• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

On 1/27/2016 at 6:34 AM, other one said:

If they want to live somewhere in peace with the original people who live there, they are not followers of Mohammad, so to call themselves Muslims is a tragedy.   While the word allah is the Arabic word for god, we are instructed in the Bible that there are many gods.....     don't confuse "allah" and "Allah"    with "God" or "The Father".    to do so is blasphemy.  

If you bother to study Islamic teachings you will learn that there are two states of Islamic existence.....   One is peace which is when the whole world is subject to Allah through the rule of Sharia Law...    and War.

So when they say  they are a religion of peace you are just not understanding what they are really saying.    And promoting the destruction of Western Civilization...

Other one,

do we refer to God as   "god" or "God" ?

do you know how Arabic speaking Christians refer to God?

is it "allah"  or "Allah" ?

You've just accused an entire, rather large, segment of Christianity of blasphemy for using the word for God in their language the same way we use the word for God in our language.

I am just shaking my head here in disbelief.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

37 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

You've just accused an entire, rather large, segment of Christianity of blasphemy for using the word for God in their language the same way we use the word for God in our language.

Yes, and actually this is a bit of a stumbling block for our Arabic speaking Christian brothers and sisters whose Bibles (not their Qur'ans) speak of Allah, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob), the Heavenly Father, Who Jesus addressed in prayer, the Creator of the universe. Allah, is not the name of a god, any more the our Father's  name is "God".

The whole thing with capitol letters (God versus god) is a tradition I like, but that is all it is, just a tradition. 

And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.  (John 5:20)

οἴδαμενδὲὅτιὁυἱὸςτοῦθεοῦἥκεικαὶδέδωκενἡμῖνδιάνοιανἵναγινώσκωμεντὸνἀληθινόνκαὶἐσμὲνἐντῷἀληθινῷἐντῷυἱῷαὐτοῦἸησοῦΧριστῷοὗτόςἐστινὁἀληθινὸςθεὸςκαὶἥζωὴαἶώνιος

theta.png

If God Himself did not think it important to have references to Himself preserved with uppercase letters, I am not going to make a big deal of it either. I do use God, not god, Jesus, not jesus, and Him, not him, because it is a tradition im my culture, and it makes a simple way to distinguish Who (or who) is being spoken of.

Bye the way, before anyone mentions it, yes, I noticed that in the Greek snippet I posted, it said "Jesus Christ" not "jesus christ'. Again though, that was just a concession by the preparer of the Greek text, not from an actual Greek manuscript.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  14.04
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Yes, and actually this is a bit of a stumbling block for our Arabic speaking Christian brothers and sisters whose Bibles (not their Qur'ans) speak of Allah, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob), the Heavenly Father, Who Jesus addressed in prayer, the Creator of the universe. Allah, is not the name of a god, any more the our Father's  name is "God".

The whole thing with capitol letters (God versus god) is a tradition I like, but that is all it is, just a tradition.

And we know that the Son of God has come, and has given us understanding so that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life.  (John 5:20)

οἴδαμενδὲὅτιὁυἱὸςτοῦθεοῦἥκεικαὶδέδωκενἡμῖνδιάνοιανἵναγινώσκωμεντὸνἀληθινόνκαὶἐσμὲνἐντῷἀληθινῷἐντῷυἱῷαὐτοῦἸησοῦΧριστῷοὗτόςἐστινὁἀληθινὸςθεὸςκαὶἥζωὴαἶώνιος

theta.png

If God Himself did not think it important to have references to Himself preserved with uppercase letters, I am not going to make a big deal of it either. I do use God, not god, Jesus, not jesus, and Him, not him, because it is a tradition im my culture, and it makes a simple way to distinguish Who (or who) is being spoken of.

Bye the way, before anyone mentions it, yes, I noticed that in the Greek snippet I posted, it said "Jesus Christ" not "jesus christ'. Again though, that was just a concession by the preparer of the Greek text, not from an actual Greek manuscript.

Why don't we capitalize the "who" in John 5:20?  By the same rational, "true" should also be capitalized.  I've never seen it done that way, only capitalizing personal pronouns.  I like "God" capitalized because it distinguishes our God from all others, man-made or otherwise.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

When He is called by His Name, no one gets Him mixed up with other gods, nor in fifty years plus do I remember anyone use His Name as a swear word, nor in vain((except on this forum and chatroom)), capitalized or not.

48 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Why don't we capitalize the "who" in John 5:20?  By the same rational, "true" should also be capitalized.  I've never seen it done that way, only capitalizing personal pronouns.  I like "God" capitalized because it distinguishes our God from all others, man-made or otherwise.

That's why Arabic speaking Christians capitalize "Allah."

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.37
  • Days Won:  20

As far as I know of their history, that's been true for many centuries or longer.

19 minutes ago, Davida said:

Looks Germany and much of Europe is doomed- seems like they are under a strong delusion.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

15 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Other one,

do we refer to God as   "god" or "God" ?

do you know how Arabic speaking Christians refer to God?

is it "allah"  or "Allah" ?

I am just shaking my head here in disbelief.

No, I'm warning you and them that the word God/god really is not a proper noun describing both entities as the same.  I'm warning you and them that to use the Word God does not mean what you are describing when you do is all the same thing when using the words to describe each entity.

I am a human and you are a human so we are both humans but we are far far from the same.     The word God/god is not a proper noun depicting a single entity.....    and as I said the Bible tells us that there are many gods and neither.    As for the capitols, the Greek New Testament is written in all caps.......      So the word god when speaking of the Father or Moloch would be in all caps.

Do yourself a favor and learn about who Allah really is before saying he is the same entity as the Father.....   It's blasphemous.

And if these Christians you speak of are saying that Allah and the Father are the same just because they use the same word for them, then they are blasphemous....    And if you say that the Father and Allah are the same entity then you yourself are Blasphemous.

45 minutes ago, other one said:

No, I'm warning you and them that the word God/god really is not a proper noun describing both entities as the same.  I'm warning you and them that to use the Word God does not mean what you are describing when you do is all the same thing when using the words to describe each entity.

I am a human and you are a human so we are both humans but we are far far from the same.     The word God/god is not a proper noun depicting a single entity.....    and as I said the Bible tells us that there are many gods and neither.    As for the capitols, the Greek New Testament is written in all caps.......      So the word god when speaking of the Father or Moloch would be in all caps.

Do yourself a favor and learn about who Allah really is before saying he is the same entity as the Father.....   It's blasphemous.

And if these Christians you speak of are saying that Allah and the Father are the same just because they use the same word for them, then they are blasphemous....    And if you say that the Father and Allah are the same entity then you yourself are Blasphemous.

other one  you are simply showing  extreme bias and prejudice  - to say Christians are guilty of blaspheme simply because they use the Arabic word for God, which IS "Allah" properly is truly bizarre.

God is used in place of a name.  It is used as a direct address.

The word "God"  AS USED IN the English language means this:

• God
    ɡäd/
    noun

1. 1.
      (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
      synonyms: the Lord, the Almighty, the Creator, the Maker, the Godhead; More

2. 2.
      (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
      "a moon god"
      synonyms: deity, goddess, divine being, celestial being, divinity, immortal, avatar
      "sacrifices to appease the gods"

In Arabic the word "Allah" means God and is used in exactly the same way.      I have absolutely no problem with Christians using the word Allah for the Christian God, and I would have no problem using it if I were speaking Arabic.   I have attended Eastern Orthodox services in which Arabic, Aramaic, and English were all spoken, and I will tell you the Arabic speaking Church is as ancient as any Church and they have always called God "Allah" and did so for hundreds of years BEFORE Islam even existed.

• The Word 'Allah'

• Update:  Those interested in the etymology of the word "Allah" read this nuanced academic article here.See the bottom of p. 37 in particular for an example of pre-Islamic Christian use of the word in an inscription from 6th century Syria.

http://araborthodoxy.blogspot.com/2009/11/word-allah.html

Islam does not get to steal a word Christians long used before them and take it away from Christians.

Islam does not have a monopoly on the word "God" or "Allah"

The word "Allah" is a CHRISTIAN word and needs to STAY a Christian word.

I wish people would stop giving Islam so much power.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

other one  you are simply showing  extreme bias and prejudice  - to say Christians are guilty of blaspheme simply because they use the Arabic word for God, which IS "Allah" properly is truly bizarre.

God is used in place of a name.  It is used as a direct address.

The word "God"  AS USED IN the English language means this:

• God
    ɡäd/
    noun

1. 1.
      (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
      synonyms: the Lord, the Almighty, the Creator, the Maker, the Godhead; More

2. 2.
      (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.
      "a moon god"
      synonyms: deity, goddess, divine being, celestial being, divinity, immortal, avatar
      "sacrifices to appease the gods"

In Arabic the word "Allah" means God and is used in exactly the same way.      I have absolutely no problem with Christians using the word Allah for the Christian God, and I would have no problem using it if I were speaking Arabic.   I have attended Eastern Orthodox services in which Arabic, Aramaic, and English were all spoken, and I will tell you the Arabic speaking Church is as ancient as any Church and they have always called God "Allah" and did so for hundreds of years BEFORE Islam even existed.

• The Word 'Allah'

• Update:  Those interested in the etymology of the word "Allah" read this nuanced academic article here.See the bottom of p. 37 in particular for an example of pre-Islamic Christian use of the word in an inscription from 6th century Syria.

http://araborthodoxy.blogspot.com/2009/11/word-allah.html

Islam does not get to steal a word Christians long used before them and take it away from Christians.

Islam does not have a monopoly on the word "God" or "Allah"

The word "Allah" is a CHRISTIAN word and needs to STAY a Christian word.

I wish people would stop giving Islam so much power.

and you or I one really needs to get a grip on the English language......    once again I say that what word you use doesn't matter. it is saying that Allah and any part of the Trinity are the same is blasphemy.    And if you add the Holy Spirit into the talk, it is totally unforgivable and will damn you to hell.

Use what ever word you wish to describe Allah and whatever, but don't confuse the entities you are describing with that word.

16 minutes ago, other one said:

and you or I one really needs to get a grip on the English language......    once again I say that what word you use doesn't matter. it is saying that Allah and any part of the Trinity are the same is blasphemy.    And if you add the Holy Spirit into the talk, it is totally unforgivable and will damn you to hell.

Use what ever word you wish to describe Allah and whatever, but don't confuse the entities you are describing with that word.

Allah in Christianity = The Trinity =  God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

There is absolutely nothing blasphemous at all about it.