IGNORED

who actually is responsible for written and creating the Quran ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Just now, other one said:

I wasn't standing up for him, but just that the Angel came first then the plates.....

The temple worship of the Mormons is way too close to what goes on in the Masonic Temples to think it came from God.

Oh I know you weren't defending him.

:)

Sinnersaved  - the word "allah" is simply the Arabic word for God.   Christians who speak Arabic use "allah" as well because it simply means "God."  There is no other word for them to use in their language.  Muslims did not invent the word "allah" and do not own the word "allah."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

3 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

do you know that this reminds me of how the Mormons also got started , from a dream that joseph smith had by a spirit , or something like that, is this how religions or groups are started, how do you place your faith in these type of events,

so how did the Christian belief start up , from he roman catholic, or another person that had a dream  ? really how did we get started then in what we believe?

From these questions in your post it almost sounds like you view Christianity on the same level as islam or mormons. 

Christian beliefs started with Christ and continuing with the apostles through the Holy Spirit. No dream. No weirdness. Just truth.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

7 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

From these questions in your post it almost sounds like you view Christianity on the same level as islam or mormons. 

Christian beliefs started with Christ and continuing with the apostles through the Holy Spirit. No dream. No weirdness. Just truth.

Hummmm,    well, there was that thing about Paul meeting Jesus...   Knocked him off his horse to the ground and blinded him...

jeff your sources are wanting,

• Allah and its use in the Arabic language

The term Allah (Arabic: الله, Allāh) is the standard Arabic word for God and is most likely derived from a contraction of the Arabic article al- and ilāh, which means "deity or god" to al-lāh meaning "the [sole] deity, God." There is another theory that traces the etymology of the word to the Aramaic Alāhā.

Today's Arabic speakers from all religious backgrounds (Muslims, Christians, and Jews) use the word Allah to mean God. In pre-Islamic Arabia, pagan Meccans used Allah as a reference to the creator-god, possibly the supreme deity.

The first-known translation of the Bible into Arabic, which took place in the 9th century, uses the word Allah for God (1). In fact, Arab Christians were using the word Allah for God prior to the dawn of Islam, and it is important to note that they were using it in place of Elohim, but not in place of Yahweh. That means Allah is a generic word for God, but not the personal name of God. (Radical Muslims in the West claim that Allah, not Yahweh or any other Bible name, is the name of the one true God.)

As an example closer to home, Christians and non-Christians alike use the word God in English, but that does not make the God of the Bible the same as the god of the Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses, or others. Another example is that when irreverent people use the expression “Oh my God!” in their day-to-day communications, they are not referring to the God of the Bible when they invoke that term.

• http://www.arabicbible.com/for-christians/1810-the-word-allah-and-islam.html

This is from a christian source Jeff.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The allah of islam is NOT the God of the bible. 

From a previous post of mine. 

Some reasons why the allah of islam isnt the God of the bible.

1) Christians believe that God is spirit.

John 4:24 God is a spirit, and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth.

Islam says God isnt spirit.

2) Our Lord is transcendent and immanent.

While both Christians and muslims believe in the transcendence of God, muslims believe He does not interact at all with mankind. We believe God is intimately involved in our lives (immanence).

3) We believe God reveals Himself, not just His law.

Islam believes that allah's will is manifested, but not allah himself. Our Lord reveals Himself all throughout the bible.

4) The Trinity.

God is God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Islam proclaims allah has no son.

5) Our Lord loves us while we sinners.

For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son. While we were yet sinners, He reached out to us in love. Yet for muslims, allah loves no sinner.

6) Our Lord does not want anyone to perish. 

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow concerning His promise, as some count slowness, but is long-suffering toward us, not purposing that any of us should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Islam says allah desires to punish people. 

7) How God regards the Jews.

The Jews are Gods people. The bible tells us this. Allah of islam hates the Jews. 

8) Our Lord is unchanging.

Islam believes in the doctrine of abrogation, where allah can change his mind at whim. Our Lord is unchanging.

9) Forgiveness.

We are forgiven on the basis of the atoning work of Jesus. His sacrifice (and our acceptance of Jesus) means we are forgiven and reconciled with the Lord. In islam, forgiveness by allah is based on the whim of allah. You have no way of knowing if you are forgiven or not. The only reasonably sure thing is death by martyrdom. 

Allah of islam is NOT the God of Abraham, not the Lord we believe in. Islam is not an offshoot of Christianity. It is a perversion of worship of the true Lord. (Mormons do not worship the same Lord either. They have changed whom He is.)

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

4 hours ago, ayin jade said:

The allah of islam is NOT the God of the bible. ... Allah of islam is NOT the God of Abraham, not the Lord we believe in. Islam is not an offshoot of Christianity. It is a perversion of worship of the true Lord. (Mormons do not worship the same Lord either. They have changed whom He is.)

Amen. People should definitely not obfuscate this important truth.  The Koran clearly rejects the Trinity and calls Christians and Jews infidels (unbelievers). Allah is a false god, and as some as pointed out, that name refers to the moon god.

The Encyclopedia of Religion says: "'Allah' is a pre-Islamic name . . . corresponding to the Babylonian Bel" (ed. James Hastings, Edinburgh, T. & T. Clark, 1908, I:326). 

"Allah is found . . . in Arabic inscriptions prior to Islam" (Encyclopedia Britannica,I:643)

"The Arabs, before the time of Mohammed, accepted and worshipped, after a fashion, a supreme god called allah"  (Encyclopedia of Islam, eds. Houtsma, Arnold, Basset, Hartman; Leiden: E.J.Brill, 1913, I:302) 

"Allah was known to the pre-Islamic Arabs; he was one of the Meccan deities"(Encyclopedia of Islam, ed. Gibb, I:406) 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,178
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On December 24, 2015 at 9:10 PM, SINNERSAVED said:

I have to ask this question,? I do not know this , but I believe some of you may know the answer , but if we have,

a people that follow allah ,and they have there bible, called the holy Quran, and the Koran,

I was told  there is one for the man and one for the women.

and so the question is a interesting thought ,I had, if they follow allah, ...and jesus is in there bible, and they are opposite of love, it seems to be of hate,

from what I am reading, it seems to be violent from the get Go, but anyway, who is the author ,or who created this book that they follow , for it has prophecy like our bible , but in ways it runs parallel , and it seems to be of opposite view, depending which one you are reading, did scripture from the Christian bible end up in the Quran as well, or was it different apostles ?

is this  a mystery ,of its author, or does anyone know ? I am asking , thank you. but I am only looking for positive feed back, and responses, for this is a serious matter that I am trying, to learn thank you

I would like to set this to rest once and for all... Bert and Ernie :thumbsup: 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

SINNERSAVED----You always come up with interesting questions.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2015 at 0:25 PM, Pamelasv said:

SINNERSAVED----You always come up with interesting questions.

thank you , I am very egar to learn and know Gods word, and what better way then to throw it out here in the forum and see what responses and comments a I get, it is about learning, and the more I learn the better my walk is with Yahweh thank you for your comment, blessings to you