IGNORED

DO YOU BELIEVE ITS OKAY TO EAT PORK, AS A BELIEVER IN GOD ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

15 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

Paul said he became all things to all people, to the Jew as a Jew, to the gentile as a gentile - because he was free in Christ to do so.

Peter also did the same, and ate with the gentiles their food.   When the Jews who held that the law must be kept came, Peter, who had been eating with the gentiles, changed his behavior because he was afraid of them, and Paul rebuked him for his hypocrisy

• Gal 2   11But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12For prior to the coming of certain men from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he began to withdraw and hold himself aloof, fearing the party of the circumcision

This is not stating Peter ate unclean food.  This is when Peter kept company with the Gentiles and eat and had fellowship with them.  Then when the men from James came, Peter did not want them to see him in the company of Gentiles.  Peter pulled away and did not associate with the Gentiles because of his hypocrisy.  Paul rebuked him for this.  Again, nothing to do with eating unclean food.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

2 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

lol thanks , this is fun and I needed that laugh.

1 minute ago, Shar said:

This is not stating Peter ate unclean food.  This is when Peter kept company with the Gentiles and eat and had fellowship with them.  Then when the men from James came, Peter did not want them to see him in the company of Gentiles.  Peter pulled away and did not associate with the Gentiles because of his hypocrisy.  Paul rebuked him for this.  Again, nothing to do with eating unclean food.

that's right , correct , and proven by scripture, your doing a great Job, shar, keep it hot,  and preach the word, lol

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

8 minutes ago, Shar said:

It specifically says "used to EAT with the Gentiles."

He also said to Peter:

But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

Peter lived like a Gentile - NOT as do the Jews, but as do the GENTILES.  And this would include EATING with them as one of them, and not as the Jews eat.

Again, this is what I find in scripture:

• Gal 2   11But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12For prior to the coming of certain men from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he began to withdraw and hold himself aloof, fearing the party of the circumcision

I'm sorry, but I don't see support for your position.  I know you do, but I see the opposite.

We can agree to disagree. :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

3 minutes ago, Shar said:

I would appreciate a response to my question.  

i think therese has said what else i would also say.
the law of love is to govern our actions. if we ever eat together, there will be no BBQ at the table, for the sake of your conscience. but whoever can eat even a thing sacrificed to an idol without guilt, and be thankful to God for it - how can i accuse him or her? didn't God tell Noah also, 

Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.
(Genesis 9:3) 

but about Isaiah 66 -- it does bear on this discussion, and verse 3 is part of the same prophecy as verse 17. it is the context with which v. 17 should be understood. there in 3, the Lord clearly says that those who offer grain - acceptable under Moses - are as those who offer pigs blood - abomination under Moses. additionally there are 3 more comparisons the Lord makes with outwardly kosher sacrifices, speaking of them as abominable. why does He say this?? isn't it because of what they chose in their hearts, as He says? 
so also, when Christ says that evil comes from within our hearts, not from what comes into our mouths, He is in keeping with Isaiah 66, and Isaiah 1, where the Lord says 'Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me!
when the heart is wicked, what is outwardly clean is the same as abomination before Him.

10 minutes ago, Spock said:

Sinner and shar,

so you two (batman and robin, lol) seem to believe "it is too difficult" for Gentiles to NOT eat porky.  Hmmmmm

if they think that is to difficult wait until they find out about plucking out your eye when it begins to lust, or turn the other cheek when someone slanders your name. 

LOL

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

Just now, thereselittleflower said:

I'm sorry, but I don't see support for your position.  I know you do, but I see the opposite.

agree to disagree is of the evil one, scripture is not of guess and taken lightly, it is the holy Word of God , and Yashua gave His life , so that you would have salvation, to agree to disagree means to give up , or completely reject the others view, I my self don't agree with others some times, but I will not let it go , I will search the scriptures , and be humble to the advise, for the advise and responses are of love and understanding , so that we are all one in the name of the lord, , for the differences is lack of motivation to really dig deep

and learn of His word, but any way , where is my answer you so are dodging me  Isaiah 66 15-17. please I will be waiting, thank you ,

5 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

If I EAT with you, it does not mean I eat the same thing.  You and I may go out to eat dinner.  I am eating with you, but that does not mean I am eating the same thing you are eating.

1 minute ago, SINNERSAVED said:

agree to disagree is of the evil one, scripture is not of guess and taken lightly, it is the holy Word of God , and Yashua gave His life , so that you would have salvation, to agree to disagree means to give up , or completely reject the others view, I my self don't agree with others some times, but I will not let it go , I will search the scriptures , and be humble to the advise, for the advise and responses are of love and understanding , so that we are all one in the name of the lord, , for the differences is lack of motivation to really dig deep

and learn of His word, but any way , where is my answer you so are dodging me  Isaiah 66 15-17. please I will be waiting, thank you ,

I'm sorry, but you are wrong to say this.  

23 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

you refuse to see what is given to show why , and you stick to your own belief , and you have not still answered my question, of Isaiah 66, 15 -17, and I know why you will not answer me , because this is what you cannot explain, and if you try you know it be twisting scripture , so are you going to explain this scripture I gavre you  and stop dancing around, ?

I refuse to accept your error my friend.  That is all.

5 minutes ago, post said:

i think therese has said what else i would also say.
the law of love is to govern our actions. if we ever eat together, there will be no BBQ at the table, for the sake of your conscience. but whoever can eat even a thing sacrificed to an idol without guilt, and be thankful to God for it - how can i accuse him or her? didn't God tell Noah also, 

Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.
(Genesis 9:3) 

but about Isaiah 66 -- it does bear on this discussion, and verse 3 is part of the same prophecy as verse 17. it is the context with which v. 17 should be understood. there in 3, the Lord clearly says that those who offer grain - acceptable under Moses - are as those who offer pigs blood - abomination under Moses. additionally there are 3 more comparisons the Lord makes with outwardly kosher sacrifices, speaking of them as abominable. why does He say this?? isn't it because of what they chose in their hearts, as He says? 
so also, when Christ says that evil comes from within our hearts, not from what comes into our mouths, He is in keeping with Isaiah 66, and Isaiah 1, where the Lord says 'Stop bringing meaningless offerings! Your incense is detestable to me!
when the heart is wicked, what is outwardly clean is the same as abomination before Him.

That was G-d's direction to Noah.  No longer required to be a vegetarian, as it was before the flood.  This was before the dietary laws were given to G-d's people.  These dietary laws also helped distinguish G-d's people from the pagans.