IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, shiloh357 said:

That's a little naive.  Our supernatural bodies will have no need of nutrition.

I am not spiritualizing anything.  I am taking it literally.   It doesn't say anything about keeping the Sabbath.   It is talking about worship and worship is not limited to one day a week.    It is talking about the flow of worshipers that will become every day from week to week and month to month.   That's what it is saying.

So what will mark the week?

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Why would a human have to resort to slaughtering Gods creatures for nothing less that to suit a carnal desire, when there will be an abundance of food.

Its absolutely absurd , my mind cannot fathom that kind of thinking.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

5 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That's a little naive.  Our supernatural bodies will have no need of nutrition.

Nowhere does the Bible describe our bodies as being 'supernatural', whatever that means. It reveals we will live for ever, yes, but nowhere does that suggest we will not require food in order to keep it in a healthy condition...even Jesus ate after His resurrection...and to suggest that we won't be able to eat of the tree of life with  its 12 fruits is absurd. You are going to extreme lengths just to defend your "right" to eat swines flesh. Yet no-one is forbidding you from doing so. We are merely pointing out that it is Biblically or scripturally inadvisable to do so...the Manufacturer's specific instructions on how to care for our bodies is clear. He told Adam what was food and what wasn't. He told Noah what was food and what wasn't. He told Israel what was food and what wasn't. He reminded the NT church to continue to abstain from blood and things strangled.
God has not changed the basic genetic makeup of predatorial eaters of carrion just to suit the uninhibited tastes and unbridled appetites of Christians. Yet you have your freewill. No-one can fore you to eat anything or to abstain from anything. It is like putting sugar into your petrol tank. You do so at your own risk.

Here is some texts about eating in the new earth. I can't believe these texts can go unseen & people thing we don't eat o the new earth?. obviously they have taken verses out of context.  It will possibly fall on deaf ears.

Isaiah 65:21-25.  Lk.22:18, Mt.8:11,  Rev 2:7,  Jn. 21:4-14, Rev. 19:9. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

This isn't technically in the bible but I figured I'd share with you a chain of events that are linked to this topic that my church teaches.  

The food that you eat gets broken down into blood.  

That blood is used to feed your brain.

Your brain is what houses your mind.

Your mind is what you use to think.

Your thought is what produces your actions.

Your actions repeated is what forms your habits.

Your habits produce your character.

Your character determines your destiny.  

Pretty interesting.

Guest shiloh357

Nowhere does the Bible describe our bodies as being 'supernatural', whatever that means.

We will have supernatural bodies that will be indestructible, impervious to death and disease and we will be like Jesus in that sense.  We will be living in a supernatural environment.

It reveals we will live for ever, yes, but nowhere does that suggest we will not require food in order to keep it in a healthy condition...even Jesus ate after His resurrection.

But Jesus only ate to prove that he was not a spirit or a phantom, that he was really standing there.

..and to suggest that we won't be able to eat of the tree of life with  its 12 fruits is absurd.

I didn't say anything about the tree of life.   I said that our bodies will not require nutrition like they do now. 

You are going to extreme lengths just to defend your "right" to eat swines flesh. Yet no-one is forbidding you from doing so. We are merely pointing out that it is Biblically or scripturally inadvisable to do so

I am not defending any right to eat anything.  I am speaking against any doctrine that says that Christians are obligated to avoid certain foods.

...the Manufacturer's specific instructions on how to care for our bodies is clear.

There are no instructions given to humanity concerning what we eat in relation  to health.

He told Adam what was food and what wasn't. He told Noah what was food and what wasn't.

They were not given any set of instructions regarding dietary restrictions related to any particular animal.  In fact, concerning Noah, all animals were permitted to be eaten.

He told Israel what was food and what wasn't. He reminded the NT church to continue to abstain from blood and things strangled.

Those are two different things.  Israel is Israel.  What was given to Israel isn't necessarily given to the church.   As for the church, the Jewish leadership gave for rules to the Gentiles, but these were based on the bare minimum of what was required for table fellowship with the Jews.

God has not changed the basic genetic makeup of predatorial eaters of carrion just to suit the uninhibited tastes and unbridled appetites of Christians. Yet you have your freewill. No-one can fore you to eat anything or to abstain from anything. It is like putting sugar into your petrol tank. You do so at your own risk.

That's not the issue.  The issue surrounds the way the SDA makes these things to be salvation issues. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

the manufacturer is that akin to The Creator

WE obviously worship from the same bible.

God Bless brother

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I was told the book of Hebrews does not pertain to Gentiles ie Christians of the new covenant

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

Under the New Covenant eating pork is not a salvation issue.

But it is always going to be a health issue.

Pork simply is not healthy, mainly because a hog is a scavenger God designed to cleanse the earth. Its system can digest just about anything, and it retains those poisons from scavenging. (I was raised on bacon, sausage, and country ham by the way).

That is why the pig is not on God's healthy list of foods He created to be received written in His laws. Same reason shell fish is not on His healthy food list also, since shell fish are scavengers also.

Contrast that with beef, deer, elk, etc. What do those kind of animals eat? They eat grains and are not scavengers. This is why these kind of animals are on God's healthy food list. It's easy to see the difference in cleanliness of system.