• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

Will mary the saint's the sacraments save?

That's the sad thing. Jesus is right there, yet not there.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

16 minutes ago, Ezra said:

That's the sad thing. Jesus is right there, yet not there.

One thing that changed my faith from a claim and head knowledge to a walk with Christ was when I read the Lords words.."(paraphrase) all day long you search the scriptures because you think they contain eternal life. the scriptures speak of me. Yet you will not come to me that I might give you life. " His words burned in me because I was studying, teaching, testifying But I wasn't Just sitting down and saying "Lord show me." Of course once he shows you your error you then see so many people running around trying to reach heaven on human effort instead of abiding in Him.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

4 minutes ago, Davida said:

This is why I avoid these types of threads, they always go the same way.  

But what if, instead of avoiding, more of those doing the avoiding contributed to encouraging!  Just a thought!

I encourage you to be encouraging!  (Not that you aren't encouraging already)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Do NOT be discouraged little ones!  Encourage yourself in the Lord who has already defeated death and discouragement forever! 

If we surrender we win!

If we die to oursleves we live! 

If we give the love, grace and peace of God unto others we get to keep them!

Herein I have found wisdom...we are vessels, containers, that which can be filled.  What are we filled with?  

Love? Joy?  Peace? Encouragement?

Wrath? Envy? Debate? Deceit? 

Some are vessels of honor fitted for glory while others are vessels of wrath fitted to distruction.

Be a vessel of honor today!  Bless those that seek to fill you with their discouraging words.  Let them alone who seek to argue but love them sincerely.  

We are not appointed unto wrath because we are filled with loving kindness. Let us love fervently in a hateful world and shine as the stars of the sky for our Father in heaven loves us!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

For those who want a change of title, I am happy for it to be changed, if I can figure out how to do it, or get a Mod to.  I just wanted to highlight that it is actually a serious ministry.  The enemy is at work, and we seem to be very happy to go ahead and let him work.  What about taking a stand against it?  Not for me, or for an ideal, but because it is God's Word and will that commands us to be one in Him.  Is that good enough a reason for all the nay-sayers?  Apparently not.  I'm not sure if a change in the title is the issue, as I have started a previous thread on encouragement before, which seemed to go down just like this one.

However!  I have seen, especially on the first and current page I'm posting on, some major encouragement in the Lord for one another!!! Know what that means?  We're not beat yet! Resist the devil and the devil will flee!!!!  he knows that if we unite against him, he loses big time.  How's about we ALL give him a run for no money? :)

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

6 minutes ago, *Zion* said:

For those who want a change of title, I am happy for it to be changed, if I can figure out how to do it, or get a Mod to.  I just wanted to highlight that it is actually a serious ministry.  The enemy is at work, and we seem to be very happy to go ahead and let him work.  What about taking a stand against it?  Not for me, or for an ideal, but because it is God's Word and will that commands us to be one in Him.  Is that good enough a reason for all the nay-sayers?  Apparently not.  I'm not sure if a change in the title is the issue, as I have started a previous thread on encouragement before, which seemed to go down just like this one.

However!  I have seen, especially on the first and current page I'm posting on, some major encouragement in the Lord for one another!!! Know what that means?  We're not beat yet! Resist the devil and the devil will flee!!!!  he knows that if we unite against him, he loses big time.  How's about we ALL give him a run for no money? :)

Your title was actually good, with a good discussion.  I only meant to show that there is a need for the encouraging threads, which Davida has started a new one with rules(hopefully the discussion can occur here, and that one will remain untainted!)  And I agree, even when a thread takes a down turn, if more would respond with encouragement, maybe rebuking once and then ignoring those taking it down the wrong path, sometimes continued arguing only adds fuel to the fire.  So again back to the title, there is some discouragement and disunity here, as everywhere.  I doubt Worthy intends for it to be so, yet it is up to each one who is posting to make it what it is, how can we make a difference?  As you said, let's do this!?