• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

23 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

You have a very poor and bigoted view of americans and american white Christians. 

Amen to that. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

On 3/14/2016 at 0:27 PM, ayin jade said:

Lol have you been in pm with vendtre and now tag teaming threads?

16 hours ago, artsylady said:

I just now read this.  No, I've never spoken to him/her.  We are beyond high school type antics like that. 

I noticed what jade said to you as well.  Personally, the only reason I can think for someone thinking something like this is that they have done something like this before.  

Overall, I can understand your interest in American politics even if you are Canadia,n and I don't think there is anything wrong with discussing American politics even if you are not a American citizen.  Americans do this all the time.  We just think we are justified in doing it.  We even study things like the cold war in our history classes.  One could argue that the politics of Russia were "none of our business," but if you are an American, everything is your business because we are a superhero super power standing for truth, justice, and liberty for all...all...all...

So, because we are so very helpful, it is okay if we talk about Afghanistan, Cuba, Pakistan, etc., etc., etc.; anyone we want, because we are a superhero super power.  

Personally, I find it discouraging that someone with like a million posts still has such a poor attitude.  It kind of means things like this are not gonna change around here.  So Artsy, I think there has to be a different motivation for pressing forward for people like us.  

Here is mine, " Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." (1 Corinthians 9:24).  

And that person is gonna be me!

You all can wallow around discussing things any way you want.  I am gonna get a prize when this is all done by pushing myself to actually apply scripture in discussing politics or anything for that matter.

"If you love your father or mother more than you love me, you are not worthy of being mine; or if you love your son or daughter more than me, you are not worthy of being mine," (Matthew 10:37).  

Personally, I would say that overall, the only real conclusion that I have about this place is that many people here don't seem to have any problem with this verse. (pause)

Maybe people feel like this is easy to obey if you just don't love anyone but Him at all.  I don't know.  Just an observation.  

The world is a better place because Jesus preached the love of God (John 3:16).  If this is the world with a message of love, imagine what it was like before Christ.    

On that note Artsy, I would like to encourage you with this verse

" Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted," (Galatians 6:1); and please continue to use your freedom in Christ to share whatever you like.  

(I wanted to insert this final thought after "because we are a superhero super power." ;)).  If we could all just pretend that this is where it was inserted, that would be great!  Thanks so much.  

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA BATMAN!!!

Batman-comic-cover-008.jpg

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I do not tag team. I do not collude to tag team. 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,262
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, artsylady said:

Maybe the country was "great" for white people for a long time.  The natives, whose land you took over... or the African Americans, who you dragged here in chains and were raped and made slaves for hundreds of years may not share your opinion that America was always so 'great.'  Keep that in mind.

Just another thought on the subject, it was Islam that took most of the slaves and Dutch shipping that brought them here, and the Brittish who were in charge here for the first 150 or so years...   it took us a bit less than a hundred years to free them....   and a whole bunch of white guys died to make that happen    one should not forget that.

And when they whine about it I just remind them that they were really prized possessions when in slavery, and the original people here were just in the way and they killed as many of them as they could.......     "the only good Indian is a dead Indian"   isn't just some joke passed around.

I might also add that when slavery was ended my personal ancestors who were Native Americans not only set the slaves free, but treated them like fellow citizens....    when the government dissolved the Chickasaw Nation   The Freed Men received the same allotments of land and stuff as did the Indian population....          People on my grandmothers side had slaves that just decided to stay and work for their owners for they were happy with what they were doing....   had always been treated well...   but they were not trouble makers.

I have had people ask me if I would like to have been a slave.....   my response would be that I could be happy and content with anything as long as I had Jesus....     I would have made a really good slave and worked to make myself indispensable.....   just like I did on my last career.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

People have mistreated and killed people everywhere. One thought, native Indians and any slaves brought to America most certainly had a better chance of hearing who Jesus is. Should we waste time condemning or should we praise God he works in ways we don't understand!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, MorningGlory said:
8 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I will say it one more time....   the government of the United States of America is not and never has been a Christian organization.   It was pagan from the start and our laws are not based on the Bible, but the seven Noahide laws which have nothing to do with Christianity.   Where these laws come from consider Christians as polytheists and should be killed.   That is the first of the seven laws.

Ayin:  Once again, I NEVER said I came here to do battle.  I don't even have to go back and check and see because i would never say that.  You know how I know?  Because I would never think that way.  I wish you would quit accusing me of this.  I know the format sucks, but if you had really seen that, I'm sure you know how to copy and paste.  Now you are accusing me of changing it?   Please stop.  It's ridiculous.  I think you read that INTO my post but I did NOT say it.  I'm sure moderators can see what has been changed and they have my full permission, if necessary, to do so.  And as for me and Vendtre pming each other.  Also never happened.  Not even once.  You can ask him/her the same thing and this person will also say no.

Who do I think founded America?  I think God placed who we now know as Natives here way back in the times of the Tower of Babel. 

Ezra:  Why would I live on a reserve?  I don't deserve free land.  ????   I am white, not native.   I just have a social conscience about a LOT of things.  I am also a huge fan of International Justice Mission (who frees slaves, sex slaves and help prosecute offenders)  and frequently give money and forward their facebook page posts to help create awareness.  Doesn't mean I have to go out and actually free the slaves in whatever country they are in, does it?  You say Black people have reached the highest level of governent... yet the KKK still exists.  I have been to Mississippi.  I know the segregation that still occurs in some areas of the US. (please read below before responding to this as i have more to say on the subject.)

Esther:  I am not sure what the 2nd half of the post was about or if it was directed to you. About a poor attitude etc.   I appreciate your thoughts that I am allowed to comment and have opinions on other countries politics.  Thank you for that.

The rest of you who have a problem with me talking US politics..... Why aren't you jumping all over Davida.  Did you see what she said about the Canadian Prime Minister?  And about our TV network?   And she's, gasp, not even Canadian?   Why aren't you jumping all over her.  How dare she?  Or he?   I'm actually just kidding.  I think it's nice, in a way, that she's made herself aware of a country outside of the one that she lives in.  I'm not so arrogant that I think she can't have an opinion on my government.   The real problem isn't that I am commenting on your government.  The problem is that I disagree with your choice.  If I agreed that Trump is a fitting president, you'd have no problem with me jumping in.

Other One:  Are you basing your entire opinion about slaves being brought over from Africa, from the opinion of one man that you know?  It almost sounds like it and it almost sounds like you believe that slavery was a blessing.  You seem to think all the slaves were treated fairly and only the 'trouble makers' had a tough life.   ??    And you'd be content being a slave? What if you were not on a plantation with a kind owner.   Watching your wife get hauled away to be raped by the slave owner?  Getting whipped til you had welts when for yelling when your child was taken away to be sold somewhere else?  Getting whipped for crying when your wife was sold to someone else?  These people were often treated like CATTLE.... no worse actually.  Cattle are not whipped until their backs are raw.  Your grasp of what actually occurred is staggering to me.  And good for your friend who rose above.  What about the generational people who are still angry?  Maybe it would have been better for them, if they we still in Africa with a 'bone in their nose" as you say, being introduced to Christ by kind people who befriended them and cared about them??   Why are some of these American black people, or white for that matter, better off achieving success in the business world?  Here we are bound by clocks and cars and traffic and line ups.  Our time is limited.  We miss an elevator and it can bring on frustration if we are 'late' for something.  We work long hours away from our loved ones, commute through noisy traffic to finally get home and "have to cook" dinner or eat out, and maybe spend an hour with our children.... just waiting for the weekend.   Do we have  it better off than a tribe who wake up to the sounds of nature when they are rested, cook over an open fire with the family... the men go off to hunt for awhile while the women farm and teach children.  The men come back, supper is prepared.  People eat and make music and celebrate.   Regularly.   Is the North American  lifestyle really even better?  To say slavery was a good thing makes me feel that you have no real grasp on history.  There are black men and women, (and Natives) still feeling the pain of horrible abused passed down from generations.  The slavery and the past abuse from generations back is EXACTLY what makes them more unreachable.  There are still people around today whose parents and grandparents were slaves.  It wasn't that long ago.

That's it for today.  Maybe for good. lol.  I know you all will have responses.  I just don't if I can keep doing this.

1 hour ago, artsylady said:

What about the generational people who are still angry?  Maybe it would have been better for them, if they we still in Africa with a 'bone in their nose" as you say, being introduced to Christ by kind people who befriended them and cared about them??   Why are some of these American black people, or white for that matter, better off achieving success in the business world?

There is not a man or woman alive that is responsible for slavery.....    tens of thousands of white people died to free the slaves, I don't see them thanking anyone for that.....    what is it that is my fault that we had slaves a hundred pluss years.    Why are some of these black people better off in the business world.....   all that I know, black, white red or blue got there by not being victims, and applying themselves to whatever work they do and not setting around all day complaining about what happened to their great great grandfathers.

7 hours ago, other one said:
2 hours ago, hmbld said:

People have mistreated and killed people everywhere. One thought, native Indians and any slaves brought to America most certainly had a better chance of hearing who Jesus is. Should we waste time condemning or should we praise God he works in ways we don't understand!

Please read my comments to Other One on this subject. 

As well, the New Testament is silent on what happens to those who have never heard of Jesus.  I do believe these people, who die never knowing, do NOT go to hell.  God is merciful.  I guess to truly empathise with what occured, you would have to read more books and watch more movies on the way many slaves were actually treat actually treated slaves.  We can't thank God for human mistakes that caused horror , indignity and travesty to so many any more than we can thank God for the holocaust.