MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I am baffled  as to how a scientific article about how Jesus may have looked has all but one of you going on about Christmas.  Does anyone even read articles that are posted?  Responding to the title isn't a good plan.  Good grief.  :rolleyes:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/26/1962

8 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

I am baffled  as to how a scientific article about how Jesus may have looked has all but one of you going on about Christmas.  Does anyone even read articles that are posted?  Responding to the title isn't a good plan.  Good grief.  :rolleyes:

I did read the article.  I thought it was interesting.  I did also assume this had something to do with Christmas, based on the title.  *shrugs*

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,896
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Before the printing press, most of the people if not all, they were initiate, and It was not a world to spent time to read books, it was a world of hard work, twenty four hours a day. 

The Christian countries ( even many today), had and kept the religious calendar, and that's how they kept the people educated in their faith. 

They began by selebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, and from there on every Sunday the most important events in his life here on earth.

The week after Christmas they celebrated his baptism, then every Sunday some special event from his ministry, till we come to the Sunday before Easter, his triumfant entrance in Jerusalem.

Then the last Supper, his betrayal, his capture and his crussifiction on good Friday. On which day they had enactments ( the same for Christmas), of the events that took place that day.

The new the importance of visuals effects on the memory on the people, and something to prepare and talk about it kept them in touch with what they believe.

The big celebration of Easter was follow with the story of Jesus appearance to the women, the disciples, and Thomas.

His taken up in havens in the mountain, his Promish to come back and  that he want leave us without the Holy Spirit, the Penticost Sunday, Peter's ministry, the Kornilius event, the "Pentecost" of the Gentiles. Paul's conversion, Stephan's martyrdom, the spreading of the Gospel, and so on, till we come close to the end of the year and we start with the celebration of Christmas.