• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, Logan said:

1 John: 8-10

8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Thank you for the scripture, but I when I made the statment"that I have not sin", I was just referring that I have not sin for posting my comments on "Why God Loves us", referring only to this specific occassiom, not in a general and all inclusive statment.

It is a good scripture thought;

Perhaps Jonh meant to say, not to be so much sin consious. 

Which I had  been in the past, and had lost my focus, saying forgive me multiple times a day. And that for many reasons, and one of them was to have protection from the devil, or to keep the Devil away.  

Thank you anyway.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

On 2/13/2016 at 10:38 AM, Ezra said:

God, being God, has no "needs" (unlike humans).  

God loves because it is the essence of His character.  Firstly, He has loved His "beloved Son" from eternity past (and that love has been fully reciprocated by the Son in the "bosom" of the Father), and because we are in Christ, He loves us also as members of His Body.

At the same time, God loves the world of humanity, and the proof is in the Cross (Jn 3:16).  He loves the vilest of sinners, and only those who turn away from God's grace, forfeit His mercy and loving kindness (Jn 3:36).

I agree, in the sense that His needs are not self centered, I think that's what you mean. I don't understand such love, but sometimes when we forget ourselves, even our lives, to love and save others, even a poor animal, we demonstrate this love of God, in a small way of course.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

16 hours ago, Spock said:

I can't comprehend this comment. "He has no needs..."

when I try to comprehend it, a robot comes into my thoughts. 

Divine incomprehensibilty has nothing to do with robots.  Mortal man cannot fully comprehend God, let alone the eternal plans and purposes of God (1 Cor 2:9).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  475
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/13/1962

God is love (1 john) love can show the work because it is love,., because God is love.. there is no surprise to us to see his love in all..

if Satan is loving we can get surprise.. because he is the author to hate people..

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

We are Gods creation.  He created us to have fellowship with Him.  Having broken that fellowship with sin, we became helpless slaves to sin and darkness.  God had compassion on us--grace and mercy --and sent His Son out of His incomprehensible love.  He demonstrated that love by sending Christ to die for us while we were yet sinners. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Who AND what((in Scripture; Yahweh's Own WORD)) does Yahweh hate?  Most people never find out until too late.

Guest Teditis
22 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Who AND what((in Scripture; Yahweh's Own WORD)) does Yahweh hate?  Most people never find out until too late.

[Pro 6:16-19 ESV] 16 There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him:

17 haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil,

19 a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

Sounds like you sometimes Jeff... better watch out.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/23/1957

On 2/12/2016 at 6:43 PM, Teditis said:

I agree with Spock... God does have a reason to be loved; so He loved us first

so that in time, we would love Him too.

**Wonderful thread btw...

I agree with you both, and would comment, as I have used in other threads. God have given us a great example of Why he Loves us, and Why we also should Love him:

When one of our children is born there is great Joy, but Why ? We know that this being will poo-poo, pee, and vomit on us. This child will keep us up at all hours of the night, and is totally incapable of doing anything for itself.  So why do we Love them -- Many reasons, use you own. One reason I like is that: A child is one of God's most precious gifts. A gift, that if properly loved, cared for, and nourished can not only return the Blessing of the Parent's love; but magnify it in the form of grandchildren.

God can see the wonderful Loving Children he intends us to be, even though we may be offense to him from time to time.

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

On 2/12/2016 at 6:28 PM, missmuffet said:

Why does God love us?

On 2/12/2016 at 8:09 PM, thereselittleflower said:

Bopeep, my daughter and I were having this very discussion in the early morning hours this past night. :)

It is mind blowing isn't it?

Dear sisters Missmuffet and Thereselittleflower,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Simply because God is Love (John 4:8,16). The truth is that true love has no explanation. After all, if we need an excuse to love, that love, then, is corrupt. In other words, we are not loving Christ or the person, but ourselves. Just think that Jesus demonstrated his love for us when we were still irremediable sinners:

·        “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:” (Ephesians 2.4-6).

·        “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5.8).

• 3 years later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  578
  • Content Per Day:  0.40

On 2/12/2016 at 3:31 PM, simplejeff said:

Yahweh does whatever He Pleases - He Loves us for no reason at all , freely.  Christ died for us while we were still dead in sin and trespasses.((all, everyone))

Agreed! There's nothing in man that would cause God to love him. We are all sinful, fallen wretches. Even when we are at our most obedient, we are nothing but unprofitable servants. God does not react to man anyway, but is the First Cause of all things, and does all things according to His pleasure. God loves His elect, quite frankly, because He has chosen to do so. He has made them the chosen objects of His love and kindness in Christ Jesus for all eternity! And He has done this, for His glory and His pleasure--not for man's glory or pleasure, as all things were created by Him and for Him. So He created and redeemed for Himself a peculiar people.

The woman was created for the man; the man wasn't created for the woman. So too did Christ create and redeem His bride all for Himself. For this reason, as John 6:44 sets forth, He has "drawn" (in Greek, it could be rendered "dragged") His elect to Jesus Christ to receive a one-time justification by faith, the sentence being pronounced by His Spirit in the hearts of His children.

His name is Jealous (Exodus 34:14), and He is very possessive of the people He purchased for Himself at infinite personal cost at Calvary's cross. He demands you worship Him and Him alone. He is powerfully and selfishly possessive of you, as you are His. Not your own, but His. He owns you. And He will have you, as He chose you and paid for you, whether you like it or not. But you do like it, as he has given you a new heart that loves Him back, when once He loved you even though you hated Him, and even though He could have just as easily cast you into eternal hell with most of the rest of condemned humanity, if not for the mere pleasure of His will to adopt you as His own.