• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

John 17 (AV)

1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

7 Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

10 And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

13 And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

What is the name of the Father?

And what is going on here with this conversation between God the Father and God incarnate?

Our knowledge of both tends to be only superficial.

Is that not telling how little we think of God? How unimportant God is? That our very salvation (to us) is only an exit strategy / and eternal fire insurance policy...

If there is anyone here who is at risk of Matthew 7:23 I beg of you to know the LORD and be known by the LORD!!!

The Bible teaches we can know we are saved. But don't be overly confident as those Jesus spoke of were in Matthew 7:21-23.

• Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
  • but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
  •  
  • Many will say to me in that day,
  • Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name?
  • and in thy name have cast out devils?
  • and in thy name done many wonderful works? 
  •  
  • And then will I profess unto them,
  • I never knew you:
  • depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Have you prophesied in his name? Cast out demons? Done miracles?

13 minutes ago, FresnoJoe said:

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved, For You That Name Is Abba (My) Father

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

Abba is an intimate expression like our English "Daddy" or "Da Da." When I hear a Jew call their father that it touches my heart and nearly makes me cry.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

13 hours ago, JohnD said:

Abba is an intimate expression like our English "Daddy" or "Da Da."
When I hear a Jew call their father that it touches my heart
and nearly makes me cry.

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

To know God and to be known of God means to have God in you doing his works.  It is an intimate relationship had with God in Spirit and in Truth.  For Jesus to say unto them "I never knew you" was to say I was never one with you, inside of you, in spirit.  For this cause he also said he was in the Father and the Father in him.  That they which do the will of his Father were his family because he was in them preforming the works. The law was given to lead them unto Christ that he might be in them and they in him but they sought their own righteousness as it were by the works of the law and never knew him.

Do you know him?  Is he in you and you in him?  Have you put on Christ and walk in him?  O taste and see that the Lord is good!  And in him is yea!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

20 hours ago, JohnD said:

1 John 2:13 (AV)

13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

???

Doesn't everyone know the Father?

Matthew 11:27 (AV)

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

And in case you think that faith in Christ alone is all that's required:

John 5:24 (AV)

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 14:6 (AV)

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

The Father is the one we become the adopted children of through faith in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:15 (AV)

15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

John 16:27 (AV)

27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Yes! Yes! Yes!!! GLORY!!!!!!

bliss-smiley.gif?1292867557

Not that I know Him perfectly, or else I would be perfect, but there are some who would vehemently disagree!  Boy, this is joyous stuff!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/08/1973

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 4:39 PM, JohnD said:

Have you prophesied in his name? Cast out demons? Done miracles?

does it really matter? but answer is yes.

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 4:39 PM, JohnD said:

but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Jesus say, that faith alone dont save.

you do need FAITH IN JESUS, do do miracles, cast out demons... and not just faith, but some experience...

Jesus say, that who do My Fathers will... ONLY get into heaven (thats why Jesus say - im Door, Way..accepting Jesus is just a start of road)

Jesus and Father are one. (dont understand it, but Father did told me - dont try, there is more important things to understand for now - so i just accepted as Jesus told - Me and Father are One)

yet They are two ( and Holy Spirit, Gentle One <3) are Third.

Jesus did play before Father, when He created earth (Job). He did come from Father's mouth (dont understand, but that is how Father did told about Jesus's birth to Job) Jesus IS Word, through Who all was created (John)

dont know what is incarnation.

but that is shortly Father did teach me so far.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Incarnation is John 1:14:  the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

The Word became Jesus on earth.  He came to show us His Father by all He did and said, so that we who receive Him could also become children of God, born of the Holy Spirit. John 1:12

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, Eha said:

dont know what is incarnation.

Incarnation simply means that the eternal Word of God (Jesus) became a man (or took human form). He was born of a virgin, and remained fully God and fully sinless Man.