• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

Lady , you have received SOME very good advice , may I as an older women add a few thoughts . Older , single women are becoming the new " homeless ' here in Australia and united kingdom , I'm not sure about America , it is being discussed on TV and on older sites , so , she may have genuine concerns about her future . Next time she starts talking this way , take her hand , look into her eyes and tell her you're sorry that she feels this way ,   wait a few seconds   then ask , what does she think she could do , so she can feel more secure .  She may or may not , give you some clues . If it continues or worsens , I would speak to her MD , some tests may be warranted . 

All the best ,praying for you .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

On 03/12/2015, 08:14:33, LadyKay said:

I am really not sure what is going on here but it is becoming uncomfortable to be around. Especially with the holidays coming and family gatherings going on.

LadyKay,

You have posted several times about your family situation, but after all the advice you have received, you have not moved out of this predicament.  What does that tell you? You choose to remain here rather than move on and move out. There are many alternatives to this miserable situation, but you have to make up your mind.  "Do I enjoy my misery, or do I break away from it?"

Christians are not obligated to remain in unsatisfactory situations. The only reason the israelites remained in the wilderness for forty years was their unbelief.  God wanted them in the Promised Land, but they would not trust Him to place them there in spite of the giants.

The whole point of God giving us books of wisdom is to make us wise.  It would appear that you are still married. So your husband's responsibility is to provide for you. If you are living with your mother-in-law, then he has failed to fulfil his responsibilities, and should be taken to task for that.  If he is not doing anything about this, and you are a church member, then you have every right to involve the church leadership in sitting down with both of you and getting to the heart of the matter, and hopefully arriving at a satisfactory solution.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

You have posted several times about your family situation, but after all the advice you have received, you have not moved out of this predicament.  What does that tell you? You choose to remain here rather than move on and move out.

I no longer live with my mother in law. I moved out this past summer. I will not come here and be judge. Nor should my husband be judge as you do not know the full story of the situation. If that is how it is going to be when I seek advice on here, I will seek it else where. I should not be made to feel like I am worthless for simply asking for advice.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,257
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 12/3/2015, 5:54:19, LadyKay said:
11 hours ago, Ezra said:

LadyKay,

You have posted several times about your family situation, but after all the advice you have received, you have not moved out of this predicament.  What does that tell you? You choose to remain here rather than move on and move out. There are many alternatives to this miserable situation, but you have to make up your mind.  "Do I enjoy my misery, or do I break away from it?"

Christians are not obligated to remain in unsatisfactory situations. The only reason the israelites remained in the wilderness for forty years was their unbelief.  God wanted them in the Promised Land, but they would not trust Him to place them there in spite of the giants.

The whole point of God giving us books of wisdom is to make us wise.  It would appear that you are still married. So your husband's responsibility is to provide for you. If you are living with your mother-in-law, then he has failed to fulfil his responsibilities, and should be taken to task for that.  If he is not doing anything about this, and you are a church member, then you have every right to involve the church leadership in sitting down with both of you and getting to the heart of the matter, and hopefully arriving at a satisfactory solution.

Yeah I kind of think so too.  It didn't really start bugging me until she started saying this stuff to other family members. I kind of get the feeling that she is someone who will never be happy no matter what. Losing every thing taught me to be happy in a strange sort of way.

i am going to have to question you reading people's posts here from what you are writing here.

Here is what I would say to you Lady Kay.  It doesn't take much discernment to know why she is doing this.  She wants people to give her money.  There is really nothing you can do about it.  You obviously are not in a position to help her financially, so just listen to her, try to sympathize with her, and perhaps even point out how you can relate, since you too have no money, and don't let it bother you. 

I don't see any problem with you asking for advise on anything.  That is what this forum is here for. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,257
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

she may just be wanting people to feel sorry for her and that's the thing she uses to get sympathy.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Lady, as I said before, do not be discouraged.  Test everything, hold on to the good.  We have got your back in the Lord :)

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/01/1975

Hi. I realize that it has been a few weeks since you originally posted this and I do hope things are starting to get resolved. I would encourage you to DEFINITELY let your husband know how concerned you are and KEEP PRAYING:)