• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi WilliamL,

Yes the UN can try to do those things but to no avail. Also as you said it all comes back to how we view Dan. 7 & 8. I would also add, the last world ruler of the great image, I believe is where people have gone astray, basing their view on a symbol - `iron.`

Marilyn. 

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  308
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/14/1944

Greetings Spock and others,

I agree with some aspects already posted on this thread, but also have a few other different perspectives. I agree that the primary vision of the Goat with the notable horn is the Grecian Empire, depicting Alexander and his conquest of the Medo-Persian Empire represented by the Ram. After Alexander the Empire was split amongst the four generals, and a little horn developed out of one of these sub-divisions.

Where I differ with some is that I believe this little horn speaks of the gradual development of the Roman Empire in its eastern military aspect, specifically in its position of taking over the King of the North territory. Also I believe that the 2300 evening-mornings are 2300 days, and represents a time span of 2300 years. A major fulfillment of this is from BC 334-333 to AD 1967 when Jerusalem was taken back from Gentile domination. I believe that Jesus is alluding to Daniel 8:13-14 in Luke 21:24.

The 70-week prophecy is an expansion of some of the detail of Daniel 8. The 70 weeks represent 490 years, and this confirms that the 2300 days should also be considered as a day for a year. Daniel 8:11 speaks of the crucifixion of Christ and the events of AD70, corresponding to Daniel 9:26-27.

There will be a latter day military aspect of the King of the North as suggested by Daniel 8:25, 11:40-45 and Ezekiel 38. This will again be the little horn of the goat, again the eastern part of the Roman Empire, military in character, but distinct from the little horn of Daniel 7 which is more religious in character.

Kind regards
Trevor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

On January 28, 2016 at 8:58 AM, Last Daze said:

The Roman Empire is gone but its fallen angel prince is not.  He was cast into the abyss and Rome declined.  He has since been released from the abyss and is continuing the fourth kingdom he began centuries ago.  He has brought about the U.N. which will give way to the 10 kings briefly and then the man of sin, his ultimate objective.

Four kingdoms from a spiritual perspective, five from a natural perspective.

Hey Daze,

Was a Roman responsible for starting the UN?  

Do you see 10 spheres arising out of the UN, or what do you see to get 10 kings? 

Thanks,

spock

9 hours ago, TrevorL said:

Greetings Spock and others,

I agree with some aspects already posted on this thread, but also have a few other different perspectives. I agree that the primary vision of the Goat with the notable horn is the Grecian Empire, depicting Alexander and his conquest of the Medo-Persian Empire represented by the Ram. After Alexander the Empire was split amongst the four generals, and a little horn developed out of one of these sub-divisions.

Where I differ with some is that I believe this little horn speaks of the gradual development of the Roman Empire in its eastern military aspect, specifically in its position of taking over the King of the North territory. Also I believe that the 2300 evening-mornings are 2300 days, and represents a time span of 2300 years. A major fulfillment of this is from BC 334-333 to AD 1967 when Jerusalem was taken back from Gentile domination. I believe that Jesus is alluding to Daniel 8:13-14 in Luke 21:24.

The 70-week prophecy is an expansion of some of the detail of Daniel 8. The 70 weeks represent 490 years, and this confirms that the 2300 days should also be considered as a day for a year. Daniel 8:11 speaks of the crucifixion of Christ and the events of AD70, corresponding to Daniel 9:26-27.

There will be a latter day military aspect of the King of the North as suggested by Daniel 8:25, 11:40-45 and Ezekiel 38. This will again be the little horn of the goat, again the eastern part of the Roman Empire, military in character, but distinct from the little horn of Daniel 7 which is more religious in character.

Kind regards
Trevor

Thanks Trevor,

interesting thoughts.  So, you see the 2300 days as years, which has been used before, and you compute it from something from Alex's reign to 1967, which comes to 2300.  Why did you choose 333 BC?

Are you saying you believe the antichrist will come from the king of the North, eastern part?  What nation or area is that specifically? 

Do you agree the goat is Islamic in nature? 

Thanks for your contributions here. I look forward to continuing this with you.

spock

On January 28, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi WilliamL,

Yes the nations are still here but NOT THEM AS WORLD RULERS as God`s word says. Which brings us all back (as Last Daze suggests) to Spock`s theme, Dan. 8 - Greece the World Ruler. Also the spiritual rulers operate in the realm of the predominant powers as Dan. 7: 2 tells us.

Marilyn.

Marilyn,

greece split into 4 regions after Alex.  Which part do you see the antichrist arising from?

do you agree with Daze who believes the demon spirit of Rome will arise from the abyss and possess and rule that king from whatever nation you answered above?  (Rev 17) 

do you agree with William when he said that spirit in the abyss will be loosed at the 5th trumpet only? 

Thanks,

spock

On January 28, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Last Daze said:

While I disagree that's not what this thread's about.  Sorry for the detour Spock.

No problem Daze and thanks for being a gentleman here. 

In fact, I'm all ears when I see a thread veer toward Rev 13 or 17.  This is where the action is big time, and Daniel points toward the chapters. So please continue. 

An interested spockster

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, Spock said:

Hey Daze,

Was a Roman responsible for starting the UN?  

Do you see 10 spheres arising out of the UN, or what do you see to get 10 kings? 

Thanks,

spock

The same angelic prince that spawned Rome has also spawned the UN, according to how I see it.

I see the 10 leaders as being an incognito group that manipulate the powers of the UN to service their agenda which I believe to be economic in nature.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, Spock said:

Marilyn,

greece split into 4 regions after Alex.  Which part do you see the antichrist arising from?

do you agree with Daze who believes the demon spirit of Rome will arise from the abyss and possess and rule that king from whatever nation you answered above?  (Rev 17) 

do you agree with William when he said that spirit in the abyss will be loosed at the 5th trumpet only? 

Thanks,

spock

In the interest of accuracy, I don't see the prince of Rome as possessing anybody.  I do however see Satan possessing the false prophet at some point.

3 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

The same angelic prince that spawned Rome has also spawned the UN, according to how I see it.

I see the 10 leaders as being an incognito group that manipulate the powers of the UN to service their agenda which I believe to be economic in nature.

Thanks. Still digesting. 

2 minutes ago, Last Daze said:

In the interest of accuracy, I don't see the prince of Rome as possessing anybody.  I do however see Satan possessing the false prophet at some point.

Daze,

Angel princes don't possess individuals, just "spiritually influence them" is this how you see it?