IGNORED

DID YOU CHOOSE GOD ! ,OR DID HE ALREADY CHOOSED YOU ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,387
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

If one would like the very simple reason it must be by choice- we are in God's image and has anything outside of God chose for God?
There can only exist no, nothing has chosen for God but God for Himself has chosen as He 'IS'... and an image is the exact
representation of that which is Reflected from -> also if the created of God 'The Church' is to be a wife for the Son then the uniqueness
must be compatible to kind in order to be brought into union!  Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

Would you want a wife that had no free will and could not freely choose to love you or not?

God does not want Stepford wives.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Since 1 Tim 2:4 says God wants all to be saved, I take it that the choice is ours. I don't think God is sure exactly who would choose him otherwise there wouldn't be so much joy in heaven over one sinner that repents (Lk 15:10). It gives us hope that everyone has a chance to be saved.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

1 Peter 2:9

But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

Ephesians 1:4

just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him In love

John 6:44

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

Romans 8:28

And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Ephesians 2:10

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Ephesians 1:11

also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will,

Romans 8:29

For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;

Romans 8:30

and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

John 15:16

"You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you.

John 6:37

"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out.

Deuteronomy 7:6

"For you are a holy people to the LORD your God; the LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

John 10:4

"When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.

Matthew 22:1-14

Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying, "The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son. "And he sent out his slaves to call those who had been invited to the wedding feast, and they were unwilling to come. read more.

Matthew 22:14

"For many are called, but few are chosen."

Deuteronomy 14:2

"For you are a holy people to the LORD your God, and the LORD has chosen you to be a people for His own possession out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth.

2 Thessalonians 2:13

But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

I know that God does know what we will choose & what we will not,,,,,,,,,,,so I am not so sure about how much of our "free will" counts for much? I think we are chosen,we are called out from the beginning of time...........it is all just a matter of time,,,,,lol,Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

3 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

I know that God does know what we will choose & what we will not,,,,,,,,,,,so I am not so sure about how much of our "free will" counts for much? I think we are chosen,we are called out from the beginning of time...........it is all just a matter of time,,,,,lol,Praise the Lord!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

God knowing what we will do =/= God deciding for us.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings little flower

That is not what I said,I never said He makes our decisions for us,,,,,,I said I am not sure it counts for much,that is looking at the bigger scheme of things,,,,,,,,, be blessed            Love,Kwik

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

18 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

HERE IS A QUESTION ? And  IT IS ,IN THE TEXTED OF DID WE CHOOSE TO FOLLOW ,AND STUMBLE ON GOD, one day,BY A SITUATION, OR BY CHANCE OR BY SEEKING FOR HIM OUT OF THE BLUE ?

OR DID HE CHOOSE US FROM THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH PRIOR TO US COMING TO HIM AS BELIEVERS ?...

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do...." (Eph. 2:10)

1 hour ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings little flower

That is not what I said,I never said He makes our decisions for us,,,,,,I said I am not sure it counts for much,that is looking at the bigger scheme of things,,,,,,,,, be blessed            Love,Kwik

If it doesn't count for much then were is the value is being able to make any decisions?

I think it counts for a great deal.

God gives us His empowering grace to decide for God.  But we must be the ones to make that choice.  That is a choice that counts a great deal.

18 minutes ago, OldSchool2 said:

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do...." (Eph. 2:10)

Yes but does that mean we simply do them like a programmed robot?

Or does it mean, rather, that God prepared them for us to do, but whether we do them, OR NOT, is the result of our free-will choice?

I am firmly convinced it is the latter.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

2 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Hi there!

If God always knows what we would choose, he must have known that Adam and Eve would succumb to Satan's temptation and eat the fruit. Does that not represent a design flaw? Is it fair for God to blame them then? I believe they were able to resist but chose to exercise their freewill to eat. But that means God did not know for sure what they would do. Of course, God was prepared either way.