• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

21 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

There is no analogy here.  I am asking you a question based on your statements.  I think the question is very valid and pertinent.

If your own brother or sister does not believe, have they ceased to be your brother or sister?

According to what you've said, they would necessarily cease to be your brother or sister even though they were born your brother or sister by birth.

Am I correct?

Show scripture.

One thing that you tend to do is ask questions but refuse to answer questions others put to you. I dont play games like that. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.67
  • Days Won:  37

8 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Show scripture.

One thing that you tend to do is ask questions but refuse to answer questions others put to you. I dont play games like that. 

I am asking you to clarify what you've said.   

Telling me to show you scripture in response to asking you to clarify what you said makes no sense.   

I answer questions all the time ayin jade.    You are the one avoiding my question.

I think you are avoiding it because you would have to answer in a manner that would negate what you've said before.    I think you would have to answer that even though they didn't believe, they are still  your brother or sister.

And in admitting that, you would be admitting there are at least two types of relationship of brother/sister you would recognize - a natural one, and a spiritual one.

And that is the essence of this discussion.

You have been talking as though the only brother/sister relationship that counts is a spiritual one, and natural ones don't exist.

Such a position makes no sense in this life and I think you realize that.

If there is one type of natural relationship of brothers and sisters - obviously in one's immediately family, then there can be other NATURAL types of brother/sister relationships  - brothers in arms in the military for instance.  Such relationships are  based in the natural world, not spiritual.

In the same way, in the natural world, we are all part of the human race, and in a very broad NATURAL sense all brothers and sisters.

I don't need a scripture reference to explain something that is plain on its face.

I think it's messed up to claim that only spiritual brotherhood exists in this life. 

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

I have asked you several times in this thread to post scripture supporting your view. You have yet to do so. I have noticed in the past that you tend to avoid questions and ask others questions. Im not going that way. Until you post scripture supporting your position, Im not inclined to continue answering questions you pose. It comes across as a game you play. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, ayin jade said:

Show scripture.

That's what people do when they can't really defend their statements, they ignore your questions and pepper you with questions.  It deflects attention away from weak theology and indefensible comments. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, thereselittleflower said:

If your own brother or sister in your own family, of your own parents, did not believe, are they no longer your brother or sister?

No, we would not be brothers or sisters.  If they turned to homosexuality, or radical Islamic terrorism, we would also not be brothers and sisters.   Again, I am operating from the biblical standard on this.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

9 hours ago, Davida said:

Oops accidental quote i can't remove!

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Catholics have no choice but to go with whatever their "holy father" says.  No point in arguing except to see just how far they will go to defend it all.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,391
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

If you had a brother or sister in your family, and they did not believe, are they no longer part of your family?  No longer your sister or brother?

To be a brother or sister we would have to have the same father.....     I would give you that we might be cousins, but not brothers or sisters until we have the same father.      and that doesn't happen until we are born again.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Light cannot have any fellowship with darkness.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  600
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,391
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

8 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

Light cannot have any fellowship with darkness.

yeah, cause the dark runs off...