IGNORED

SHOULD CHRISTIANS FOLLOW THE FEASTS DAYS OF THE LORD?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

It's a good question. I'm not sure of the answer....  Maybe we should celebrate the feast days. I really don't know.

Scripture tells us:

Do Not Judge Your Brother

Romans 14

1Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. 2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

I agree

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

IF,we are believers in God, then should we be following the feast days, and observing this, for if we are actually reading our bibles, correctly,

then we know that Christ Jesus fulfilled the feasts and Passover to the letter, when he came and was sacrificed and rose again,,

we celebrate the communion of his body and blood, but what about the feast days, and before anyone says this is for the jewish people, stop !!!

this is the lords feast, not jewish feast, so should we be observing these ?, for if we are equipt, to understand Gods word, and all that we are commanded to do, as believers,

we know that his second coming, is and should be based off of the same guide line, of feast of trumphets, or atonement,

so what do you all say, ? if  we are truly believers in the God of the bible,  in remembrance of the events? why don't we do this ?

Now you went and done it...

People don't like to be reminded about the Jewish origins of Christianity. They like the Romanized version.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

IF,we are believers in God, then should we be following the feast days, and observing this, for if we are actually reading our bibles, correctly,

then we know that Christ Jesus fulfilled the feasts and Passover to the letter, when he came and was sacrificed and rose again,,

we celebrate the communion of his body and blood, but what about the feast days, and before anyone says this is for the jewish people, stop !!!

this is the lords feast, not jewish feast, so should we be observing these ?, for if we are equipt, to understand Gods word, and all that we are commanded to do, as believers,

we know that his second coming, is and should be based off of the same guide line, of feast of trumphets, or atonement,

so what do you all say, ? if  we are truly believers in the God of the bible,  in remembrance of the events? why don't we do this ?

The only event we were commanded to remember as christians is Christ's death through the Lord's Supper.

There are no "events"  but one "event" christians are told to do in remembrance.     If christians choose to remember other, older, feast days they do so on their own, not because they are required to, but because they wish to.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I really do not understand all of that. What I do know is I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savor and I try to live my life the way I think he would want me too. I try to be open to hear his calling on my life and what I should be doing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

People don't like to be reminded about the Jewish origins of Christianity. They like the Romanized version.

Wasn't Paul a Roman citizen, Jewish, and also an Apostle of our Lord and savior ?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

The ordinance of 'communion' was actually a Passover seder, when Jesus said to eat the bread and drink the wine in remembrance of Him. What was the 'bread'? Is was the Passover matza referred to as the afikomen. What was the wine? It was the third cup of wine during the Passover seder, referred to symbolically as the cup of redemption.

Almost all of the Mosaic law feasts were to be done in remembrance of what God did for Israel. All of the feasts pointed to Jesus, and when Jesus fulfilled the spring feasts, He used the symbolism which illustrated what Jesus did for believers. The spring feasts are in remembrance of Jesus, so I do believe that Christians should experience the feasts, in light of Jesus and in remembrance of what Jesus did at least once.

The next spring observance is the first fruits wave offering, which occurred on the same day of the resurrection of Jesus. Jesus is called the first fruits. On the day of the wave offering begins a count of 7 sabbaths, followed the next day by the Shavuot, or the feast of first fruits. & weeks of sabbaths is 49 days. The 50th day of the count is Shavout, or as Christianity calls it, pentecost. It is a day to remember the first harvest of believers, indwelt by the Holy Spirit, with the law written on their hearts. 

The fall feasts have not yet been fulfilled, as they will be fulfilled when Jesus returns.

So, in reality, the church celebrates Passover in remembrance of Jesus , but it has been renamed from Passover to Good Friday. The church celebrates the first fruit wave offering but calls it Easter. The church celebrates Shavuot but calls it Pentecost. 

Unfortunately, the relationship of the days of remembrance of what Jesus did for us have been stripped of their original relationship to the Feast days as the council of Nicea wanted to strip Christianity of any relationship to Judaism and the Jewish people, so altered the calendar of these celebrations in Christianity so they would not coincide with the Jewish days, and altered the name and methods so they would no longer be recognizably Jewish.  I believe it would help Christians to celebrate the spring feasts looking at them from both an OT as well as pointers to Jesus

The following articles are English translations of the papers released by the 1st council of Nicea. Most are as you would expect, but some were decidedly anti-Jewish. I will quote one which alters the name and date of Easter to separate it from Judaism. (What I am quote mentions the Jewish people celebrating Passover twice. In the OT, those who were in a ritually unclean state at the time of Passover, were allowed to celebrate Passover, one month later according to the Mosaic law, so this article is ridiculing the Jewish people for following Gods commands ). 

https://legacy.fordham.edu/halsall/basis/nicea1.txt

ON THE KEEPING OF EASTER. From the Letter of the Emperor to all those not present at the Council. (Found in Eusebius, Vita Const., Lib. iii., 18-20.) When the question relative to the sacred festival of Easter arose, it was universally thought that it would be convenient that all should keep the feast on one day; for what could be more beautiful and more desirable, than to see this festival, through which we receive the hope of immortality, celebrated by all with one accord, and in the same manner? It was declared to be particularly unworthy for this, the holiest of all festivals, to follow the custom[the calculation] of the Jews, who had soiled their hands with the most fearful of crimes, and whose minds were blinded. In rejecting their custom,(1) we may transmit to our descendants the legitimate mode of celebrating Easter, which we have observed from the time of the Saviour's Passion to the present day[according to the day of the week]. We ought not, therefore, to have anything in common with the Jews, for the Saviour has shown us another way; our worship follows a more legitimate and more convenient course(the order of the days of the week); and consequently, in unanimously adopting this mode, we desire, dearest brethren, to separate ourselves from the detestable company of the Jews, for it is truly shameful for us to hear them boast that without their direction we could not keep this feast. How can they be in the right, they who, after the death of the Saviour, have no longer been led by reason but by wild violence, as their delusion may urge them? They do not possess the truth in this Easter question; for, in their blindness and repugnance to all improvements, they frequently celebrate two passovers in the same year. We could not imitate those who are openly in error. How, then, could we follow these Jews, who are most certainly blinded by error?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2015‎ ‎1‎:‎27‎:‎37‎, Qnts2 said:

The ordinance of 'communion' was actually a Passover seder, when Jesus said to eat the bread and drink the wine in remembrance of Him. What was the 'bread'? Is was the Passover matza referred to as the afikomen. What was the wine? It was the third cup of wine during the Passover seder, referred to symbolically as the cup of redemption.

Almost all of the Mosaic law feasts were to be done in remembrance of what God did for Israel. All of the feasts pointed to Jesus, and when Jesus fulfilled the spring feasts, He used the symbolism which illustrated what Jesus did for believers. The spring feasts are in remembrance of Jesus, so I do believe that Christians should experience the feasts, in light of Jesus and in remembrance of what Jesus did at least once.

The next spring observance is the first fruits wave offering, which occurred on the same day of the resurrection of Jesus. Jesus is called the first fruits. On the day of the wave offering begins a count of 7 sabbaths, followed the next day by the Shavuot, or the feast of first fruits. & weeks of sabbaths is 49 days. The 50th day of the count is Shavout, or as Christianity calls it, pentecost. It is a day to remember the first harvest of believers, indwelt by the Holy Spirit, with the law written on their hearts. 

The fall feasts have not yet been fulfilled, as they will be fulfilled when Jesus returns.

So, in reality, the church celebrates Passover in remembrance of Jesus , but it has been renamed from Passover to Good Friday. The church celebrates the first fruit wave offering but calls it Easter. The church celebrates Shavuot but calls it Pentecost. 

Unfortunately, the relationship of the days of remembrance of what Jesus did for us have been stripped of their original relationship to the Feast days as the council of Nicea wanted to strip Christianity of any relationship to Judaism and the Jewish people, so altered the calendar of these celebrations in Christianity so they would not coincide with the Jewish days, and altered the name and methods so they would no longer be recognizably Jewish.  I believe it would help Christians to celebrate the spring feasts looking at them from both an OT as well as pointers to Jesus

The following articles are English translations of the papers released by the 1st council of Nicea. Most are as you would expect, but some were decidedly anti-Jewish. I will quote one which alters the name and date of Easter to separate it from Judaism. (What I am quote mentions the Jewish people celebrating Passover twice. In the OT, those who were in a ritually unclean state at the time of Passover, were allowed to celebrate Passover, one month later according to the Mosaic law, so this article is ridiculing the Jewish people for following Gods commands ). 

https://legacy.fordham.edu/halsall/basis/nicea1.txt

ON THE KEEPING OF EASTER. From the Letter of the Emperor to all those not present at the Council. (Found in Eusebius, Vita Const., Lib. iii., 18-20.) When the question relative to the sacred festival of Easter arose, it was universally thought that it would be convenient that all should keep the feast on one day; for what could be more beautiful and more desirable, than to see this festival, through which we receive the hope of immortality, celebrated by all with one accord, and in the same manner? It was declared to be particularly unworthy for this, the holiest of all festivals, to follow the custom[the calculation] of the Jews, who had soiled their hands with the most fearful of crimes, and whose minds were blinded. In rejecting their custom,(1) we may transmit to our descendants the legitimate mode of celebrating Easter, which we have observed from the time of the Saviour's Passion to the present day[according to the day of the week]. We ought not, therefore, to have anything in common with the Jews, for the Saviour has shown us another way; our worship follows a more legitimate and more convenient course(the order of the days of the week); and consequently, in unanimously adopting this mode, we desire, dearest brethren, to separate ourselves from the detestable company of the Jews, for it is truly shameful for us to hear them boast that without their direction we could not keep this feast. How can they be in the right, they who, after the death of the Saviour, have no longer been led by reason but by wild violence, as their delusion may urge them? They do not possess the truth in this Easter question; for, in their blindness and repugnance to all improvements, they frequently celebrate two passovers in the same year. We could not imitate those who are openly in error. How, then, could we follow these Jews, who are most certainly blinded by error?

thank you for that information I will put these in my notes and to ponder on , and meditate on what you said, this is great , thank you for that informative response, blessings to you , and continue to strive in helping others as you do ,in edifying the people ,your research is valuable to many .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,387
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2015‎ ‎9‎:‎57‎:‎21‎, JohnD said:

your statement is placed into question about who's who

Col 3:10-11

10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:

11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
KJV
therefore I don't wish to the Jewish version nor the Romanized version but Christ's version...
Love, Steven

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,878
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

On 23 November, 2015 4:27:37 PM, Qnts2 said:

Unfortunately, the relationship of the days of remembrance of what Jesus did for us have been stripped of their original relationship to the Feast days as the council of Nicea wanted to strip Christianity of any relationship to Judaism and the Jewish people, so altered the calendar of these celebrations in Christianity so they would not coincide with the Jewish days, and altered the name and methods so they would no longer be recognizably Jewish.  I believe it would help Christians to celebrate the spring feasts looking at them from both an OT as well as pointers to Jesus.

Brother Qnts2, your article is guiding, it is amazing, 

I am not adding anything, but this part I had never see it before, the wave offering. 

( Jesus said; I have not shown my self to the Father yet)

And the "Aficomen", the disciple enter the Tomb and found the "Aficomen", (the face cloth, folded in a way they were familiar with), it was like a special sign that Jesus had folded it, and that he was given them a message that it was him that folded it. 

Any way thank you for your post, to commemorate, they way you did is like celebrating Jesus Christ, it straightens the understanding of our faith. 

That was the wave offering that God accepted, and proove it, by taking Jesus to Heaven. And that brings an end to the ritual of the wave offering and the people who did it, or the role sifted to represent our selfs to him as a wave offering that is pleasing to the Lord.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

On 11/23/2015, 8:43:09, AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken said:

Wasn't Paul a Roman citizen, Jewish, and also an Apostle of our Lord and savior ?

That he was, that he was. :)