future; it was fulfilled in THEIR future, our PAST! Not to come down from the roof makes no sense in our day, even in modern Jerusalem! Very few living in Jerusalem today actually live in the Old City. It was in the PAST that taking the "Road of the Rooftops” to escape the Old City by going over the walls made any sense.

And, what difference would it make to anyone but an Israelite to pray that their escape not be on the Shabbat (Sabbath)? And, if their escape had been on the Shabbat or in the winter when traveling was more difficult, it WOULD HAVE BEEN an unequalled, great distress! But, they obeyed Yeshua` and prayed such to the Father, and their escape was NOT so hindered! And, believe me, the Romans sure DID chase after them, but their war machines were made for level ground, not hill country.

Roy

I am not confusing anything. 

There is only one abomination that causes desolation mentioned in Daniel and that is Dan 9:27.  It is also referenced in Dan 12:11.   Daniel 12:1 - At that time, Michael, the great prince who protects your people will arise.  There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of the nations, until then.  But at that time your people (Israel) - everyone whose name is found written in the book will be delivered. v.4 - But you Daniel close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end.  Many will go here and there to increase knowledge.  v. 7b - It will be for a time, times and half a time (3 1/2 years or 1,260 days).  When the power of the holy people has been finally broken, all these things will be completed.  v.9 - go your way Daniel, because the words are closed up and sealed until the time of the end.  v.11 - From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up there will be 1,290 days.  v12 - Blessed is the one who waits for and reaches the end of the 1,355 days.  v 13 _ as for you (Daniel), go your way till the end.  You will rest, and then at the end of the days you will arise to receive your allotted inheritance.

So did Rome defeat Michael.  Israel was not delivered to safety or protected.  They became bond slaves and were sent into captivity by ;Rome.   So, when was the power of the holy people finally broken.  They were described as the unfaithful  wife (harlot) in Hosea.  They were already desolate before Jesus came on the scene, nothing changed.  That is what the 70 - Sevens are all about.  The power of the holy people are finally broken at the Second Coming, when they see the one who they have pierced.  All their sins and iniquities, transgressions are removed in one day. They have gone from Unbelief to Belief, and thus fulfilled the six tasks of Daniel 9:24.  So did Daniel arise and receive his allotted inheritance at the end of 70 AD.  I know he did not.  Still future, as is the final One - Seven.  BTW, a One - Seven is 7 continuous years with no division or split.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Error

Sister

Christs New Covenant has been ongoing for almost 2,000 years.  Christ did not make a seven year covenant with anyone. (Not in Scripture)  Christ was crucified at the end of the 69th week.  Then it refers to the Destruction of Jerusalem (by Titus) in 70 AD.  And then a final one - seven (the 70th Week) which takes place sometime after 70 AD, but still has not happened as yet.  When the whole world is deceived by the A/C and the False Prophet; one will know the end of days is around the corner.  When the mark of the beast is required to buy or sell, you will know the end is near.

In Christ

Montana Marv

Montanna Marv

Yes the New Covenant has been ongoing for almost 2000 years, but it was "confirmed" by Christ and his apostles first. They are our teachers.  They were with Christ and testified that all he spoke was true.  Because of their "confirmation" with "Christ's", we have the NT.  It wasn't a 7 year contract, but he's revealing it was only confirmed in 7 years.

How can you say Christ was  crucified at the end of the 69th week when it says this;

Daniel 9:26   .......And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off,

Cut off means crucified.  They didn't have Christ after this, because his job was done concerning Israel. Then the people of the prince (Titus) come and destroy the temple.  Not straight away, but in week 70.

By the way, the Anti-christ and the false prophet are the same man.  God never calls him the Anti-christ, but calls him the False Prophet.  There's one, not two.  I know this is all coming MM, about the mark of the beast and that it is soon,  but it's not that 70th week as spoken in Daniel, for that is already fulfilled.  That's all I am trying to show.