• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.50
  • Days Won:  0

On Wednesday, December 02, 2015 6:34:08, other one said:

I don't think I would say a buffoon, but maybe a tool.   The leaders of the Catholic Church has been misguided for hundreds of years and each generation feeds the next....   
Satan has been in direct control since 1963 and a good number of the cardinals work directly for him....      Not someone or something we would want to trust, but he's not a dummy.

The leaders of the Roman Catholic Church have been misguided for a much longer time, over a 1000 years before the Protestant Reformation.  One could arguably go back to the time of Constantine the Great.  He may have stopped the persecution of Christians, but at what price?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51

On 12/2/2015 at 4:43 PM, OakWood said:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Vatican-religion-pope-France/2015/11/30/id/703942/

Pope Francis said Monday that fundamentalism was "a disease of all religions", including the Roman Catholic Church, but had nothing to do with God.

"Fundamentalism is always a tragedy. It is not religious, it lacks God, it is idolatrous," the Argentine pontiff told journalists on the plane during his return from a trip to Africa.

Francis said Islam was not the only religion to suffer from violent extremists, such as the ones behind the deadly attacks in Paris which were claimed by the Islamic State.

"We Catholics, we have a few, even many fundamentalists. They believe they know absolute truth and corrupt others," he said, adding: "I can say this because this is my Church".

He would also include genuine bible-only believing Christians in that number. Francis is a man to be feared. I would say that Francis' namesake is far more likely to be in heaven worshipping at Jesus' feet than this man will ever be

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

one really should define the word fundamental to carry it to all religions.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

On 05/12/2015 at 5:49 AM, OldSchool2 said:

As Francis doesn't understand English, i.e., "a few, even many," I wonder exactly what he meant by what was translated as "fundamentalist" since he associated that description with violent Islamic extremists?

Using language deficiency to excuse the Pope's blunders (or deliberate provocations) is unacceptable. There can be no doubt that everything is first written in Spanish, then translated into whatever language is required.  Let's face it.  If he was the CEO of a corporation, he would have been fired long ago.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, other one said:

one really should define the word fundamental to carry it to all religions.

The problem is that the media have latched on to this word to make it mean whatever they choose, and generally applies in the most derogatory manner.  There is a world of difference between Islamic Extremism and Christian Fundamentalism, but who cares? 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

8 minutes ago, Ezra said:

Using language deficiency to excuse the Pope's blunders (or deliberate provocations) is unacceptable. There can be no doubt that everything is first written in Spanish, then translated into whatever language is required.  Let's face it.  If he was the CEO of a corporation, he would have been fired long ago.

But he's not a CEO and I wonder if the translation from Spanish to English left something to be desired.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

7 hours ago, OldSchool2 said:

But he's not a CEO and I wonder if the translation from Spanish to English left something to be desired.

Wouldn't a truthful leader insist on approving any translation that they may have made?  Or at least delegate this chore to truthful interpreters?  If a person claims to speak for Jesus (as the pope does), it would be that persons responsibility to make sure the truth is spread in any language.  He does not get a pass for incompetent staff members.  The buck stops at the pope's desk. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

"Great minds discuss ideas;

average minds discuss events;

small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt 

8 hours ago, 1x1is1 said:

Wouldn't a truthful leader insist on approving any translation that they may have made?....

How does a "truthful leader" approve any translation into a language that he happens to be illiterate in?

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

Oh C'mon. You act like they are inept, like the Pope doesn't have personal translators and like the Vatican is not completely media savvy.  "... oops they did it again" - no,  I don't buy it.  

The Vatican's Roman Curia -- the executive organizations of the papal see comprising the government of the Catholic Church -- is often at odds with any progressive pope.

Further, the Curia is about as competent as the many offices of the Obama administration.

Or don't you buy that his administration is incompetent either?