Daffodilly

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Do any of actually go to 'Heaven' as is commonly portrayed (clouds etc)? Is it not the case that there will be a new earth for us to live on? 

I see that new earth as a place like ours now but with God also residing with us (bringing heaven to earth), and being perfection.

I also think, and this may just be me, that all the galaxy's will be available for us to explore and live within. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

10 hours ago, Gus said:

Do any of actually go to 'Heaven' as is commonly portrayed (clouds etc)? Is it not the case that there will be a new earth for us to live on? 

I see that new earth as a place like ours now but with God also residing with us (bringing heaven to earth), and being perfection.

I also think, and this may just be me, that all the galaxy's will be available for us to explore and live within. 

~

As For The Cosmos

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. Revelation 20:11

Gone, It Is All So Gone

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said,
Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. Revelation 21:1-5

For The LORD Himself Is Our Light

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
Revelation 22:3-5

And Our Joy Forever And Ever More

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You know you will go to heaven if you accept Jesus into your heart. The streets will be paved with gold and there will even been an entire city made of gold in which there is a book of everyone who has ever accepted Jesus as their Savior. That is all God has told us about heaven.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 2/8/2016 at 10:16 AM, Daffodilly said:

What is heaven? What happens there? How do you know if you will go there? I think of peace. Being with family. Idk what else. Heaven is forever right? That's a really long time to sit on clouds and play a harp... There's got to be more to it but I don't understand. I just don't know and don't know who to ask. 

Heaven is a place beyond our wildest dreams. Born again Christians who go to heaven will have resurrected bodies that are perfect. We will rule the nations with Christ and we will have an inheritance of everything. A person will go to heaven if they genuinely give their heart and mind to Christ and ask Him into their life. 

mp3speaker.gifbecome a Christian

Question: "How can I become a Christian?"

Answer: 
The first step to become a Christian is to understand what the term “Christian” means. The origin of the term “Christian” was in the city of Antioch in the first century A.D. (see Acts 11:26). It is possible that, at first, the term “Christian” was intended to be an insult. The word essentially means “little Christ.” However, over the centuries, believers in Christ have adopted the term “Christian” and use it to identify themselves as followers of Jesus Christ. A simple definition of a Christian is a person who follows Jesus Christ.

Why should I become a Christian?

Jesus Christ declared that He “did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many” (Mark 10:45). The question then arises – why did we need to be ransomed? The idea of a ransom is a payment that must be made in exchange for the release of a person. The idea of a ransom is most frequently used in instances of kidnapping, when someone is kidnapped and held prisoner until a ransom is paid for the person’s release.

Jesus paid our ransom to free us from bondage! Bondage from what? Bondage to sin and its consequences, physical death followed by eternal separation from God. Why did Jesus need to pay this ransom? Because we are all infected with sin (Romans 3:23), and are therefore worthy of judgment from God (Romans 6:23). How did Jesus pay our ransom? By dying on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins (1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21). How could Jesus’ death sufficiently pay for all of our sins? Jesus was God in human form, God come to earth to become one of us so He could identify with us and die for our sins (John 1:1,14). As God, Jesus’ death was infinite in value, sufficient to pay for the sins of the entire world (1 John 2:2). Jesus’ resurrection after His death demonstrated that His death was the sufficient sacrifice, that He had truly conquered sin and death.

How can I become a Christian?

This is the best part. Because of His love for us, God has made it exceedingly simple to become a Christian. All you have to do is receive Jesus as your Savior, fully accepting His death as the sufficient sacrifice for your sins (John 3:16), fully trusting Him alone as your Savior (John 14:6; Acts 4:12). Becoming a Christian is not all about rituals, going to church, or doing certain things while refraining from other things. Becoming a Christian is all about having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ, through faith, is what makes a person a Christian.

Are you ready to become a Christian?

If you are ready to become a Christian by receiving Jesus Christ as your Savior, all you have to do is believe. Do you understand and believe that you have sinned and are worthy of judgment from God? Do you understand and believe that Jesus took your punishment upon Himself, dying in your place? Do you understand and believe that His death was the sufficient sacrifice to pay for your sins? If your answers to these three questions are yes, then simply place your trust in Jesus as your Savior. Receive Him, by faith, fully trusting in Him alone. That is all it takes to become a Christian!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 2/9/2016 at 7:34 AM, manuelf324 said:

I would strongly ask only one question and that's if your going their. Jesus is Jacobs Ladder so make sure your saved. GOD will answer all the other questions. Salvation should be your priority. 

Correct.  It says in the book of John, You must be born again.  I"m asking if you have a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.  Are you a born again believer? Have you asked Jesus into your heart to be the Lord and Savior of your life?  Only when you make that commitment will you see Heaven.  If you want to know a little bit of what Heaven might be like, go to Revelation Chapters 21 and 22.  There you will get a glimpse of what Heaven will look like, but it's going to be so much more, you cannot even begin to imagine what it's going to be like. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

What is heaven?

Another question would be: "What is heaven compared to earth?" In our life on this planet we are bound to the natural laws or in other terms: We are limited within time space and matter and so is our logic. Sitting on clouds and playing the harp is not exactly the description of heaven given in the bible, but I get your objection.

Eternity seems to be the definition of a really long time and that appears to include a bunch of boredom. What am I supposed to do with that much time? This track of thought contains a major error. As already indicated: time is in fact a ristriction that does not exist in heaven. When the bible talks about "eternity" (or what's translated with eternity from the greek), it means the liberation from natural laws and restrictions such as time space and matter.

We'll be spirit just like angels (that does not mean that we will be angels) and we'll also be in the presence of God, which is only possible when we are without terrestrial limitations.

Somebody who's entering Heaven will receive a new body (a non terrestrial form). There are a lot of pictures given in the bible describing what heaven looks like. But trying to describe what heaven looks like with our limited minds is more than difficult. Just imagine to be without the existence of time space and matter, imagine to live without restrictions. The possibilities are unlimited, the beauty of live is indescribable and you may realise, anything else but boring.

How do I know that I'll go there?

Nobody is perfect. But more important: Nobody can make himself perfect.

Heaven is a place of perfection and humans are not without failure. Does this mean nobody can go to heaven because everybody is a sinner? The answer is: "yes, nobody can", because we can't make our own way into heaven. At this point God is offering us forgiveness, the chance to become pure and perfect as human used to be in the garden of Eden. He want's to take our sin so that we have a chance to be in his presence.

Imagine you're a hole and you can't get out with your own strengh. God is reaching down to you offering his hand to pull you out. You can choose to take his hand knowing that you'll get out or you can debate the existence of a God and rejecting his offer. Salvation is a matter of faith. If you agree and confess to God that you're a sinner, that's your first step. You're realising that you're stuck in a hole and that you can't get out by yourself. 

English is not my native language, so I'm sorry for grammar or spelling mistakes.

Best regards

Sören

Edited by Sören Hoffmann

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

A good book about heaven to read is "Heaven" by Randy Acorn :)

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 2/9/2016 at 9:34 PM, Ezra said:

That's the general misconception. Heaven is a very busy place, and the business of Heaven is primarily worship. At the same time, all the saints will be kept very busy in eternity serving God throughout the universe. We have been given small glimpses of Heaven, because in our earthly and mortal state, we could not possibly understand heavenly things.

Amen, Worship, I can not even imagine how glorious the worship will be.  I love to praise and worship the Lord in song.  It just lifts me up.  What joy it will be there when we stand in front of the King of Kings and worship Him.