Ezra

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

http://www.timesofisrael.com/catholic-theologians-say-jews-can-be-saved-without-converting/

After preaching another Gospel for centuries, the Vatican has decided that it should preach "no Gospel to Jews". 

“Although Jews cannot believe in Jesus Christ as the universal redeemer, they have a part in salvation, because the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable,” the report concluded, according to a summary released to the media. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

:oI was told we cannot talk about this, or bring this up ? was I told wrong ?

anything to do with ,you know who ? , at you know where ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/catholic-theologians-say-jews-can-be-saved-without-converting/

After preaching another Gospel for centuries, the Vatican has decided that it should preach "no Gospel to Jews". 

Im certainly not one to side with pope. but this does raise a question about my understanding of Scripture. I believe Jesus should be preached to all, period. that said my understanding was that Jesus knew the Jews would reject his teachings and stay under the law. maybe that is why the "no jot nor tittle : verse. so they would be able to be saved/judged under the law but it would be harder than accepting Jesus as Saviour. also I thought Israel would under the law return to their roots iin God so to speak.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,200
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

"Vatican calls on Catholics to stop trying to convert Jews"

the ultimate act of antisemitism.....  

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

40 minutes ago, coheir said:

Jesus knew the Jews would reject his teachings and stay under the law. maybe that is why the "no jot nor tittle : verse. so they would be able to be saved/judged under the law but it would be harder than accepting Jesus as Saviour. 

Coheir,

If you have not studied the epistle to the Romans, now would be a good time to do so. In that epistle (which applies to the Church Age) God removes every distinction between Jew and Gentile under the preaching of the Gospel.  All are sinners, and all need to be saved by grace through the blood of the Lamb of God. The Law DOES NOT save. It simply condemns to Hell.  And no Jew can establish his righteousness through the works of the Law.

To distort Scripture and to claim that Jews do not need to be saved through Christ, His blood, and His righteousness is rank heresy.  Can you imagine how many souls will be in Hell because of this false teaching?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/20/1987

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

Although Jews cannot believe in Jesus Christ as the universal redeemer, they have a part in salvation, because the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable,” the report concluded, according to a summary released to the media. 

So, if Jews cannot believe in Jesus Christ, that must mean Paul, Peter... heck, all the Jews that followed Jesus weren't saved. Right? Am I reading this correctly?

Joh 8:31  Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.
Joh 8:32  And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Sorry I can't go along with the Pope, Jesus said the ONLY way to the Father is through him and that seems pretty clear to me.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

1 hour ago, Ezra said:

Coheir,

If you have not studied the epistle to the Romans, now would be a good time to do so. In that epistle (which applies to the Church Age) God removes every distinction between Jew and Gentile under the preaching of the Gospel.  All are sinners, and all need to be saved by grace through the blood of the Lamb of God. The Law DOES NOT save. It simply condemns to Hell.  And no Jew can establish his righteousness through the works of the Law.

To distort Scripture and to claim that Jews do not need to be saved through Christ, His blood, and His righteousness is rank heresy.  Can you imagine how many souls will be in Hell because of this false teaching?

i do admit I need to study on this. so i guess my failure is I really have not studied romans to any great extent. and my thinking the law  was left in place for a certain purpose which I see now is wrong thinking on my part. I do my best to study up sorry for my ignorance.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I like this part

Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, whatshall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

But more over I ask, can any one of you declare who is and is not a blood descendant of Jacob?  Can you say with any real certainty that I am not?  That you are not?  How is the determination made?

As for the Vatican statement regarding the Jews,  I hate being third party to a conversation.  So much gets lost in the translation of the conversation while people are seeking to boil down what has or has not been said.