IGNORED

Is it wrong of a believer today , not to go to church ?

SINNERSAVED

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  4

The thing is I go to lots of churches, in a month depending on my schedule I might attend 3 or 4 different churches in my area based upon what is going on at them.  I have no "home church" that many of you seem to think is so vital. Any where from 5 to 7 months from now I will be in a whole new state starting all over again.  

I also spend even more time with a group of believers from the local medical community and do outreach related to our skills.  But then this group is not limited to only Christians.

I also regularly do medical missions to some of the poorest parts of this world and share not only Jesus but also my talents. Thes people I do these trips with are my "church", while we do not even live in the same states, we have a bond that nothing can match.   

The Church is the whole body of Christ and I do not find it beneficial to limit myself to one small part of it called "this church" or "that church".  If that works for you I am happy for you, it is not how I view the command not to forsake gathering together. 

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

it is not dis obeying God by not going to a church., that fact that a church today, is really a business, and many are not following the fundamentals of the spirit of God, nor the holiness of God, for to be saved, you have to get into a relationship of knowing God and walking with God, and then study of the word and to place it in action, in all that we do , in our life , work and any gathering of  people, for there is no dis obedience of going to church , for this is a man made idealogic, form of having to do a work , and by a work or tradition you are in the saving graces of God, by being present in a building on a time made by man, and calling it a Sabbath day that is really not in line with the true Sabbath, but that's for another topic, we also have

people that go to church to gather but their not following God but the traditions of men , so would attending church , be like a tradition of men , when the law is written in our hearts and minds, and by our own lips we confess to God and accept the gift of life, so we don't want to place our selves into a box, or in a process of works, for then it is not natural to the soul , and it becomes a ritual,

going to bible studies and houses and meeting in other areas is just fine, and many can share, and gather here on line, so we must be open to the spirit as it leads and do not conform to this world ,

if it came a time that we are no longer allowed to go to a church, how would we hear the word of God and believe ?

by reading the bibles for our selves , for no one can save anyone, but your self ,that has surrendered to the holy and almighty ,

so it says in the bible do not forsake the gathering of our selves, but it does not say , you must go to church, or you have sinned against God, ? this would be judging others and we cannot do that, for no one is righteous , no not one, for we are in the flesh and our flesh is condemned but our spirit and soul is saved by God, and not of our selves, if I was thrown into a foreign jail for years , would I be in violation of not going to church, or would I be as the apostles that continued in prayer, and in fellowship between me and my God,

david the king did not go to church, he prayed from his room, and prayed in the lions den, and He was a man after Gods own heart ?

I think people lock them selves into if they don't go to church, it is sin, no it is not, if you have a bible teaching and spirit filled church, then great attend it, but today , its hard to find, one that is on fire , in spirit and in truth, and I cannot drink any more milk,?

so God is everywhere, and when you rise He is there , when you sleep He is there, you cannot go anywhere that God is not,there ?

and so every thought you think and every idle word will be accounted for , in the end , so it is by grace and not by works, and it is by faith and belief that we  are saved and lead by the spirit .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

well sinner, I told you what the Bible says. I cant change your mind.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  14

18 minutes ago, Vendtre said:

The thing is I go to lots of churches, in a month depending on my schedule I might attend 3 or 4 different churches in my area based upon what is going on at them.  I have no "home church" that many of you seem to think is so vital. Any where from 5 to 7 months from now I will be in a whole new state starting all over again.  

I also spend even more time with a group of believers from the local medical community and do outreach related to our skills.  But then this group is not limited to only Christians.

I also regularly do medical missions to some of the poorest parts of this world and share not only Jesus but also my talents. Thes people I do these trips with are my "church", while we do not even live in the same states, we have a bond that nothing can match.   

The Church is the whole body of Christ and I do not find it beneficial to limit myself to one small part of it called "this church" or "that church".  If that works for you I am happy for you, it is not how I view the command not to forsake gathering together. 

blessings to you and thank you for what you do , for you are making a difference, stay strong in the faith and continue  doing what you do, we need more people like you ,with caring hearts and a spirit of God today, this is few and rare, and so thank you , for doing what you do..

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

7 minutes ago, SINNERSAVED said:

blessings to you and thank you for what you do , for you are making a difference, stay strong in the faith and continue  doing what you do, we need more people like you ,with caring hearts and a spirit of God today, this is few and rare, and so thank you , for doing what you do..

Thank you for your encouraging words.  As I said in a different thread one of the biggest things I learned on my trips was the extent to which believers in America view Christianity through the prism of life in America  and how we do things.  

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

7 hours ago, Vendtre said:

The idea that the assembling together has to be at a particular church with the same group is purely an American Christian invention. 

There are lots, most better in my opinion, ways to gather together 

I never meant that it had to be in one place.  I do however like being under and Bible teaching, Bible believing pastor who preaches the word with passion.  I love the praise and worship time also.  Praising my Savior is so precious to me I can hardly express what I feel.  As for this being an American Christian invention I disagree. But then again I"m an American, and like you I love my country.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎7‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 2:56 PM, The_Patriot2016 said:

you answered your own question, we are commanded not to forsake the fellowship. The church is the fellowship. You are to go. I hear "im not getting anything out of it" and "im not learning anything" and "Im not getting my needs met" all the time. The common factor in all those? the word I.  I I I I I. ME ME ME ME. That is the problem with the church today, to many people are to focused on the me, and not on the you. We arnt commanded to go to church just to "get fed" or "just to get your needs met" in fact, if your going to church, with the idea that YOUR going to get something out of it, your going for the wrong reasons. Period. If the church your going to isnt teaching the Bible, then go to another one. But if there is a solid, Bible believing church in your area, there is no valid excuse not to go.

When we go to church, with the goal to serve, instead of being served, we will change the world. Instead of wondering how your needs will be met, ask yourself how your going to meet the needs of others. If everyone went to church with a servants attitudes, and put themselves aside, then I think we would easily see the revival our church, our country, and our world needs. If we refuse to go to church for any of the above reasons, if we refuse to go because our feelings were hurt, or anything other then unsolid Biblical doctrine, then we are disobeying Gods very command to us. There is a reason He instituted the church-who are we to question that?

Hebrews 10:24-25

24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Hi The_Patriot2016,

I see that you are passionate about the Lord`s Church, the Body of Christ. However you seem to limit it to a certain expression that came into being a few centuries ago - ie man`s denominations putting on public meetings. That can be a valid expression of the Body of Christ BUT so can other gatherings together. God`s word does NOT say specifically, you shall all gather under a Pastor, have a meeting with this type of format, etc etc.

Also where in God`s word does it say, quote- `we will change the world.` I think you need another look at God`s `game plan,` bro.

And again I think you need another look at who is building the Body of Christ. You said -`That is the problem with the church today, too many people are to focused on the me, and not on the you.`  If you are measuring those in the organisations well..... However if you are measuring every believer all over the world in their hearts, then I think that is a different matter. Personally I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ by His Holy Spirit is doing a wonderful work in believers lives, growing them, maturing them, & organising them by His Holy Spirit & not by man.

I would encourage you to look to the Lord & see what He is doing & not measure Christ`s work by man`s attempt to get people in a pew on a Sunday. 

Marilyn.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The purpose of the assembly spoken of in Hebrews is to provoke one another unto love and good works so that we are not destroyed with the wicked when God visits his people.  One needs to ask what does it mean to despise Christ.  To trod him underfoot.  To count the covenant and blood an unholy thing. 

This is where I learned why I need to assemble with others. 

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

7 hours ago, Vendtre said:

I also regularly do medical missions to some of the poorest parts of this world and share not only Jesus but also my talents. These people I do these trips with are my "church", while we do not even live in the same states, we have a bond that nothing can match.   

:thumbsup:

Well, There You Go

Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
1 Corinthians 12:4-12

A Church~!

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

For the body is not one member, but many.
If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
And if they were all one member, where were the body?

But now are they many members, yet but one body.
nd the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
ay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked:

That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?
Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.
1 Corinthians 12:13-31

:1:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

it is not dis obeying God by not going to a church., that fact that a church today, is really a business, and many are not following the fundamentals of the spirit of God, nor the holiness of God, for to be saved, you have to get into a relationship of knowing God and walking with God, and then study of the word and to place it in action, in all that we do , in our life , work and any gathering of  people, for there is no dis obedience of going to church , for this is a man made idealogic, form of having to do a work , and by a work or tradition you are in the saving graces of God, by being present in a building on a time made by man, and calling it a Sabbath day that is really not in line with the true Sabbath, but that's for another topic, we also have

people that go to church to gather but their not following God but the traditions of men , so would attending church , be like a tradition of men , when the law is written in our hearts and minds, and by our own lips we confess to God and accept the gift of life, so we don't want to place our selves into a box, or in a process of works, for then it is not natural to the soul , and it becomes a ritual,

going to bible studies and houses and meeting in other areas is just fine, and many can share, and gather here on line, so we must be open to the spirit as it leads and do not conform to this world ,

if it came a time that we are no longer allowed to go to a church, how would we hear the word of God and believe ?

by reading the bibles for our selves , for no one can save anyone, but your self ,that has surrendered to the holy and almighty ,

so it says in the bible do not forsake the gathering of our selves, but it does not say , you must go to church, or you have sinned against God, ? this would be judging others and we cannot do that, for no one is righteous , no not one, for we are in the flesh and our flesh is condemned but our spirit and soul is saved by God, and not of our selves, if I was thrown into a foreign jail for years , would I be in violation of not going to church, or would I be as the apostles that continued in prayer, and in fellowship between me and my God,

david the king did not go to church, he prayed from his room, and prayed in the lions den, and He was a man after Gods own heart ?

I think people lock them selves into if they don't go to church, it is sin, no it is not, if you have a bible teaching and spirit filled church, then great attend it, but today , its hard to find, one that is on fire , in spirit and in truth, and I cannot drink any more milk,?

so God is everywhere, and when you rise He is there , when you sleep He is there, you cannot go anywhere that God is not,there ?

and so every thought you think and every idle word will be accounted for , in the end , so it is by grace and not by works, and it is by faith and belief that we  are saved and lead by the spirit .

One of the difficulties today is definition. Arguments and misunderstandings abound many times because of differing definition. I like the term assembly.

The Christian book ministry over the years that has blessed many with exhortation and further understanding of Gods Word has turned into a book industry. But that doesn't mean there still aren't good books written by earnest believers that can minister to us. I don't stop reading other material because bad books abound being called Christian.

Same with the music ministries of old. The words and intent of the music movement in evangelical worship of the seventies was far more a ministry and leading of worship as compared to the music industry much Christian music has become. A solid fellowship will have solid worship music that is biblical, doctrinal. I limit and avoid much of the music "put out" by the industry today but I don't forsake or come against the need for corporate and sometimes wonderful worship with other believers because of the abounding music I don't care for. John and Charles Wesley were a great example of doctrine teaching in music.

Now there are many churches that have become comfortable in the popular ways of doing "church" and I fully agree with you on that level. Any church that has adopted the growing schemes, book club mentality and the worship band being more important than "feeding the flock of God" I would say run and make sure your eyes are clear and your ears can hear. But as Paul stated in Phillipians, ".....this one thing I do, I forget that which is behind and I press on.....".

God feed Elijah with the ravens, Moses was taken to the wilderness, King David was trained in the wilderness, Paul also and Jesus had the wilderness as a part of preparation and so to will all believers in some respect have a wilderness experience. But God will not leave you there. Yes he will feed you here a little and there a little but discipleship happens for the most part in an assembly of believers and that is Gods desire and that is what we should pray for and seek. If it isn't "happening" in one place, that is in not being feed and no discipleship or the doctrine is no good, then move on to another. Press on to the high calling of God and one day you will look back and say, ahhh okay I get it, Thank You Jesus, and forgive me. 

A lamentation is where we should be when we see the state of things, criticism is good for pointing things out but the answer will always be in the direction of our feet. A small assembly will not be able to support great needs in missions. God will plant large and small, rich and poor but at the center of any assembly must be the risen Christ. Look for people who love Jesus and commit.